VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: PRESENT AND REPORTING FOR DUTY - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PRESENT AND REPORTING FOR DUTY Hello, how's it going?

#1 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:10daysP, cosMo, PutinP, hachi

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hello! I'm calling myself Kit Wistful at the moment, but Kit or Kathryn will do fine! : D I'm a unilingual hopeful producer/amateur cartoonist/generally ridiculous person who has remained fixated on vocaloid for almost a year now! Entering a community is a little scary for me, but I need to give my poor friends a break from my vocalorants! (I've done forums before, but social stuff can get me feeling pretty anxious ;;orz)

I'd say my most favouritest vocaloid of all time would easily be Luka, but guys, I love tehms alls. Historically Meiko, SeeU, Gumi, and Yukari have been found capable of lighting a fire in my heart <3<3<3 (Also I tend to focus on the girls, but I ain't got nothing against the dudes! : O : O). I don't ship regularly, but I love seeing vocaloids paired up. I get really excited whenever I see a much-needed Luka x Gumi video <3<3<3 ;o;

The thing I love most about vocaloid is the ability it has as a medium to tell a story. Music has the power to express some powerful, complicated emotion. Having clear-cut identifiable "characters" can create threads to weave together a big, complicated story (Such as mothy's big ol'd story). PVs are a pretty big factor too, I find that songs can become INSEPARABLY DEPENDENT upon their related videos in this weird little culture we have where an album isn't so accessible to non-japanese speaking fans. I think this dependence can lead to some interesting storytelling possibilities.

Outside of vocaloid, I tend to listen to western bands like Radiohead, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Gorillaz. One of the things I like about Vocaloid is that it allows me to explore different genres like pop and electronic : D. My favourite producers are monaca:factory, otetsu, wowaka, Hachi, cosMo, and OSSSTEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR (quoth niconico).

In the future, I'd like to take a crack at making my own english original songs/PVs/remixes. Right now seems like the worst time to buy a vocaloid x__x! Every time I feel like I've settled on something that meets my requirements (1. The vocaloid gets me excited! 2. I can import the vocaloid into V3/order the vocaloid with V3 with little hassle and not excessive amounts of cash 3. I could prooobably hack together some engrish with it) I find some announcement about an upcoming append/voicebank that means I can't risk buying an obsolete/inferior product a year before something comes up to replace it! It's pretty frustrating but I don't quite have the money yet, so maybe I shouldn't be complaining?...yet? XD

I also might post some drawings/comics/whatever but I'm pretty busy with schoolwork, and pretty bad at finishing the projects I set out to do ;;orz It's something I'm working on ironing out! I have faith in myself! )OvO)9

By the way, if you're interested in webcomics, I'm a good person to talk to. I read Homestuck, Dr. McNinja, Gunnerkrigg court, Namesake, and a whole crap-pile of others but I'd rather not make this already longish post longer.

Anyways, thank you for your time, and I look forward to meeting you all! : D (hahaha, I hope my rambling ain't a problem. hahaha. ha.)
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

#2 User is offline   Mokou Icon

• trash child
  • Icon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostKit Wistful, on 17 February 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

TOO MANY WORDS THAT I LIKE TO QUOTE PROPERLY

I like you,let's be friends~ Just call me UU. Welcome to VO,Kit.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PosturaniumUmbra, on 17 February 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

I like you,let's be friends~ Just call me UU. Welcome to VO,Kit.

