VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Stepmania - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stepmania Project Diva? What's that?

#31 User is offline   GreenKata Icon

• Chasing the never ending note~
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

I don't play them to get good scores.
Besides I use a dance pad so there is no way I can get much better than what I am already am at.

I play the songs at the levels the programer made them at.
I don't care about being the fastest.
When you can also do those on a dance pad, then you are allowed to tell me they are slow.
Started up a VO chorus dedicated to English songs, any and all singers welcome
http://www.vocaloido...english-branch/
Posted Image

#32 ddrXero64*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Edit: Gpop, you mind editing this thread to be titled DDR/ITG/Stepmania? so it makes a bit more sense...thanks in advance if you can~

^omg you're a pad player! *brofist*

you must be thinking I only play this stuff on kb, psh. I'm a 9 year proud DDR fan. Here's a stupid video (machine's arrows were horribly off, barely managed to pass) of me when i was like 16-17 one summer at my local Six Flags just in case you think I'm lying (I don't have my vid of legend of max, and if I had a chance to play ITG I'd post a vid of that)

I'm just so used to people playing with faster mods and always playing on KB. There aren't many people who play Stepmania on pad nowadays. But I grew up with 1x, before speed mods were even made. I read slow ones too xD here's one where I pushed it to the limit, 9 footer pad file I believe..

(At 5:46 I attempt to play with 0.5x)

:D

Edit: This is me teaching my friend to try out some improv. I was trying to make him laugh cuz he was in a bad mood, so I was being dorky at times and corny I know, but it always gets him. I never liked the video cuz my shirt was tucked in my ass without knowing, and I look like a "hot mess." >.< We were flustered though, being in a hot stuffy city type hall for his graduation for hours.

#33 User is offline   GreenKata Icon

• Icon

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

Ew
You use the bar
Disgusting ;-;
Posted Image

#34 ddrXero64*

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:43 AM

View PostGreenKata, on 23 August 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Ew
You use the bar
Disgusting ;-;

I can pass it just as well without it. It was because I was tired, and I started the song not realizing the shoelace on my left shoe was untied. (look at Max 300 video)

I don't think I have to go out and film another fail machine to prove to you, but yea, you saw the triplet parts without bar, which are hard enough to screw up balance.

I don't whore the bar, but I acknowledge it's there for safety reasons, I prefer to freestyle anyway, which almost never uses it (unless you're jumping over it, or sliding through it, or being all cool with it xD)

You're a typical DDR player though, talk about jumping onto the anti-barwhore brigade xD

#35 User is offline   Hikaru-chan Icon

• あんたは私のものよ!/ 君は俺のものだ!
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shigotoshite-P~♥

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

After seeing the way some of the "elitists" in this thread talk, I'm a little afraid to ask this question.

Because I seem to like torturing myself, I'll ask it anyway >//< :

I recently got back into Stepmania and I downloaded a few Vocaloid songs, thinking "hey, this'll be fun!". Turns out, even on the simplest setting that these songs have been allowed for, they're too hard! Then, I realized that they're all on "Hard" and above. I'm a pretty novice player and I can only play "Light" mode with any ease. "Hard" mode is too hard, and "Beginner/Novice" is too damn easy! If I'm even making any sense here...

So, what I'm saying is, are there any song packs out there that allow for "Light" mode, or are they all "Standard/Hard" mode and above? I'm talking about Vocaloid songs specifically, here. I already have all the DDR packs along with a few others that I can do at my present skill level. I'm not skilled enough to try and up my level yet because I haven't played in three years!!! I have to start over!!

Also, I'm using a keyboard, just FYI. I don't have a pad yet because I haven't played in so long and I'm broke as hell.

