VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: VOCALOID Hidden Phonetics - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VOCALOID Hidden Phonetics old: JPN Phonetics Sil

#76 User is offline   Yuka Kazami Icon

• Flower Master of the Four Seasons
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shigotoshite-P

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

^^I can confirm that nn of the French phonemes made it unto Gumi.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Chiyuri- "Do as I say, if you value your life."
Mima- "No. ♥"
Chiyuri- "......... (sweatdrop)"
Posted Image

#77 User is offline   Despair Icon

• You should give up
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Hatsune Miku

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

The D in SeeU's Korean phonetics makes an L sounds "like""law""loan"
Though it does give some troubles :\

Not sure if here's where I'd put this but I thought it was helpful to know ^^
Posted Image

#78 User is offline   Rainbow Neko Icon

• Icon

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

Quick question...
How do you use these, exactly? I don't get it.
Also, would the same work for the Kagamine secret (h/) as in, would I use it the same?

And I wish to ask the same q's as everyone else as well. Why the (bleep) are they not telling us this stuff!? ;A;
Posted Image
My bag of magical GIF images. Enjoy!
Spoiler

THESE SONGS KNOW ME. THAT'S SO SCARY.
Spoiler

#79 User is offline   Hightower Icon

• ラブリナ
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:MineK

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostYuka Kazami, on 18 February 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

^^I can confirm that nn of the French phonemes made it unto Gumi.

I thought so. I do think there should be a way around that to manage some French.

I've seen Miku Append soft sing French, and she was butchering the language quite a bit. I speak French fluently and while I surprised Miku could do that, I don't think she or most Japanese vocaloids can do very understandable French.

I had to get very creative when I made Big Al sing French (the /o/ in French with it being very short and strong gave me heck). It was not even perfect, but I could mostly understand what he was trying to sing. I had to play with his settings so he could sound clear. I think I even had to break out my beginning level French textbook so I could verify how to pronounce French phonemes.

I think I might get Sonika or Tonio so I can have better results in French. I also still have to test out Sweet Ann, but I have to give my fur children a bath.

#80 User is offline   BenHo Icon

• Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Deco*27, Yuyoyuppe

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostRainbow Neko, on 23 February 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Quick question...
Also, would the same work for the Kagamine secret (h/) as in, would I use it the same?

These are Phonemes, which means they need to be imput into the phoneme data for the note that you want them to effect. You can either right click the note and select note properties, or you can double click on the note and while the lyrics data is highlighted press alt + down to automatically switch to the phoneme data. then you just type in the phonemes that you need.

View Postmeaganelizabethhightower, on 24 February 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

I also still have to test out Sweet Ann, but I have to give my fur children a bath.

Is that a common term? I only ask because one of my IRL friends has said that before jokingly.

#81 User is offline   Hightower Icon

• ラブリナ
  • Icon

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

^ I believe it is a common term where I live. Where I live, my dad and I sometimes call our 7 cats "fur children." I've also heard my neighbors call their dogs fur children as well.

Anyways on topic, I started to test out Sweet Ann's level of French. She's alright, and I can understand her more than Big Al without having to edit the settings to death. Between Sweet Ann and Big Al, I think Sweet Ann has slightly more understandable French. But it's not exact French, it's more like Franglais.

#82 User is offline   Harutobi Icon

• (︶︹︺)
  • Icon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

View PostRainbow Neko, on 23 February 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Quick question...

And I wish to ask the same q's as everyone else as well. Why the (bleep) are they not telling us this stuff!? ;A;

It's just like adding lyrics. Well, right-click the note and put [Sil]/[Asp]/whatever in the phoneme bit. Or if you're using the V3 Editor, Ctrl+r, double-click the note, and type it in...

And idk. Maybe they thought we'd know them already? ^^

tumblr: kuriko-love   ||   youtube: sorastrife92     

#83 User is offline   a boy named emmy Icon

• The male equivalent to a Len fangirl!
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Clean Tears

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

These phonemes are especially helpful with Engloids. I'm glad we know about them now, but why did they not tell us before? :U
Posted Imagedeviantart
.Posted Imageyoutube
..Posted Imagefacebook
...Posted Imagetwitter
....Posted Imagesoundcloud
.....Posted Imagetumblr
......Posted Imagegoogle+

.......Posted Imagepiapro

........Posted Imagebandcamp

★自分の想像力の境界を越えて☆

#84 User is offline   BenHo Icon

• Icon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

I think an even better question would be "are there more that we don't know about"? I'm always happy to learn more about the Vocaloid engine.

#85 User is offline   Hightower Icon

• ラブリナ
  • Icon

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostBenHo, on 27 February 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

I think an even better question would be "are there more that we don't know about"? I'm always happy to learn more about the Vocaloid engine.

I couldn't phrase it any better.

I'm beginning to feel like I've been living under a rock with some the news about hidden phonetics. I'm hoping the Vocaloid 3 engine can help my Sweet Ann and Big Al sing understandable French and not drunken Franglais.

#86 User is offline   BenHo Icon

• Icon

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Do you have any examples of them singing Drunken Franglais on youtube? I would love to hear it.

#87 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:10daysP, cosMo, PutinP, hachi

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostBenHo, on 28 February 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Do you have any examples of them singing Drunken Franglais on youtube? I would love to hear it.

seconded

also I love the term "Franglais" XD
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

#88 User is offline   Hightower Icon

• ラブリナ
  • Icon

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

I haven't uploaded any drunken Franglais yet on YouTube (though it is funny). I'm still working on an almost 6 minute long original French song, and I'm also translating another one of my originals into French to make both Big Al and Sweet Ann's genderbend sing. That 6 minute song I'm still creating the background music to.

I have to admit [Sil] makes Franglais more possible and understandable. I still say Sweet Ann has better Franglais than Big Al.

#89 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:OSTER-P

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostZar, on 04 February 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

I just went and tested these with Lola out of curiousity. All the other ones are broken BUT you can use Asp with Lola and it works! Not Sil though, for some reason, or ? or *in or any of the others mentioned here so far. Just Asp. Man, it's been in Vocaloid since the very beginning!

Here's a bit of messing with it

I just quickly ran her through some random words. It mostly seems to stop her from blending the two phonemes. This could help her with pronunciation in places (upside and hungry sound a bit better) and could maybe also help with how she tends to drop words if consonants are too close/words are too fast, tho I haven't experimented with that just yet (could Lola speedtalk if Asp broke it up?). Anyway, here's the words she goes through:

bottle - [bh Q][t V l] vs [bh Q] [Asp t V l]
hungry - [h V N][g r i:] vs [h V N][Asp g r i:]
upside - [V p][s aI d] vs [V p][Asp s aI d]
die - [dh {][i:] vs [dh { Asp][i:]
okay - [@U][k eI] vs [@U][Asp k eI]
the square - the [s k w e@] vs the [s k w Asp e@] vs the [s k w e@ Asp] (whole end just gets chopped off, interesting)
don't - [dh @U n t] vs [dh @U n Asp t] vs [dh Asp @U n t] (there's another sound at the end here because if there was no phoneme after [dh Asp] Lola made this terrifying shrieky crackling noise D:)

Presumably Leon and Miriam can do the same, although someone else will have to check that. :o

Well I tried ASP on MIRIAM and it is actually a breathing phoneme for her. you can write it alone or in the middle of words and you will take a small gasp of air.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#90 User is offline   BenHo Icon

• Icon

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

I tried Asp on Oliver and ... got nothing. I don't think he has that phoneme.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users