VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Megpoid Native - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Megpoid Native Just because we don't have enough Megpoid voicebanks

#1 User is offline   Matangi Icon

• ミ☆
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling, 40mP, OSTER-project

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

Posted Image

Megpoid Native will be an updated version of the Vocaloid 2 version of Megpoid, having some improvements and fixing some problems. She will be released on March 3rd, 2012. Anyone who pre-orders her will receive a technique guide. Just like Vocaloid 3 Megpoid, she will not require the original Megpoid. She will run on the Vocaloid 3 engine. As stated in one of the demo videos:

"Readjustment of the speech database technology and the adoption of triphone VOCALOID3, due to modification of the portions of consonants, singing voice synthesis to achieve a sense of transparency and high-quality sound relaxed further."

Demo songs:

BE MYSELF

Blue Butterfly

Fragments Of Star

Sounds cool enough, maybe I'll ask for her for my birthday... There should be a bundle with her and the V3 editor (there probably will be, idk). She sounds A LOT better then her V2.
Posted Image
signature and avatar credits - Genosan on utaforums
Spoiler

#2 User is offline   Marshmellowguy Icon

• Homestuck Homestuck Homestuck<3
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Empath-P, Circus-P

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

Now I won't have to get an Extend just to get better Realistic V3 Vocals for Gumi. Saves me a lot. This should be very helpful to those who Don't want the extend but Want an improved Gumi. o3o

#3 User is offline   Alexander-After Icon

• V4 Queen
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:gigaP, seleP, Jin

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

It makes me so glad they used the original art for her new V3 box. (Since her old one's getting retired)

I really love the updated look of her newer box. It seems to look a little more shiny in the background of the boxart or something.

Posted Image

#4 User is online   Alphonse Icon

• AL-fawnce / [{ l] [f Q n s]
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:MikitoP, Tohma, KusoinakaP

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

Yay! They kept her old boxart. I'm thinking that it would've been nice to redraw it, but this is good, too. And I love that demo, Fragments of Star. (I hope it gets an instrumental released, since I really wanna hear a cover of it. It reminds me of Inuyasha.) Plus, this voicebank, Power, and Whisper would go really well together. [waits for people to actually mix extends/appends]

On the downside, man... so it's really Megpoid Native? [sigh] Such a weird name.

#5 Vocaloidol*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

To be honest I'm kind of super annoyed she didn't get a new design, Mizki got a new design when she was upgraded. That was all I was looking forward to to be honest, I already know what her voice sounds like, it just sounds clearer now. I hope they give Lily, Gakupo, and Ryuto appends so they can have new designs as well. =/

#6 User is offline   Alexander-After Icon

• V4 Queen
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:gigaP, seleP, Jin

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Her older design and boxart are getting retired though so it's understandable. Individuals may still want to purchase her for that boxart and not a newer one. I mean, I still love and prefer GUMI's old boxart over her new one so I'm glad. (Especially since the artist's art style has changed very much so since then.)

Posted Image

#7 User is online   Pomelo Icon

• sekai de ichiban trash-sama ☆
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:wintermute & whoo

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

Well, I personally would have preferred a redesign for her native VB too, but consider that the artist already drew redesigns for her other V3 voicebanks. So we get the best of both worlds really. Those who like the old art have Native, those who wanted an update/redesign have Adult/Whisper/Sweet/...Power? idr that 4th one.

It's also really impressive how much they've improved drawing wise.

#8 User is offline   ninjamitsuki Icon

• Rabid Vash Fangirl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Seiko-p

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostVocaloidol, on 10 February 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

To be honest I'm kind of super annoyed she didn't get a new design, Mizki got a new design when she was upgraded. That was all I was looking forward to to be honest, I already know what her voice sounds like, it just sounds clearer now. I hope they give Lily, Gakupo, and Ryuto appends so they can have new designs as well. =/

Lily and Gakupo are confirmed for getting appends. They're working on Lily as we speak.

But I don't know how a Ryuto append would even work...

I am super excited for Gackpoid extend because Gackt has an amazing vocal range and variety of voices, he could pull of appends wonderfully.

#9 Vocaloidol*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

View Postninjamitsuki, on 11 February 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Lily and Gakupo are confirmed for getting appends. They're working on Lily as we speak.

I am super excited for Gackpoid extend because Gackt has an amazing vocal range and variety of voices, he could pull of appends wonderfully.

Oh, I thought they were just getting upgraded... Ryuto can probably get a Mature or Power append or something, a whisper would be awesome, it would sound super soothing. *-*

#10 User is online   Stormbringer Icon

• Icon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

kids think old art is like sooooo three months ago. :P
oh never mind
For i thought Haiku a haku
bugger it all; Sake!

#11 User is offline   aamucoffee Icon

• ex Iltahopea
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:nekobolo

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

I'm happy that they didn't change GUMI's design, but I wished they re-drew it :|

#12 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shu-tP

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

I don't know, I like Gumi and oddly when they updated the voicebank they have cleaned up it.. But removed the quarkiness I liked about V2 megpoid. I'm beginning to wonder if CFM will retract their updates mentioning that they did a while ago, because surely the pressure is on them to update Miku? Gumi is gaining ground all the time and she is doing it without the aid of that mass set of promotions CFM are doing with Miku right now.

Its like we're seeing two different approaches to selling vocals from the studios, I kinda prefer Internet's approach though because Gumi has gone stale like Miku has to me from the mass "in your face all the time" approach. :-/
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#13 User is offline   Sappokei Icon

• 8-bit Pro(phylactic)
  • Icon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Actually apparently the colouring was done by another artist to the credited artist (who did the lineart). I saw it on an article on ANN but I can't remember. Because I remember researching some work by the lineart artist and they did have some pretty greatly coloured drawings.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Harutobi Icon

• (︶︹︺)
  • Icon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

<3 Going to buy this instead of her Extends, as I just adore her normal voice. x3
tumblr: kuriiyo   ||   youtube: sorastrife92

#15 User is online   Virtual > Real Icon

• Icon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

View Postninjamitsuki, on 11 February 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

I think they were just making Lily and Gackpoid V3 versions. I don't think there are any extend/append type voice banks confirmed for either of them yet.

Kind of like a Lily and Gackpoid equivalent of Gumi's native, I guess.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users