VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: SeeU: English Voicebank - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SeeU: English Voicebank

#106 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shu-tP

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

View PostPrince Syo, on 16 February 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

First of all. You have no idea what those terms mean seeing as you can't properly use them.
PHONETICS: The representation of sounds through written symbols
DIAPHONE(ME): A sound in a language that varies by dialect. For example the different pronunciations of the word "eye" in American, English, Australian, Irish and Scottish pronunciations.

Example: [_ e][e g][g z][z e][e @][@ m][m p][p @][@ l][l _]
That's how a Vocaloid 2 voicebank would put the sounds together. (If you alter it to an American accent, which would use /e@/ instead of /{/)
In Vocaloid 3 it would be [_ e][e g][gz e][e@ m][mp @][@l _] It would require less files to be put together but require much more recording due to the vast amounts of consonant clusters in English.

If you ask what way SeeU's korean voicebank would create English, it would be more similar to the first due to the fact that Korean contains almost no consonant clusters in comparison to English, the largest cluster possible in Korean being two consonants put together (an ending consonant and an initial consonant coming after it) while in English a single syllable can have a shit ton of consonants at the beginning of it.

In SeeU's voicebank, the word example would be best written out as:
[e][g z e 7 mp][p 7]
which would be put together by the sounds:
[_ e][e g][gz e][e 7][7 mp][mpp 7][7 _]
Note that SeeU's voicebank uses atleast two-part consonant clusters due to the syllable syntax of Korean while the Vocaloid 2 method of puting English consonants treats each phoneme transition individually, thus making the output less clear in the latter.

TLDRx2: Bro you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not going to argue mostly because it will derail the track, plus I have my mind on other things, if it makes you happy "you win" I can't be bothered to argue since its a waste of time. I'm quoting things I learnt years ago and I'm not as sound on nor do I wish to really get back into it. Plus arguing on the internet is generally a waste of time and this is still small talk. This will this effect SeeU's voicebank? No. Give me a topic dedicated to this, I'll debate with you on this matter. Quoting stuff I learnt several years ago only gives me a headache and I admit I make mistakes, what I don't know this stuff off by heart anymore. And you will always win in terms of X-AMPA conversion because the Vocaloid system is not something I handle well (hence why my Voclaoids never have perfect English anyway, then again I don't use mine to sound natural anyway).

This also does not change the fact I can't argue back on SeeU because I don't know Korean phonetics nor do I have a interest to learn about that ppart of Vocaloid. I knwo their two different languages they don't work the same and that SeeU wil have a Korean accent evem f a full English voicebank. What I am curious about and impatient on, is to learn what affect it will have on english because this is a new thing to discuss nd another example for us to use to describe oneEnglish capable Vocaloid against another for comparisons.

Virtual > Real has said anything elser I want to say on Korean English.... Its never going to sound as good as a native speaker but that doesn't mean we won't learn anything new from it.
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#107 User is offline   Harutobi Icon

• (︶︹︺)
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostBenimation, on 15 February 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

I already thought her English was awesome in this:

So it can only get better! :D
(way better than English Luka..)

Well... SeeU KOR and Luka ENG are... about the same in that song. They both have their flaws, but at least it's better than any JAP voicebank. xD
tumblr: kuriiyo   ||   youtube: sorastrife92

#108 User is offline   Sebastian Icon

• welcoem to the department of redunacy department
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Kaoling

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostKiyoteru-sensei, on 14 February 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

which one is yours?

seeufighting.tumblr.com

i have it as an offshoot form my normal blog

♈♉♊♋♌♎♏♐♑♒♓
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#109 User is offline   iwantcandy2 Icon

• That one girl no one remembers...
  • Icon

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

This is so exciting! I was seriously considering buying SeeU as my first Vocaloid, but I heard that she was't beginner friendly, and I felt like I wouldn't be able to make her sing the songs I wanted properly. However, I am totally buying her English voicebank when it comes out. She has an absolutely beautiful voice when it's tuned correctly. Congrats, SeeU, on being the first trilingual Vocaloid!
Ya'll can read my ebook for free if you use the coupon code YP65T. Go ahead, make my day.
https://www.smashwor...oks/view/108201

My latest original song, featuring Galaco.

