VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Content BETA: Project "Naebula" - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Content BETA: Project "Naebula" A new content-driven initiative

#1 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the recent increase in content from artists in the community (any sort of art here). For some time I'd been thinking how cool it'd be if we could gather these guys in an interface that is specifically tailored for their comprehensive use, and their audience, in return. Vocaloid Campus has been set with that inkling of an horizon in mind, and serves as the forum we have right now.

I gathered a few ideas from renowned community "Piapro", fleshed several things out, and eventually have started to take steps to fully realize this idea. And yes, looking into the distance called Piapro is a daring vision, but is one can only propel development throughout.
This brings me to VocaloidOtaku.net, which seems like the perfect place to host such endeavor.

http://content.vocal...u.net/index.php
http://vocaloidotaku...ebula/index.php

The first link should provide you an insight on things, an introduction to it, some details and get you general impressions.
The second one is the file-sharing interface in all its BETA-esque glory.

And now, I'll try to put things on the table in a coherent order. Hopefully I will cover everything I have thought of so far, though it's way into the night, I wouldn't be surprised if I go flying right past some details.

The link with a subdomain is pretty much a Portal to this project. For now, it has a banner, a bunch of relevant links and an explanation or two.
Within the next stages of development, I wish to integrate it somewhat with the actual File-Sharing interface for a more comprehensive (read: shiny and cool) browsing and overall sharing effectiveness. The first idea that sparked was a news-centric module/wrapper that holds news related to the project, using maybe one of those News interfaces out there, I forget their name. I haven't used them in yeears. But that is a search away. These news could bring you different edits from development stages, but they could also bring news recently released albums, illustrations and whatnot. Maybe not too specific here not to saturate it. Ergo, something that needs some planning.

Of 'course, though it's currently one page, the Portal might eventually branch out to different pages. Featured tracks, featured illustrations, artist descriptions, tutorials, resources, contests, reviews, etc. There is a myriad of possibilities here for cross-interfacing, and unless it's too far-fetched, I can probably have an hand in it.

Onto the file-sharing interface itself, there are currently a couple of available features. I will now list them:

• Uploading all types of files
  • Downloading all types of files
  • Comment/feedback section
  • Rate files
  • Favorites list
  • Option to check out more of X artist's works in another page
  • File subscriptions (say, if the artist is building an album, it will warn you of new tracks in the album page)
  • Soundcloud integration (you can submit a track via the "media" button)
  • Possibility to share various files in the same page, download them all or individually

And now, onto the list of features I want to integrate in time:

• Allow HTML for customizing your post
  • Automatically post in the Vocaloid Tribune whenever a submission is made

And, apart from that, just general optimization, like recent images, top rated images and all that stuff.

Last but certainly not least, I hope that people enjoy what is trying to be done and jump in, because most certainly, without a community, a community-driven project cannot certainly go on. It is important that you submit your tracks, albums, illustrations, GFX, along with a spiffy description, preview (to youtube or soundcloud for instance, which can easily be integrated in submission posts), and actually fill this thing up with what matters, content.
I'll be sure to pitch in my part whenever possible.

#2 User is offline   a boy named emmy Icon

• The male equivalent to a Len fangirl!
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Clean Tears

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:14 AM

I have a question. I understand that this is directed mostly at original works, right? So would things like Vocaloid covers have to go somewhere else? Or would they be allowed under the condition that we make the VSQ ourselves?
Posted Imagedeviantart
.Posted Imageyoutube
..Posted Imagefacebook
...Posted Imagetwitter
....Posted Imagesoundcloud
.....Posted Imagetumblr
......Posted Imagegoogle+

.......Posted Imagepiapro

........Posted Imagebandcamp

★自分の想像力の境界を越えて☆

#3 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

I think I might do a sub-section for that within Music, we'll see.

#4 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

a slight update on this,

the limit is now lifted up to 50MB, that should be enough for now.

as a test, i have submitted a track myself, and filled out all the currently available fields so people can see what can be done.

http://vocaloidotaku...outer-botanica/

deleted the track itself now. the downloads are working nice. they're almost instant.

#5 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

i won't even bother about double posts in this thread.

anyways, i set up a news module on the Portal (http://content.vocaloidotaku.net/index.php). i will probably start updating there instead of here so if you want to keep up with things, start using that link.

i have also started doing the rest of the design, below the top links, where i will have modules with content. a sidebar and a main part, i hope. the sidebar will have stats and all sorts of links that will lead to other pages within content.vocaloidotaku.net (and also the file-sharing interface) that will be created to hold different types of content in the future.

also, sorry to someone who had uploaded a bunch of GFX, i had to delete them because the new limit bugged your submission out. shouldn't happen again i think.

