VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: When Mini tries to make an original... - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Jump to content


Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When Mini tries to make an original... + Critics / Opinions / everything

#1 User is offline   Mini Icon

  • MASTER RACE
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 3,230
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

Listen on Soundcloud.com

I need critics cause the song is ready (I think?) and now only needs the vocals, I don't know how to make the vocals OTL and I don't have lyrics yet.
So yep yep. if you guys wanna help me, feel free to do it cause it's... well highly appreciating.
Ah yes I was thinking either Miriam or Miki (in case I get some japanese lyrics) for this?
But Miriam... that is.

Ahh
what do you guys think?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Valkyrja Icon

  • I am the Pumpkin Queen!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 1,998
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Windhelm
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling, Clean Tears <3

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

It sounds lovely! Do I hear an influence of kaoling in there?

I think Miriam's vocals might suit it more. Her voice is softer than Miki's. Plus you know, English xD
IA - LILY - LUKA
~Vocaloid Trinity~

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Sappokei Icon

  • 8-bit Pro(phylactic)
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 2,409
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I see what you did with the flute there. It's one of those things where the singer stops singing and the instrument takes over once more.

Anyway it sounds good. It doesn't interest me much because I'm not into that genre but that's simply because of opinion.

What is your theme?
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Mini Icon

  • MASTER RACE
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 3,230
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostNekoshey, on 08 February 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

It sounds lovely! Do I hear an influence of kaoling in there?

I think Miriam's vocals might suit it more. Her voice is softer than Miki's. Plus you know, English xD


darn you're good!
Yes she inspires my works, but there are another influences too :P
Yeah Miriam suits it.. And yeah english... XD I plan on using the new Zero-G and Kaito once they're out


View PostSappokei, on 08 February 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I see what you did with the flute there. It's one of those things where the singer stops singing and the instrument takes over once more.

Anyway it sounds good. It doesn't interest me much because I'm not into that genre but that's simply because of opinion.

What is your theme?


I dunno. :| Thats where I'm having problems, I don't know how to make lyrics neither I can sing LOLO
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   iwantcandy2 Icon

  • That one girl no one remembers...
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 134
  • Gender:Female

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

This sounds like it's meant for the Celtic-themed Vocaloid that's coming out. For now, I would also second Miriam. The song sounds sort of sad, like maybe a lament for someone who's gone away, or the background music playing during a rainy scene. That's the impression I get.
Ya'll can read my ebook for free if you use the coupon code YP65T. Go ahead, make my day.
https://www.smashwor...oks/view/108201

My latest original song, featuring Galaco.

#6 User is offline   Bejoba Icon

  • Aspiring Producer of MMonday
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 365
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

wow, absolutely beautiful! it reminds me a lot like a melody i heard in King's Quest 6.

#7 User is offline   GreenKata Icon

  • Chasing the never ending note~
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9,868
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In The Ring

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

Well you already know that I think this is quite magnificent.
It's the type of file I would listen to while playing Skyrim,
Simply love it, Mini.
<3
Posted Image
[/center]

#8 User is offline   Matangi Icon

  • ミ☆
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 1,302
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:my room
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling, 40mP, OSTER-project

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

Sounds really good! This song might be better with a Japanese Vocaloid, like VY1. Or if you own her, SeeU
Posted Image
signature and avatar credits - Genosan on utaforums
Spoiler

#9 User is offline   Mini Icon

  • MASTER RACE
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 3,230
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

View Postiwantcandy2, on 09 February 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

This sounds like it's meant for the Celtic-themed Vocaloid that's coming out. For now, I would also second Miriam. The song sounds sort of sad, like maybe a lament for someone who's gone away, or the background music playing during a rainy scene. That's the impression I get.


Yeah! I was hoping to get her, but I'm already working on another original for her, since she will take some time.

View PostXyrmorel, on 09 February 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

wow, absolutely beautiful! it reminds me a lot like a melody i heard in King's Quest 6.


