VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Why Hello There. - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Hello There.

#1 User is offline   Taifuun Icon

• A Lovely Oracle
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:44 AM

So I read the guide for making an introduction, so let me try to make a satisfactory one...

You can call me Taifuun. I decided to call myself that after my Youtube account name, Taifune81, (which I sort of came up with randomly-only recently did I see that it reminds me of the way the Japanese pronounce "typhoon" ("taifuun"), so I thought why not? I'm a budding translator when it comes to Japanese, so I consider that my translator name (I mainly upload videos on Youtube to add subs to them-but most of the time I'm just adding subs from somewhere and not coming up with them on my own -___-""" I need to change that habit).

I got introduced to Vocaloid through a friend. She had said something about Vocaloid to me (or maybe she was talking to herself-I'm not sure) and I, ever the shut-in, asked what that was. Later, I received a short, somewhat biased, summary of some of the main vocaloids (Len, Rin, Miku, Luka)and the link to nicosound. And eventually I youtubed a video of them. I believe the first vocaloid video I have ever seen was "Kokoro Kiseki" (the Len version). This is somewhat random, but that video made me sad. Very sad. So sad that I only felt better once I saw the Rin version about a week (to a month) later and the ending was a bit more happy (because the ending had said "She had died with a smile." or something like that). To this day, the Kagamine twins and Gumi are my favorite vocaloids. I don't really pay attention to the producers, to be honest, but I love Wowaka. I also don't really pay attention to the illustrators, but ever since I got a Tumblr and started posting Vocaloid art from piapro (I <3 PIAPRO!!), I've paid attention A LITTLE. I like Chizu's art. I wish I could do that kind of art. I have a lot of story ideas inside of me that were originally supposed to be mangas, but I had to switch to writing because I don't have the skills for art even though I draw. I have a Deviant Art account, too. If you want to see it, it's here. I deleted all my photography to start afresh with sketching, so that's why there's only three pieces on there.

I'm not sure how I found VO. Probably through Youtube comments or googling something random, I bet.

I LOVE THIS SPORCLE VOCALOID GAME. PLAY IT.

My goal over the summer is to make three UTAU, or at the very least fanmade Vocaloids, siblings. It will take a lot of work, which is why I'm putting it off for the summer. If I succeeded and was able to come up with my own song, I'd like to have a producer name of Ida-G, though. But for that I would need to know enough Japanese. T__T This is going to take a while...

If there's something I hate, it's when people a. overexaggerate and make them seem worse than they are (I know this might seem hypocritical if you think my art is actually good, but it's hard to draw every panel well, and I'm only good with up close face stuff sometimes) b. say "whatever" c. are girls that always say they're gamer girls (I'm one too, but I like to talk about the game, not me because I play it. It just bothers me...) d. say "like" all the time (it's ridiculous!) and/or e. all of the above (usually when I come up with lists, I leave out something important, so this isn't set in stone or anything).

I think that's it for now.

^^

#2 User is offline   SuperTart Icon

• Fruity Surprise!
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Puffihn and Azuralunar

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Nice to meet you! You sound like a fairly decent person, I hope that you will enjoy it here and meet some amazing bros that you can just chill and be dorky with!

Posted Image
Posted Image
This foolish and fun encounter
Talking nonsense conversation
Having a comfort meet up share laugh and cry
So I’m singing this endless song
Dream as if you will live forever
And live as if you’ll die today
One Ok Rock
C.H.A.O.S.M.Y.T.H.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Taifuun Icon

• A Lovely Oracle
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

View PostSuperTart, on 19 February 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Nice to meet you! You sound like a fairly decent person, I hope that you will enjoy it here and meet some amazing bros that you can just chill and be dorky with!

Thank you for responding so fast! ^____^ I hope to meet more welcoming people like you!

#4 User is offline   SnakeDarling Icon

• Damn Hippies...
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

Welcome to VO!
Enjoy your stay!

#5 User is offline   Taifuun Icon

• A Lovely Oracle
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

View PostSnakeDarling, on 19 February 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Welcome to VO!
Enjoy your stay!

Thank you! ^__________________^

#6 User is offline   Sandstorm77 Icon

• Repentance through crotch violence
  • Icon
  • Location:Give me a map and compas and i'll try to figure ir out
  • Favorite Producer/s:Hitoshizuku-p, Neru, WON★OPO!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

Welcome to VO hope you have fun and enjoy your stay

Don't worry your not alone, as a man i shed manly tears watching kokoro kiseki TT^TT
Oh and yay another kagamine fan, here's a cookie *gives cookie* (man there's plenty of kagamine fans lately)

I had 4 minutes left on the game, and it wouldn't accept tone rion. It turned out to be tone rone....That was really a failiure.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

The right way to make people repent
Spoiler

#7 User is offline   Maka Lupi Icon

• Boom
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:40mp, DECO*27, Livetune, KEI

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

Oh nice intro!