Oh jeez, what an honour U_U

: DDDDDD
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

#4 User is offline   Luka Icon

• TsunderAI
  • Icon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PosturaniumUmbra, on 17 February 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

TOO MANY WORDS THAT I LIKE TO QUOTE PROPERLY

I read that and scrolled up and tried to quote parts that I liked. But you were right. Too many. BUT! I did find a part that I liked most~

View PostKit Wistful, on 17 February 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

OSSSTEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR

Best part of any introduction ever. I love your introduction and everything inside of it. And you should be proud of yourself for writing it. ♥

Welcome to VO. I hope you have a wonderful and long lasting stay here. ♥

#5 User is offline   baggagelizard Icon

• I like english!
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:treow

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

Always good to hear more people want to produce originals! If you ever want, I can render vocals for a song. I have Oliver an Big AL. They're both english vocaloids so one does not have the problem of engrish (it's more like engudishu, but still). I look forward to any songs that you write in the future!
[Oliver] Tell Me

baggagelizard's original songs:

UTAU
youtube playlist

VOCALOID
Youtube Playlist

MY MMD live videos

Youtube Playlist

#6 User is offline   ~Baal-chan Elly~ Icon

• Weak Willed Succubus
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:eesdesdeserrr

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'm always jealous at other users who has long intros. Argh!

Welcome to VO. I sure hope that we both can get along.
Id'e like to hear more from you.
Posted Image

~With love by Baalchan.

#7 User is offline   Matangi Icon

• ミ☆
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling, 40mP, OSTER-project

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

YAYZ AN OSTER FAN!

Welcome to VO. Pwease be my fwend :3

you better not be a crazy yaoi fangirl. they ruin everything
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostCirqueT, on 17 February 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

I read that and scrolled up and tried to quote parts that I liked. But you were right. Too many. BUT! I did find a part that I liked most~

Best part of any introduction ever. I love your introduction and everything inside of it. And you should be proud of yourself for writing it. ♥

Welcome to VO. I hope you have a wonderful and long lasting stay here. ♥

Ahhh~ That means a lot to me. Thank you ;w; <3

View Postbaggagelizard, on 17 February 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Always good to hear more people want to produce originals! If you ever want, I can render vocals for a song. I have Oliver an Big AL. They're both english vocaloids so one does not have the problem of engrish (it's more like engudishu, but still). I look forward to any songs that you write in the future!

Ah! That sounds super cool! At the moment all I have is a negligible pile of terrible freeverse (involving supernatural bullcrap/princesses/satirical skits) and some little messes I've made in famitracker (and zero music education past a couple of piano lessons whoops orz), but if I have anything promising (and more importantly, finished) I'll be sure to give you a call! TEAMWORK )*V*)9 Also if I ever get the vocaloid-art-pvs thing going and what I make appeals to you, I am totally willing to provide! You! With pictures! Yesssssss :D. By the way, I'm going through your YT list right now and I'm really enjoying Friend! Very chill Posted Image, and I liked the way you did Big Al's voice, it doesn't feel like the sort of song his voice would usually get (usually a pop cover song, lol) but it really works <3<3. I thought I was listening to Ice sculptures but YT did that thing it's been doing lately where it inexplicably switches one video for another >:\ Later I'm gonna have to listen with lyrics, that should be good ;;orz

View PostTestarossa Italia, on 17 February 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

I'm always jealous at other users who has long intros. Argh!

Welcome to VO. I sure hope that we both can get along.
Id'e like to hear more from you.

Italia, let us write the longest posts, together. Our threads will be tremendous intimidating towers full of half-coherent (my half) blathering (also my half) tributes to this community! Are you looking forward to it? I know I am!

View PostImmortalNyanCat, on 18 February 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

YAYZ AN OSTER FAN!

Welcome to VO. Pwease be my fwend :3

you better not be a crazy yaoi fangirl. they ruin everything

Yeesss! I've been a fan since I found her Gossip Cats album, and then I found out that she did things like video game music and jazz and oh jeez I still haven't tackled everything! She also did that Alice in Musicland thing which, I dunno, I think that's pretty monumentous doing an Alice in Wonderland tribute that doesn't involve copious amounts of murder >:\

Be careful. We don't want to incite their wrath DDDD:

Anyways, thank you all SO MUCH. The future, it is lookin' to be pretty great. ;o;

#9 User is offline   ~Baal-chan Elly~ Icon

• Weak Willed Succubus
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:eesdesdeserrr

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

^Ohhh, yes...
Posted Image

~With love by Baalchan.

