VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: English!Miku fanclub - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

English!Miku fanclub not there yet, but...

#1 User is offline   Saruta Icon

• Fan of Osamu Tezuka, who started it ALL
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:01 AM

...but I *like* what I hear.

Here are, apparently, the official previews of the upcoming English version. (Some disputes exist regarding authenticity)

Spoiler

Also, there is the fan work, which does not use any official English work. It uses original Japanese Miku or Miku Append, possibly also Luka in some cases; it still manages to sound as English Miku - sometimes bordering on the impossible.

Spoiler

Basic information (you should know this already):

Spoiler

In summer 2011, Crypton held a contest for the design of "American Miku", for promotional use.

Contest entries

Contest winner

I have seen lots of criticism of English!Miku and I'd like to call those who, like me, think she deserves some love and support. Of course there is the general Miku FC (which I joined); this one is specifically for those who believe that she is beautiful in English also, and should use it, well, to take over the world and what not :)

Well yes, she sounds like a Japanese person singing in English (and in pretty good English, just with an accent). I think she sounds great like that.

This is not in any way to the detriment of native Engloids! Different niches and all.
Investigating the false-copyright attack on Vocaloid YT videos/translations - and the way forward after them. http://savemiku.wikia.com

Russians invented leek spin!

Running: English!Miku fan club Saki Fujita fan club Yuu Asakawa fan club
Member of: Engloids fan club Hatsune Miku fan club Megurine Luka fan club

All my posts only represent my own view and not anyone else's including any corporate entity. Sorry for having this dull stuff here, but I post from a workplace sometimes.

#2 User is offline   Pomelo Icon

• sekai de ichiban trash-sama ☆
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:wintermute & whoo

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

...You'll want to add more details to the first post. Look at the other topics in the fanclub to get an idea.

#3 User is offline   Sebastian Icon

• welcoem to the department of redunacy department
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Kaoling

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

Would it not be better to join/take over the normal Miku club? Then making anew club?

♈♉♊♋♌♎♏♐♑♒♓
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:OSTER-P

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

You should mention that both of the demos use a lot of Luka to do the dipthongs. ( It is fairly obvious though so maybe not )
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#5 User is offline   Saruta Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

Updated as requested.
Investigating the false-copyright attack on Vocaloid YT videos/translations - and the way forward after them. http://savemiku.wikia.com

All my posts only represent my own view and not anyone else's including any corporate entity. Sorry for having this dull stuff here, but I post from a workplace sometimes.

#6 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:38 AM

View PostSaruta, on 09 November 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

Updated as requested.

You have some errors in your basic information

View PostSaruta, on 09 November 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

Luka is the number one Vocaloid2 in Japanese and just number one Vocaloid in popularity. She is a Japanese Vocaloid originally, but official AND unofficial work is ongoing to get her to sing in English. It is likely that she will always have an accent, as Sako Fujita does (some article I saw mentioned that she had no English before the recording of the English version started; failed to find the link in google - if anyone knows it I'll add).

Here is an edited basic information.

Miku is the first Vocaloid2 of the Vocaloid 2 character series (The very first vocaloid 2 was Sweet Ann from PowerFx) in Japan and is considered the most popular Vocaloid among fans. She currently has 7 voice banks and an eighth bank that will be an english bank that is in the works for the vocaloid 3 editor. It is likely that she will always have a japanese accent, as Miku Hatsune voice actress; Sako Fujita is learning how to pronounce english in order to make the english voice bank for Miku Hatsune.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#7 User is offline   Saruta Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

Thanks, all fixed including the very embarassing mixup with Luka (I just was editing in those "Luka usages" and should not have been doing this at nearly 7AM).

(Expecting incoming leek blow for that one)

#8 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

View PostSaruta, on 09 November 2011 - 11:50 PM, said:

Thanks, all fixed including embarassing mixup with Luka (I just was editing in those "Luka usages" and should not have been doing this at nearly 7AM).

Last thing to mention is that you put the videos in HTML format which does not work on this board.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#9 User is offline   Saruta Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:50 AM

Thanks, fixed that one too.

#10 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

View PostSaruta, on 09 November 2011 - 11:56 PM, said:

Thanks, fixed that one too.

Sorry I am nit picking but The poker face was done by OlaCola03

These were also done by initializedee
Spoiler

this one was done by SomethingUnreal
Spoiler

♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#11 User is offline   Saruta Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

sleepysheep7, thanks! You're not nitpicking, it's just more of English!Miku to adore, and I also finally see where this is getting. Instead of only a list of signatures, we're trying to collect the sparse English!Miku information and the few existing works here.

Is it OK to have another "spoiler" with links to fan works related specifically to English!Miku, as opposed to "just Miku"? I found a story by Box, and there's my own lyric. (I would of course add other original English Miku verse too if I see it - as opposed to translations).

Also, do I need to keep a user list in the top post? Some do, some don't.

I could try making a userbar, but I'm not sure what it should be. I thought of a Miku "band cut" like the other FCs use and a small flag symbol on it, but what flag? UK? US? Both - but would that leave Australians in the cold? or just the word ENGLISH?

#12 User is offline   aquatius Icon

• Lilrow
  • Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

The first "demo" is actually a fanmade mock demo.
My Youtube
I own Gackpoid and Leon c:

#13 User is offline   Saruta Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

The one with Kaito? The description claims it's official - is there some "sure-fire" information that this is a lie?

#14 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

View PostSaruta, on 10 November 2011 - 06:22 AM, said:

The one with Kaito? The description claims it's official - is there some "sure-fire" information that this is a lie?

I believe that he is means "Ballet Mécanique". From what I remember it was actually on a Karen-T CD 4 or 5 months before the actual NYCC demonstration. However I am not 100% sure on that. it is mentioned on one of the english miku discussions here if you want to dig it up.

Also here is another from initializedee ( he does quiet a bit of english miku stuff ( mostly covers of 80's and 90's songs He has more but I figured you could look them up if you want to ))
Spoiler

♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#15 User is offline   Saruta Icon

• Icon

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

Added a link to initializedee's channel.
Added a warning that Ballet had disputed authenticity (I'm not fit to judge the dispute)
Added an early "Engrish" work from Japan - if anyone can read Japanese, I would appreciate if you go to http://www.nicovideo...watch/sm1386644 and get the producer's name. I have everything else attributed, so I'd like to attribute this one too.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users