VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Subforum Suggestions - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Subforum Suggestions Something to keep in mind beforehand

#1 Zero*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

I see a considerable amount of threads in the Feedback/Help section concerning the creation of entire subforums to house a topic, and I really need to say something, mostly because it's getting redundant having to address the same thing over and over again.

I think a lot of users really undermine the scale of a subforum. If a general topic doesn't have even 10 threads on it, it probably doesn't need a subforum. And if threads cannot be made on that specific topic consistently on a fairly regular basis, a subforum would be just unnecessary.

Let's keep in mind that a subforum's purpose is not to divide a main forum's topic into categories, it's to organize a common branch idea as a separate but equal entity for ease of access.

- - -

Everyone, please keep this in mind before asking for a subforum. A topic for a subforum would only be needed if they meet the following criteria:

- The common topic has more than 10 (20 is better) threads discussing it. (This doesn't include duplicates or threads that have only one or two posts made in them. This is a sign that it is not a topic what will stir up enough discussion.)
- It is an idea prone to further future discussions. (Such as The Clinic since it is inevitable that users will continue to ask for help on the subject of vocaloid programs)
- It is something relate-able to the forum. (For example, a subforum "UTAU Help" would not necessarily belong in Vocaloid Talk since we have a forum for UTAU. This is a pretty obvious example, but you know what I mean.)

Just something to keep in mind.

#2 Luka*

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

Ohhoho~ Luka likes this tread very much, Zero. You did a good job. ^^ I agree with everything you said here. Thanks for making this.

#3 User is offline   Lancelot Icon

• Butler of madamoiselle
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:06 AM

Actually, I have two subforum suggestions:
First: Anime/Manga Fans Club
I have searching popular forums and found they have ones two. It could be nice if we have one, right?
Second: Tournaments
Any tournaments, related to GFX, Vocaloid songs(but I have found one here), Signatures, or any other.

Hope I help.. :D

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   astroninja Icon

• VO's First Ocarinist
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Producers:Tripshots

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

um ,no, not really. did you even read what he said? we dont need a subforum for an anime/manga fan club cause thats what the anime and manga subforums are for. and that second one doesnt even make sense at all.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Lancelot Icon

• Butler of madamoiselle
  • Icon

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:11 AM

|Well, it could be an ordinary forum, right?

Well, I'm thinking of VO groups, it could be very interesting (for me).

For example, Otaku club..
Hentai club

you know, but I'm only suggesting. ^_^
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   p4pe Icon

• echelon
  • Icon

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

First~ Don't double post please. Those "edit" buttons are there for a reason!

Second~ VO groups? And how would that work, honestly. :/

We had an MSN group that after some time it got down because of some.. Events, to say that way.

Also, Otaku club? What? Sorry but no. This is an forum about Vocaloid otaku. And other otakus can go to the AniManga section or somewhere else that is not AniManga but is otaku. That's why it exists.

And Hentai club? I'm not gonna even. We have TBL for that kind of things anyway.

So, the whole point of VO groups is useless.
I believe in nothing
Not the end and not the start
I believe in nothing
Not the earth and not the stars
I believe in nothing
Not the day and not the dark
I believe in nothing
But the beating of our hearts
I believe in nothing
One hundred suns until we part

I believe in nothing
Not in sin and not in God
I believe in nothing
Not in peace and not in war
I believe in nothing
But the truth and who we are

#7 User is offline   Lancelot Icon

• Butler of madamoiselle
  • Icon

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

Well, groups something like that, but well, that's my suggestion, sorry for double posting. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   astroninja Icon

• VO's First Ocarinist
  • Icon

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

actually, i think i know what he means. although i doubt it could work that way here. i think he might have meant groups in the sense of groups on small scale social network sites (Such as All is Brawl for an example of one im on). with a group page that has a comment board and its own forums and group mods, but is still part of the site

anyway, i think game series like Zelda and Metroid have good potential for their own subforums. i can think of several potential topics for each just off the top of my head...on second thought, perhaps a single encompassing topic for nintendo franchises could be better, since there are also a large number of other series that the same could be said for <.<

another idea: a subforum for MMOs. there seem to have been a lot of topics on those on the old board.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Lancelot Icon

• Butler of madamoiselle
  • Icon

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:13 AM

Actually astro, that's what i would like to say. Small communications of each people, for those who would like to join in or something. Like anime clubs, social clubs, cosplay clubs, and any other different clubs they may think of.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Sarah JK Icon

• I use MMD and MMD accessories
  • Icon

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

Maybe a cosplay subforum? In the Japanese Culture section perhaps. I'm not sure how may topics and post it would generate though. People could show pictures of their cosplays and tutorials on how to make certain parts (like headphones) or something along those lines. I guess it would probably have to be limited to Vocaloid/Utau cosplays though. It's just a suggestion. Take it with a grain of salt or something like that. ^_^
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Leslie Icon

• SENKETSU KISARAGI
  • Icon

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:53 AM

View PostZero, on 02 May 2010 - 12:45 PM, said:

I think a lot of users really undermine the scale of a subforum. If a general topic doesn't have even 10 threads on it, it probably doesn't need a subforum. And if threads cannot be made on that specific topic consistently on a fairly regular basis, a subforum would be just unnecessary.

GOOD GRIEF YOU PEOPLE

LEARN2READ, PLZ

Honestly.... *faceplams*

#12 Zero*

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

What Leslie said.

@Astro - The thing with group pages is that it usually causes more problems than anything. I mean, it's not a bad idea, but the hassle of having to have separate moderators, having to moderate comment boards, and the "first-come-first-serve" basis most of these groups and fanclubs operate on seems like a disaster and butthurt waiting to happen.

Personally, "clubs" and "groups within a forum are really useless.

@Ember - Maybe if enough people get interested in it, but a stickyed thread would suffice at the most if such a thing were to happen.

#13 User is offline   Sarah JK Icon

• I use MMD and MMD accessories
  • Icon

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:01 AM

That makes sense. It was really just a small suggestion anyway. I wasn't hoping and praying for it or anything ^^
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   astroninja Icon

• VO's First Ocarinist
  • Icon

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

View PostEmberDecember, on 05 May 2010 - 04:01 AM, said:

It was really just a small suggestion anyway. I wasn't hoping and praying for it or anything ^^

same
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Alexander-After*

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

If I may, I have a pretty good idea for a subforum in the GD or Off-Topic section.

One for Music.

I constantly used to see threads upon THREADS for music unrelated to Vocaloids and/or Utau.

So I personally think it'd be a splendid subforum. ^^;; But just a suggestion of course. xD

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users