Thanks! *-*


View PostGreenKata, on 09 February 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

Well you already know that I think this is quite magnificent.
It's the type of file I would listen to while playing Skyrim,
Simply love it, Mini.
<3


Ooooh thank yoou! *-*
I will make sure to send it once I'm finished XD


View PostImmortalNyanCat, on 09 February 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

Sounds really good! This song might be better with a Japanese Vocaloid, like VY1. Or if you own her, SeeU


I dont have SeeU but I know some people who has it. Though if I were to use a JPNloid it would probably be one of the AHS, Miki or Yuki hah
Thank you!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Wiguan Icon

  • Yui-con
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 225
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

That sound just nice.

Look forward to listen to the lyrical song later. ^_^
Best regards
[twitter]PangeranWiguan[/twitter]

#11 User is offline   revocaloid Icon

  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Postiwantcandy2, on 09 February 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

This sounds like it's meant for the Celtic-themed Vocaloid that's coming out.


Thats just what I was thinking.
Sounds like a lovely intrumental. Interested to know what lyrics you come up with.

#12 User is offline   Sappokei Icon

  • 8-bit Pro(phylactic)
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 2,409
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:England

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:17 PM

I was actually going to suggest a mature voice. I thought Yukari (but you don't have her yet). Yuki would work, but definitely not Miki. Iroha could work also.

Folky song, Iroha, just reminds me of Tobira no Mukou, don't you think so too? God I love that song (the little edits on the song from THE VOCALOID from YAMAHA is the version I listen to now, , because it's that much more awesome)
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Alexander The Great Icon

  • Macedonian Warmaster
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 1,328
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:U.S West Coast
  • Favorite Producer/s:Mentairocker, Ginsuke, Jin

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostSappokei, on 09 February 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

I was actually going to suggest a mature voice. I thought Yukari (but you don't have her yet). Yuki would work, but definitely not Miki. Iroha could work also.

Folky song, Iroha, just reminds me of Tobira no Mukou, don't you think so too? God I love that song (the little edits on the song from THE VOCALOID from YAMAHA is the version I listen to now, , because it's that much more awesome)

Mini! You must buy Yuzuki Yukari someday. It's on her to buy list.

She told me, wanted to buy kaito first.

Do hope to hear the final version of the song

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Mini Icon

  • MASTER RACE
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 3,230
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

View PostWiguan, on 09 February 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

That sound just nice.

Look forward to listen to the lyrical song later. ^_^


thanks! I'll post it here once we finish!


View Postrevocaloid, on 09 February 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Thats just what I was thinking.
Sounds like a lovely intrumental. Interested to know what lyrics you come up with.



Thanks a lot!

View PostSappokei, on 09 February 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

I was actually going to suggest a mature voice. I thought Yukari (but you don't have her yet). Yuki would work, but definitely not Miki. Iroha could work also.

Folky song, Iroha, just reminds me of Tobira no Mukou, don't you think so too? God I love that song (the little edits on the song from THE VOCALOID from YAMAHA is the version I listen to now, , because it's that much more awesome)


Oh yes Iroha and Yuki would be great, I was actually thinking that including Yuki for the harmonies would be great o3o. I also love that song a lot, too bad that the vocaloid version is so badly mixed D:

View PostAlesiaHoplite, on 09 February 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Mini! You must buy Yuzuki Yukari someday. It's on her to buy list.

She told me, wanted to buy kaito first.

Do hope to hear the final version of the song


Oh yes I was actually waiting for Kaito, but he seems to be taking really long and the celticloid well... There's not even a demo yet so I will just get her next month >_>
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   MonoCha Icon

  • *something really unsuitable*
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 238
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Turkey
  • Favorite Producer/s:samfree, wowaka, kemu

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

You can use Miki maybe. But yeah Yukari is so suitable for this one, because she handles higher notes well I think ^^ Yeah Kaito will take long as it seems >.<
Yet, song is really good o.o I can't wait for listening the full version.

Posted Image

Spoiler
Posted Image

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users