#6 User is offline   Luna Hime Icon

• #1 princess in the whole world
  • Icon

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

I have a question as well: Say you like to draw vocaloids. Would you be prohibited from posting pictures based off of existing songs? (ex. "Love is War" picture showing Miku singing into a megaphone) or would we only be able to post completely new concepts?
like "SeeU Wouldn't Wanna Be You" on Facebook. Click here!
Reasons to like:
  • Vocaloid News updates (without having to sift through message boards to read them)
  • Lots of SeeU pictures and videos
  • Funny or interesting anime pictures
  • anime/Vocaloid discussions

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   a boy named emmy Icon

• The male equivalent to a Len fangirl!
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Clean Tears

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

View PostLuna-chan, on 04 October 2011 - 06:25 PM, said:

I have a question as well: Say you like to draw vocaloids. Would you be prohibited from posting pictures based off of existing songs? (ex. "Love is War" picture showing Miku singing into a megaphone) or would we only be able to post completely new concepts?

I'm sure that drawings based on popular or existing songs would be just fine, but Azure makes that call.
Posted Imagedeviantart
.Posted Imageyoutube
..Posted Imagefacebook
...Posted Imagetwitter
....Posted Imagesoundcloud
.....Posted Imagetumblr
......Posted Imagegoogle+

.......Posted Imagepiapro

........Posted Imagebandcamp

★自分の想像力の境界を越えて☆

#8 User is offline   Luna Hime Icon

• #1 princess in the whole world
  • Icon

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

View PostEmeraMixx, on 04 October 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

I'm sure that drawings based on popular or existing songs would be just fine, but Azure makes that call.

can never be too safe. :/
like "SeeU Wouldn't Wanna Be You" on Facebook. Click here!
Reasons to like:
  • Vocaloid News updates (without having to sift through message boards to read them)
  • Lots of SeeU pictures and videos
  • Funny or interesting anime pictures
  • anime/Vocaloid discussions

#9 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

As EmeraMixx said it, it's completely fine.

#10 User is offline   Mini Icon

• MASTER RACE
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

you read my thoughts I love you <3
Btw. When can we start using it?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

You can and are encouraged to start using it now! The interface is ready to host all sorts of stuff already. The Portal is not yet all spiffy and cute, but that is something I'm working over time. A better presentation and more pages/features with some of the stuff mentioned in the first post will come.

#12 User is offline   Koda Icon

• Western VOCALOID Producer
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:CosMo-P (Bousou-P)

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

I'm 110% excited to see this explode if done right. Expect contribution from my end VERY soon.

EDIT: Is it intended for new works only, or should we be uploading earlier stuff of our own making?

This post has been edited by Koda: 05 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

I am a decently-known and possibly-respected Vocaloid producer. If I wrote Vocaloid music anywhere near as quickly as my fellow Western P's, I might actually be popular.

Nah...

Download the The BIG ALbum completely free.

#13 User is offline   Myst Icon

• 音楽は私の人生です
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:Kaoling, EZFG, Camellia, GigaP

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hellll yesssss!
So exciting! It's like an overseas Piapro, exactly what I've been wanting to see happen.
[[ that one Yukari x Sasayaki-san shipper ]]
Icon by CPninjagrrl

Posted Image

deviantART || Tumblr
The UTAforum || Overseas Utafest on deviantART

View PostMiraju, on 23 October 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

plz ppl I have Kikyuune Aiku_Fart append for Vocaloid-0 your arguments are invalid.

#14 User is offline   Mini Icon

• MASTER RACE
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:57 AM

I have uploaded a file, but there seems to be some image missing on the download button and having a preview of illustrations would be nice. I tried to upload a screenshot but it's not displaying.
Also it says that all submissions needs approval of an admin, you gotta need a lot of admins hahaha.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

@Koda: You can submit anything from old stuff to new. You can even specify the release date when you're submitting it.
@Mini: Actually, that's an issue with the permission masks, I made them right for the Music section but forgot to edit them for the other categories. For instance, the other submission in the Music section went right through while I was gone. So it doesn't need approval anymore.

anyways, I'm taking it down for some time.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users