#110 User is online   Stormbringer Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

View Postiwantcandy2, on 17 February 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

This is so exciting! I was seriously considering buying SeeU as my first Vocaloid, but I heard that she was't beginner friendly, and I felt like I wouldn't be able to make her sing the songs I wanted properly. However, I am totally buying her English voicebank when it comes out. She has an absolutely beautiful voice when it's tuned correctly. Congrats, SeeU, on being the first trilingual Vocaloid!
it's really far more than three. once you have the phonemes for that many languages you basically get a multiplier effect where the deliberate language coverage is joined by "accidental" coverage of others.
oh never mind
For i thought Haiku a haku
bugger it all; Sake!

#111 User is offline   ajet_c6h4cl2 Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

An English voicebank for SeeU?
...that fast?

#112 User is online   Stormbringer Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

fast? its late already. she was originally supposed to come with a full english vb. :)
oh never mind
bugger it all; Sake!

#113 User is offline   ocesse Icon

• :T
  • Icon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hm... this poses a problem, would people who already own SeeU have to buy another VB or would it be like the Kagamine's ACT2 where it was given for free?
Thank you for reading this and not just skipping it over!

This sign now loves you! ♥

#114 User is online   Cluemily Icon

• フリル❤
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:mayuko

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Well as it's a new voice bank, and not an upgrade to a current one in the case of any of the existing banks being of a horrible quality, I'd assume you'd have to go and buy the new one. Maybe they might supply a discount if you have proof you have already bought SeeU.

Time will tell.

tumblr: cluemily // clueducer || youtube: icelilac1

Listen on Soundcloud.com

#115 User is offline   ocesse Icon

• :T
  • Icon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

:c siiigh celtloid/bruno or SeeU En... WHY SBS WHY?
Thank you for reading this and not just skipping it over!

This sign now loves you! ♥

#116 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:10daysP, cosMo, PutinP, hachi

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Waaaaant. Although it means I won't be able to get her in time for my birthday....siiiggh.

Maybe this means that they'll improve their english outlets? I don't enjoy having to waft through ebay hoping to dear god that somethingmiracle is the official distributor (a conclusion I've come through several times through several sources, but that took some ingenuity on my part >: |), and for some reason it has to be ordered through a bid instead of buy it now, and for some reason both the starter pack and the standalone voicebank have recently dropped off of the face of the somethingmiracle earth, and okay here is a big long sigh from me

SIGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is probably a big ol' hint that I should just suck it up and buy Sweet Ann, but be careful! Approach the subject and I might actually come up with legitimate excuses as to why I can't buy a vocaloid that actually speaks english!

Or maybe I can just wait since I don't have the money, anyways XP
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

#117 User is offline   Benimation Icon

• Benimation
  • Icon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostStormbringer, on 17 February 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

it's really far more than three. once you have the phonemes for that many languages you basically get a multiplier effect where the deliberate language coverage is joined by "accidental" coverage of others.

I just realized SeeU would get great Dutch capabilities!
On the consonant side: English consonants + Japanese w
On the vowel side: English vowels + Japanese a, i and u + Korean eu
Still no (important) rolling r unfortunately.. And don't forget mixing voicebanks togheter isn't easy..

#118 User is offline   AyuRox Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

^ That'd be true if all three languages were in one VB. but if they're separate then there is no overlap and therefore she'd be limited to the 3 languages she's made for. If there was just one giant VB with all the phonemes for all 3 languages, then she would unintentionally have capabilities for other languages, but because all three languages are separate, the phonemes from one language cannot be combined with another. Its just like how JP Luka can't do English and EN Luka can't do Japanese because there's 2 separate VBs.

That is, unless you, like you said, somehow manually combined them, which would be a b**** to do and likely not yield great results.
My YouTube
My SoundCloud
My WIP Thread

Posted Image
Set by PinkShinigami @ Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

#119 User is online   Stormbringer Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

View PostAyuRox, on 19 February 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

^ That'd be true if all three languages were in one VB. but if they're separate then there is no overlap and therefore she'd be limited to the 3 languages she's made for. If there was just one giant VB with all the phonemes for all 3 languages, then she would unintentionally have capabilities for other languages, but because all three languages are separate, the phonemes from one language cannot be combined with another. Its just like how JP Luka can't do English and EN Luka can't do Japanese because there's 2 separate VBs.

That is, unless you, like you said, somehow manually combined them, which would be a b**** to do and likely not yield great results.
oh it would be a byotch to be sure but i think it is doable. people already do that with Luka Japanese and Luka english.
oh never mind
bugger it all; Sake!

#120 User is offline   edlan97 Icon

• desu desu desu
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:livetune

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

Oh! This made me so excited! SeeU is my absolute favorite VOCALOID and the fact she's getting an English bank is wonderful.
i love you. c:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users