So... ...help a sista out? ^^;;
****Hopeless Posted Image x Posted Image fan****
Posted Image

♥~KaiMei FTW~♥

Posted Image x Posted Image is also very cute. ^^
Posted Image
♥~NegiBanana~♥ X#3

~*~*~

Founder of the VO Shigotoshite-P Fanclub!
Posted Image
7/6 - Featured song has been UPDATED. Please check it out~ ^.~

~*~*~

The Vocaloids I Like:
Spoiler

#36 User is offline   Gpop Icon

• Koishi
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:06 AM

View PostGreenKata, on 23 August 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Ew
You use the bar
Disgusting ;-;

Why would the bar be put there if people would think of it as cheating? :V

View PostHikaru-chan, on 23 August 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

After seeing the way some of the "elitists" in this thread talk, I'm a little afraid to ask this question.

Because I seem to like torturing myself, I'll ask it anyway >//< :

I recently got back into Stepmania and I downloaded a few Vocaloid songs, thinking "hey, this'll be fun!". Turns out, even on the simplest setting that these songs have been allowed for, they're too hard! Then, I realized that they're all on "Hard" and above. I'm a pretty novice player and I can only "Light"mode with any ease. is too hard, and "Beginner/Novice" is too damn easy! If I'm even making any sense here...

So, what I'm saying is, are there any song packs out there that allow for "Light" mode, or are they all "Standard/Hard" mode and above? I'm talking about Vocaloid songs specifically, here. I already have all the DDR packs along with a few others that I can do at my present skill level. I'm not skilled enough to try and up my level yet because I haven't played in three years!!! I have to start over!!

Also, I'm using a keyboard, just FYI. I don't have a pad yet because I haven't played in so long and I'm broke as hell.

So... ...help a sista out? ^^;;

In terms of vocaloid, I have no idea, but this is the problem with a lot of the pad community, making a lot of files for only high-level players. And most of the "Vocaloid Packs" are mediocre at best. All I can assure is that the 4 vocaloid files that I posted in OP (click videos for links in their description), and my touhou pad packs which are also in the OP, are FULLY charted, beginner - Challenge. So you can definitely use those as a starting point :P
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Hikaru-chan Icon

• あんたは私のものよ!/ 君は俺のものだ!
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

@Gpop
Thanks. Well...I said I didn't have a pad. I'm using a keyboard. I don't know what a difference that'll make... >///<

I mean, if it doesn't matter, I'll try them out anyway. (I don't know a lot of Touhou songs, though, tbh...barely any of them). I really don't know if it makes a difference, playing a pad chart on a keyboard, but if it doesn't make a difference, I think I'll try it out regardless. In the meantime, I guess I'll keep looking...

But, thanks anyway. : )
Posted Image

♥~KaiMei FTW~♥

Posted Image
♥~NegiBanana~♥ X#3

~*~*~

Posted Image

~*~*~

The Vocaloids I Like:
Spoiler

#38 User is offline   Gpop Icon

• Koishi
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

View PostHikaru-chan, on 23 August 2011 - 09:30 PM, said:

@Gpop
Thanks. Well...I said I didn't have a pad. I'm using a keyboard. I don't know what a difference that'll make... >///<

I mean, if it doesn't matter, I'll try them out anyway. (I don't know a lot of Touhou songs, though, tbh...barely any of them). I really don't know if it makes a difference, playing a pad chart on a keyboard, but if it doesn't make a difference, I think I'll try it out regardless. In the meantime, I guess I'll keep looking...

But, thanks anyway. : )

Well it really doesn't matter in the end, just that "pad" charts are generally easier as they are meant for feet. They can't go as fast or do as many patterns as your own fingers can. But the beginner there is as easy as beginner from DDR and so on, so I'm sure that's exactly what you're looking for anyways.
Posted Image

#39 ddrXero64*

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

THANK YOU HIKARU CHAN

Question of the day. I slaved over making this thread long ago, and I still keep it updated to this day. It's the Beginner's Songpack Thread, it is meant for people who are starting with stepmania (on keyboard). It contains MANY pad packs and any other packs that tend to have multiple charts, including beginner and light.