#10 User is offline   Valerius Icon

• Toph and Lin fangirl <3
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:MuryokuP, AVTechno, EZFG

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

Welcome to VO. I hope you'll be able to get a Vocaloid in the near future (: Oh, and let me know anytime you see good Luka x Gumi songs ^-^
photography - blog - youtube

Posted Image
Avatar and signature from: x too lazy to make graphics these days orz

#11 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

View PostValerius, on 21 February 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Welcome to VO. I hope you'll be able to get a Vocaloid in the near future (: Oh, and let me know anytime you see good Luka x Gumi songs ^-^

Ah! I'm glad <3! And oh jeez, I have so many sms....Okay well like 5. I can vouch for them, though! : D

Anyways here is the collection~~~<3<3 (sans Happy Synthesizer, remixes excepted) (and this will be a mixture of YT and niconico. I don't have subs for 90% of them, and I can't even be sure about the producers or if they are covers or not yaaaaay)

Spoiler

And that's about the entire hoard! I have a few more in reserve (I went on a nico raid today!) but I'm still pulling them through a rigorous run of listening to them more than once before getting excited. I hoped I helped you find something new! This pairing makes me really happy for reasons that are beyond me <3 <3

Spoiler

EDIT: oh hey look I upgraded to a Miku

I'm so proud of myself ;o;

#12 User is offline   Luka_Luka_クリストファ Icon

• 何も出来ない
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Otetsu

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

I'd say my most favouritest vocaloid of all time would easily be Luka

I approve. You may live. (I'm not really that threatening)

The thing I love most about vocaloid is the ability it has as a medium to tell a story.

My thoughts exactly! Music's no fun when it's just "wub", "baby", and "tonight" played over and over again. Going off on a tangent...

Hope you like it here in VO! There's nothing to not like, so you'll be set!
Posted Image

Posted Image

バッと押しのけ飛び込んだ、瞬間トラックにぶち当たる. 血飛沫の色、君の瞳と軋む体に乱反射して.

#13 User is offline   Valerius Icon

• Toph and Lin fangirl <3
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:MuryokuP, AVTechno, EZFG

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

I really like Speed, thanks for sharing that ^-^ Oh, and Lion is a song in Macross Frontier that is originally sung by May'n and Megumi Nakajima. I love that song <3
photography - blog - youtube

Posted Image
Avatar and signature from: x too lazy to make graphics these days orz

#14 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostLuka_Luka_クリストファ, on 21 February 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

I approve. You may live. (I'm not really that threatening)

My thoughts exactly! Music's no fun when it's just "wub", "baby", and "tonight" played over and over again. Going off on a tangent...

Hope you like it here in VO! There's nothing to not like, so you'll be set!

<3<3<3 I am thankful for this life, especially since it allows me to listen to more Luka! :'D And everyone here is really awesome! Such a great little community :'D

View PostValerius, on 22 February 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

I really like Speed, thanks for sharing that ^-^ Oh, and Lion is a song in Macross Frontier that is originally sung by May'n and Megumi Nakajima. I love that song <3

Yesss~~~otetsu is pretty consistently great. Also it feels like there's something going on in that video that I should know about...possibly even...romance? But all of the thoughts I have on the story (if there is one?) seem to be based on the PV pictures, so I'm pretty sure I'm missing...something.

I've heard Macross Frontier, mostly along the lines of "Gumi looks like that one character in Macross Frontier and they're voiced by the same actor HMMM" and "Gumi, Gakupo, and Luka all look like characters from Macross Frontier LOVE TRIANGLE TIME!". One day I figure I'd better look into it. It must be good for people to want to make that connection, but I don't really know much about it outside of that XD

Anyways, yesssss for exchanges of knowledges and happiness!

hiiiiigh fiveeee )*o*)/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users