AND THAT GAME! OMG IT'S SO FUN! I got 34/35 Vocaloids right... I knew the last one was Tone Rion, but the game said her name was "Tone Rone"... so much fail... at least I know that I know all the vocaloids. Plus, that game is missing the Chinese Vocaloid and Ueki-loid.

But enough about that game! You sound like a great person for VO! Please stay... :unsure: new people usually become inactive after a month...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Tsuno Icon

• ツノ
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Kikuo, 40mp, Machigerita

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi! Welcome to VO! You sound like a pretty cool person.
Kokoro Kiseki has made tonnnsss of people sad, very sad, so you're not alone there, haha. Also, I would play that game, but considering it's two am for me and I'm not on a computer I can't. Hehehe. But I will when it's actually daytime!
It's cool that you're a blossoming translator. I want to learn Japanese myself and possibly create songs with UTAUs and such but unfortunately Google Translate is shoddy and so are my Japanese skills... but I'll get there.
Anyway, welcome to VO! Hope you enjoy your stay!

#9 User is offline   Aokusa Heiseine Icon

• >The rain falling on Sunday Morning<
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:DATEKEN (FTW!)

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Haro darling~ Welcome to VO..~ (Sorry, in a rush)

Ciao~
Posted Image

Spoiler

That first,
This later,
It expands without an end.

This | It | That | Which

- IMAGINATION -

#10 User is offline   Harutobi Icon

• (︶︹︺)
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

Nice to meet youuuuuu~ :3

Hope you enjoy it here. c;
tumblr: kuriiyo   ||   youtube: sorastrife92

#11 User is offline   ant Icon

• Lets bounce
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Puffihn, ピノキオ-P, Shu-t, sat

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hey, welcome to VO. I missed 8 on that game, because blanked out and couldn't remember some of them, hehe. :rolleyes: I want to make an utau one day, but I don't have a microphone. Are you making yours CV or VCV?

#12 User is offline   The Nomitroid Icon

• Loveliness... not really
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hello new person! Hajimemashte watashi wa namae no Nomi chan desu! I as well am learning Japanese but to understand Vocaloid songs better not to make them, I can hardly imagine myself being a producer ^^

My favourite Vocaloid is GUMI as well her voice is too lovely! Which song is your favourite or one of your favorites?

Well I hope you have an awesome time here like I do! :3
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 User is offline   Taifuun Icon

• A Lovely Oracle
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostSandstorm77, on 20 February 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Welcome to VO hope you have fun and enjoy your stay

Don't worry your not alone, as a man i shed manly tears watching kokoro kiseki TT^TT
Oh and yay another kagamine fan, here's a cookie *gives cookie* (man there's plenty of kagamine fans lately)

I had 4 minutes left on the game, and it wouldn't accept tone rion. It turned out to be tone rone....That was really a failiure.

Thank you! :D
I didn't cry while watching it (I don't cry while watching anything), but I did feel extremely sad. How late are we talking here? I was introduced to Vocaloid/Kagamines in the fall of 2010. I just recently found out about VO, and only two days ago did I actually make an account. xD

Thank you. *takes cookie* OMNOMNOM
I did poorly on the game (about 8....*facedesk* the Vocaloid fanbase is so huge I have trouble keeping up).
Yes, that's a fail. xD I hope the game creator fixes it.

#14 User is offline   Taifuun Icon

• A Lovely Oracle
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostMakaru-kun, on 20 February 2012 - 03:32 AM, said:

Oh nice intro!

AND THAT GAME! OMG IT'S SO FUN! I got 34/35 Vocaloids right... I knew the last one was Tone Rion, but the game said her name was "Tone Rone"... so much fail... at least I know that I know all the vocaloids. Plus, that game is missing the Chinese Vocaloid and Ueki-loid.

But enough about that game! You sound like a great person for VO! Please stay... :unsure: new people usually become inactive after a month...

I must say, your "Drake & Josh" signature made me laugh.
T___T I didn't do so well on the game. I'm so fixated on the major vocaloids that I never really expanded into the other ones. BUT THE FANBASE IS SOOOO FRICKIN' HUGE! T_T I'll never catch up....C-Chinese vocaloids? What's an Ueki-loid....GAHH My point exactly.

I'll try to stay here! My life is a very busy one, and I usually dislike forums (I'm not sure, I just don't really like them), but since I like Vocaloid and I need to get more into the fanbase, why not explore here a bit? Maybe I'll meet some friends ^___^

#15 User is offline   Taifuun Icon

• A Lovely Oracle
  • Icon

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostTsuno, on 20 February 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Hi! Welcome to VO! You sound like a pretty cool person.
Kokoro Kiseki has made tonnnsss of people sad, very sad, so you're not alone there, haha. Also, I would play that game, but considering it's two am for me and I'm not on a computer I can't. Hehehe. But I will when it's actually daytime!
It's cool that you're a blossoming translator. I want to learn Japanese myself and possibly create songs with UTAUs and such but unfortunately Google Translate is shoddy and so are my Japanese skills... but I'll get there.
Anyway, welcome to VO! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Thank you! :3

Yes! Play it!
We'll get there eventually! To translator land we goooooo~!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users