You'll need an account to view the Downloads / Songpacka section, but trust me it's worth it. I slaved hours on putting it together, and accumulating the hours I spend testing links, creating mirrors, etc. etc. I think it's worth your time.

http://www.stepmania....php?f=10&t=515

Here's the Official Songpack Thread too, which a fellwo member started long ago, but since then has been edited A LOT. I've done a lot of work on it in the past months too, adding all the working existing Otaku's Dream links, adding a Japanese Simfile section at the bottom and always reuploading mirrors.

http://www.stepmania...c.php?f=10&t=58

^Really hope that helps, this is the forum I used to whore before joining others, so I've done a lot of work :P

#40 User is offline   Hikaru-chan Icon

• あんたは私のものよ!/ 君は俺のものだ!
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

Oh, sigh...I really wanted to avoid making another account somewhere if I could help it, but if it's what I must do....I need some fresh tunes, after all. >///< And hardly any of the songs I've found out there have charts for "Beginner" mode, let alone "Light" mode. "Light" mode is what I'm looking for. "Hard" mode is too hard for me at the moment, and I'm WAY past "Beginner", even after having not played in three years. X#P

But, if it's what I must do to get some new "steps" to play, I suppose it can't hurt. : )

Thanks, Gpop and ddrXero64. Much appreciated~
Posted Image

♥~KaiMei FTW~♥

Posted Image
♥~NegiBanana~♥ X#3

~*~*~

Posted Image

~*~*~

The Vocaloids I Like:
Spoiler

#41 User is offline   恨死你~ YUKI ~ HateDieU Icon

• Futo's Stalker
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:50 AM

I love Stepmania, but I only play it in my old computer in case any of my arrow keys in my new computer falls off.... you know.

I havent been playing for months till yesterday, and yes, I use the keyboard because my house is not big enough for it if I ever get caught playing DDR/stuff like that in arcades im SO gonna get grounded big time

I've been thinking about downloading new songs, mainly Touhou ones but I still think I need to improve my skills first. This thread be useful for me.
+Fujikage Yuki- ~

da insane laughing monster
Yuki

LOOK MY DRAGON EGGS HAS APPEARED AT LONG LAST

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image[/url] Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You know you wanna click them ;)

#42 ddrXero64*

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:32 AM

View PostHikaru-chan, on 23 August 2011 - 10:47 PM, said:

Oh, sigh...I really wanted to avoid making another account somewhere if I could help it, but if it's what I must do....I need some fresh tunes, after all. >///< And hardly any of the songs I've found out there have charts for "Beginner" mode, let alone "Light" mode. "Light" mode is what I'm looking for. "Hard" mode is too hard for me at the moment, and I'm WAY past "Beginner", even after having not played in three years. X#P

But, if it's what I must do to get some new "steps" to play, I suppose it can't hurt. : )

Thanks, Gpop and ddrXero64. Much appreciated~

Not to sound cocky, but I swear those two threads are the only ones you'll need for a while. And if there's something missing, something you don't like, broken links, etc. just tell me, I will do my best to resolve it. And I have every single pack in both those threads (and more). About 136 GB (I just checked the folder size) or more I'd say now..

#43 ddrXero64*

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

Some videos I guess I'd like to put up, I've been trying to improve on the spread style stuff.

#44 User is offline   GreenKata Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:13 AM

Been playing DDR since it came out and I am nowhere near as good as I used to be.
It's not because I am getting old but more of the fact that when I started I was surgery and injury free.
That not being the case anymore sadly my body cannot keep up with what I used to be able to do.
Posted Image

#45 ddrXero64*

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

I don't know why but I love seeing people who still play it who were the original DDR players, right with its release. That's pretty cool Kata, I mean I started right when Max came out but I got Konamix, since I didn't have a PS2. But I think it's crazy when you can be one of the original good players when a genre breaking game release like that comes out :P

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users