VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Topics about the wikia... - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Topics about the wikia...

#1 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shu-tP

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

Okay something has to be now said. The thing is, sure their run by the fans but their no different to a forum like Voclaoidism, or a blong like engloid's blog or anything like that. wikias count as independant communities. Now this is about the 2-4 time I've seen a to[pic like this one;

http://vocaloidotaku...vocaloid-wikia/

ow this is getting silly. Whining and moaning and complaining here on VO achieves nothing! If you have SOMETHING to say about the wikia, give some respect; go to the wikia and tell the editors there (I'm not the only wikia editor around here that much I know). It took me over a day to see this topic, if this was a more serious issue, then there is also the possibly not able to resolve the problem if none of the wikia editors noticed it.

If you don't like how its been run or have some big issues, here are the list of stuff members where you can bring up the issues with also;

http://vocaloid.wiki...ListUsers/sysop

I will say that I dug at the members here at VO for 6 whole months nearly before anyone got on onto their feet and tackled some of the outgoing issues with the wikia. Ditto was the same for the wikipedia wiki page. So ifyou guys don't like how things are going, you had a big huge gap of 6 months. So ideas don't work, we cut them out.. Some things need to be kept, like mentioning of Neru for the sake of the fandumb. there are also now wikia that tackled spercific issues like fanloids, bare that in mind that wikia don't organise themselves by themselves and sometimes things can take months to resolve, they are all WIP.

Now, we don't organise topics on Vocaloidism, where we sit there and just bitch/criticise/whine about the site do we? I hope not, because stirring up trouble between communities is not the best way to have a fandom and only ends with a war. Ditto the same, please acknowledge wikias are communties. Sometimes they are run by a website, sure, but the Vocaloid wikia is not part of VO or Vocaloidism... If you want to do your own wikia, thats fine also, if fact the wikia system staff do allow several wikias on one subject to exist side by side.

So yeah, can I just ask if its possible that admins close such topics and leave a notice to resolve this with the wikia itself? Now I'm not against anyone digging at the wikia, you're not supportive of it anyway and constant eat at it for being "unreliable" (even in cases where *gasp* it actually is RIGHT you question it). What the wikia does is of little concern for VO, what goes on there doesn't concern the greater workings of VO. I'm happy to hear VO's imput because half the Vocanoobs come our way to look at us and honestly the better you make wikia and wikipedia related pages the easier it is to deal with noobs anyway... But you guys must understand that there is a time and place to do these things, I've now made it clear where you go to make a complaint or discussion for wikia stuff (for those not paying attention; the wikia itself).

the reason I'm saying all this however, is this... I will say I don't know if this is the same with the othe wikia editors, but I come to VO to be a Vocaloid fan, I visit the wiki systems to a wikia editor. I do mention the wikia here, yes, but you guys always insist on bringing it up an I've found I've had to correct or comment on the wikia a lot (which I admit annoys me for reasons I'm currently explaining right now), or it happens to be the place the information is kept I'm referring to so I link there. But overall I will and DO seperate my status of being a editor from my status of being a Vocaloid fan and it happens that VO is where I come to be a fan.

Not all wikia editors, from my experience, enjoy discussing wikia subjects within fandom communties because there is a tendacey for many non-editor fans to attack and dig at wikia editors because being unrelated to the wikia gives them a feeling of power to attack and criticise wikias and their editors. In fact I've experienced "bullying" of wikia editors within the On Piece community. A guy there who had a large following visited a forum called "Arlong Park" and attacked wikia editors wheneve he got a chance, this went on for months without the staff of the forum he was using so much even noticing, until the One Piece wikias finally got together and complained to the admins about it. At the One Piece wikia, there are some editors who simply do not want to be known as wikia editors or do not want to discuss wikia subject outside of the One Piece wikia - full stop. And One Piece wikia isn't the only case. Not eveyone supports wikia sites, their not without their flaws and people do criticise them I acknowledge that. But there are also some very agressive critis of wikia who don't hold any bars for them, who can be jerks and hostile to anyone who mentions their a wikia editor. But their the eaiest form of data sharing that fandoms have and most noobs use them as a basis for their research, sad, but true.

Think of this as a case of Vocaloidism and VO... Sure some of us are members of both, but we have our peferences and how we react and behave at one might not be the same as at the other. Or to more extremes, our reactions on youtube and VO, or Deviant art and VO, you get the idea right?

Sorry for saying this, but if I don't say this this will keep happening and I thought it was about time I said something. I will say right now I am speaking as a wikia editor, but I have no choice because I have a wikia related issue. Now, excuse this is VO and I do come here to be a fan - I'm off to be a fan. :-D

Edit:
Editied to fix some flaws in gramma and spelling and parts I missed out.
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#2 User is offline   Byakuren Icon

• Dio Fucker
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:Jin

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

I really only skimmed your post but I got the majority of what you're getting at.

I know it's a pain hearing people continuously voice negative opinions or dislike towards the wikia and you want them to be upfront and go to the wikia to voice their opinions and such there rather than 'back talk about it here', but everyone is welcome to an opinion and such. We can't necessarily stop individuals from voicing those opinions, many have a large dislike for sites, it'd be sort of like myself and many others whining and groaning over how bad facebook is then someone who works there(but also browses VO) comes here and tells everyone to stop doing it here and bring it up on facebook.

However, I was sure that thread got locked or something since I'm very positive there is already a Vocaloid wikia thread somewhere(though I can't quite remember nor do I want to go digging through a load of pages at this moment in time).

Now, I'm in no way at all saying the wikia is bad, infact I go on it and fix typos whenever I see them and I use it often for reference for names, japanese characterized names, official artwork of the characters, etc. I don't mind it, but obviously it's not perfect, no wikia is, no site is. There are bound to be people that dislike it. VO and numerous other Vocaloid communities either ride on the old hate wagon from way back when it used to be really misinformed(and still do without having even been on it and seen how much it's changed), or just generally don't like the way it's managed or how it looks, etc. Everyone has their reasons I guess.
Vocaloids I own
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shu-tP

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Well, I have no objections to a single topic existing about the wikia, will note that and people ARE free to discuss the wikia and that I have said and I ensure you its gonna happen regardless so I'm comfortable about it. By all means, if you want to have a topic for bitching and adoring alike, theres no reason to not have one. Just like the "things that annoy you.." Topics keep most of the venting out of the rest of the forum, this is good.

If it becomes a list of suggestions, feed back and things along the line, thats when a big red arrow pointed at the wikia itself needs to come in.

All I'm saying is that there is a time and place to bitch, when the wikia makes a mistake, your within your right to critise and dig at it because it should be picked up on. However... Sometimes the VO members who are not editors get a little carried away with their anti-wikia stances and honestly... Some things that need to be directed at the wikia itself so it can asdress them don't make it to there. I'm only speaking up about this though, because I've read 3 things in 3 different topics basically critising about the wikia, as I said I come here to be a fan. Its sort of intimidating and off putting to see that much. Especially since they were the first 3 topics I read (CV04 one, Things that annoy... And of course the one I've linked to).

I have edited wikia since 2004 so I know all the issues related to them and quite frankly... I'll dig at wikias myself so I can't say I'm not even innocent of never digging at them. Lol. Ah... I hate this topic already, forcing myself to switch from "fan-mode" to "editor-mode" like this on VO in a instant gives me a headache. I don't react at the wikia the same as on VO. ^_^'
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users