General Forum Rules:
- Be respectful of other members, moderators, and administrators at all times.
The mods are here to keep the forums safe, clean, sane, and secure for everyloid. If they ask you to do something, please comply. Flaming, racism, and trolling is prohibited. Be respectful at all times. You may not insult or harass any member in this community.
- Users must be the age 15 or older. Any users under this age will have their accounts suspended until they hit the age of 15(The only exception to this rule is if you joined VocaloidOtaku before this rule was changed(May 9th 2012))
- Keep disagreements civilized.
You have every right to disagree with the members as long as you discuss your disagreements maturely and in a respectful fashion.
- You are limited to one account only. Do not create anymore.
- Do not share your account. Account sharing is a bannable offense.
- Read pinned threads in each forum for helpful information and rules that are specific to each forum.
- When in doubt, PM a mod with any questions or if you need help with anything.
- Any penalties for the infringement of the rules are at the moderation team's discretion.
- If you have any questions or concerns related to the forum, please use the Feedback/Help forum.
- Do not spam outside of the Pocaloid Lounge (PL)
- Do not double post. If you want to add more to your post, use the edit feature.
- Do not post one worded posts or posts with just emoticons outside of the BL. Posts that do not contribute to the thread will be deleted.
- Keep discussion on-topic. Any off-topic discussion can be taken to the BL or private messages.
- Post threads in their appropriate forum.
- Linking sites that could be considered offensive will be removed.
- Please use the search function before posting a new topic.
- Asking for downloads/torrents of copyrighted Vocaloid material will get your post/thread deleted. (Please read this thread to know what Vocaloid Material is/is not allowed)
- If the thread already exists, feel free to post in it. Even if it hasn't been posted in for awhile. You may not bump threads with useless information, one liners, emotes, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the thread.
- Do not quote extremely large posts.
- Do not post just to increase your number of posts.
- You may not post on behalf on any banned or suspended member.
- Keep image posting outside of the PL to a minimum unless it's a designated thread to do so (ex: General Vocaloid Images thread).
- Images/videos/posts that could be potentially offensive, obscene, vulgar, shocking, etc. should be put in spoiler tags. (This includes avatars, signatures and profile photos)
- In regards to avatars/signatures/profile photos;
Things such as overly detailed and focus on private regions of someone's body and profanity will be removed from one's signature/avatar/profile photos. (If we recieve lots of complaints regarding an avatar/signature/photo that may be viewed as offensive we will manually remove it ourselves and notify the user that their avatar has been removed for said reason.)
- All images that are not safe for work (sexually explicit), should go in a spoiler for NSFW(not safe for work). If you're unsure of what is too graphic, you're free to post in a spoiler tag just to be safe. Make sure to post NSFW inside of the spoiler tag.
- Keep more than one .gifs (moving images) in a spoiler tag.
- Do not have large amounts of images in your signature unless they're in a spoiler tag.
Subforum Specific Rules:
(These rules apply to specific sections of this site. Please look under each section for their specified rules. General rules still apply unless specifically stated otherwise under another subforum's section.)
-Do not post in an announcement thread if it has not been posted in within thirty days (excluding VO+ Memberships)
-Each user is allowed one introduction thread(The only exception is if they have left for a long duration and have returned)
-Do not excessively make departure threads. Fake departure threads and the like are not too welcome.
-Duplicates are allowed here so long as they are related in needing help regarding forum related problems.
-News threads that haven't recieved any new content or posts in a thirty day time span might be locked. (Said threads will only be reopened if there is relevant/newer news for whatever topic the thread is about)
-Do not revive old News threads.
-Each news related topic is given one thread each. If it is getting too crowded/large a new thread may be made(if asked or if the staff decides as such) and the old one will be locked.
-Double posting is allowed, so long as it's relevant to news and such for whatever topic you are posting in.
-No illegal Vocaloid voicebank downloads.
The Vocaloid Campus:
-Duplicate threads for Vocaloid software related problems are fine (We understand some questions get buried and such).
-Traced and stolen illustrations, lyrics, songs, etc, are not allowed.
-Double posts are allowed, so long as they are for good reason.
-Do not post news related threads here.
Anime Discussion & Manga Discussion:
-Any series is allowed to be discussed unless it has a specific subforum elsewhere (ie; Pokemon, iDOLM@STER, etc)
Cosplay & Events:
-Double posting is allowed for updates and such relating to con plans and/or cosplay outfit updates.
-Double posting is allowed so long as it's for good reason (an update, a timeskip, forum games, etc).
-A series that can fall under more than just one section (TV&Movies vs Comics/Cartoons for example) should go into the subforum it would fall under first (if it was released first as a cartoon). The only exception is if you are specifically referring to a certain adaptation/version of the topic.
-You are permitted to have one thread in Point Caffe. If you desire to make a new one, let a staff member know so the old one may be deleted.
-Do not make a birthday or celebration thread too early (ie; a week before it even happens)
-Vocaloid birthdays/anniversaries should go in Vocaloid Talk instead of Greetings&Celebrations
-Do not post celebrations to individuals that are not part of the community (ie; your mother, relatives, famous individuals, etc).
-NSFW content is allowed in this subforum. However it must be kept under spoiler tags at all times.
-Double posts are allowed so long as they are reasonable (updates for video games and such).
The Artist's Grotto
The Pocaloid Lounge
(Due to the large size of the PL and the controversial aspect of it being completely messy and 'free range', this area is here to establish the proper rules of said section to help clear things up.)
-Most general rules do not apply in the Pocaloid Lounge; this includes being disrespectful, trolling, are a couple examples.
-Double posting is fine.
-Duplicate threads are fine. (The same views on double posting are applied to duplicate threads. Do not make a million "lolrandumb" threads just to cover the first page with the same thread over and over.)
-You are allowed to talk about anything. It can be serious or non-serious.
-Shock images and such are not allowed.
-Personal information or calls to invasion of privacy and such are prohibited.
-NSFW images are allowed in this section. Infact you may post them without spoilers (however it is recommended you put them under spoilers or give a warning in the thread title)
-Necro/Reviving an old thread is not against the rules in this section, however it is greatly frowned upon and not encouraged.
-Do not make threads just to share a video or picture. We have a picture&video related sticky for this.
-Users are permitted to add their own personal rules in their own threads so long as they do not conflict with the rules of this site (ie; if you wish no one to post off topic things you may.)
-If a thread is locked and you are the OP (Original Poster) you are allowed to request the thread to be reopened.
-Please keep in mind that staff may edit and/or change posts to something silly and/or different from the original content. This is not meant to be malicious, it is usually meant as a joke or to be silly. This is also the only subforum the staff will ever do anything like this in.
- The Moderation Team