VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: How many Manga do you Own? - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How many Manga do you Own? Just something i felt up to doing..

#1 User is offline   Homunculus Icon

• As long as i'm here.
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

Hello Everyone. How many Manga do You own and how long have you been collecting? i started when i was around 9 * lol yes.* and now im 13...so ive been collecting for ...4 years? yesh. = w = and i own exactly well...the last time i checked it was 90.
Posted Image

I f t h is wo r ld se e k s m y des tr uc ti on. I t g oe s with m e

#2 User is offline   SALTY Icon

• The Princess of Flavour
  • Icon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

well lets see... i have 3 bookshelves that take up a wall each, at least 2 or 3 shelves r full, and the way i load them... 34 to 50 books
My sprites:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Next on my list:
Taiwanese Tonio
Classic Ann
Leon (REDO)
Tonio (REDO)

I might possibly do:
Ueki-loid
Lou Tianyi

#3 User is offline   Frank Icon

• Light of foot, light of heart!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

I imagine around 60 volumes, but some are in the same books as like a "special" version

my bookshelf is full as fuck so the manga is just sorta pouring out of the shelfs and on the floor
we'll carry on

#4 User is offline   ShadeMalkior Icon

• Another Miku Fanboy? :3
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:DECO*27, 8#Prince, Machigerita

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

After seeing those numbers... I feel like some sort of elder. I have (at last count) 322 volumes of manga, and I get more every month. It sucks some serious cash, but I've never once doubted that it's worth it =P
Posted Image

Signature by lentaco XD. She's amazing.
Posted Image
The greatest Visual Novel of all time. If you love a good story, there's none above KS.
╔╗╔╦══════════════╦╗
║║║╠══╦═╦══╦╦══╦╦═╝║
║║║║╔╗║╔╣╔╗║║╔╗╠╣╔╗║
║╚╝║╚╝║╚╣╚╝║║╚╝║║╚╝║
╚══╩══╩═╩╩╩╩╩══╩╩══╝

My YouTube
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Bluekingboy Icon

• My legend began in the 12th century...
  • Icon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Started getting into anime and manga about 2 years ago. Atm I have about 30 manga. It's hard to find the money to get manga :/ but when I can its always worth it!
Love forever. Love is free. Let's turn forever, you and me. Windmill windmill for the land. Is everybody in?
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Pomelo Icon

• sekai de ichiban trash-sama ☆
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:wintermute & whoo

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

Honestly, I can't remember what my first manga purchase was. I was probably around 11...
I used to go most weekends to Chapters w/my best friend at the time and read a shitload of mangas, so that's sort of blurring my memory as to what I actually did and didn't buy. And considering the selection here is pretty subpar and I'm kinda broke, I don't really buy a lot of manga.

My latest purchases (#2-4 of Di Gi Charat) were actually the first I'd done in probably 3 or 4 years because I was freaking out about actually FINDING that for sale considering it's kinda old and I fucking love Di Gi Charat.

Looking at my shelf right now, I can't help but feel that I had more...I know I had #1-5 of Chobits for example, but they're not there. But a lot of my books are kinda helter skelter since I keep moving around, so maybe that's it. Also why a lot of this is from memory.

Spoiler

#7 User is offline   ant Icon

• Lets bounce
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Puffihn, ピノキオ-P, Shu-t, sat

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

One volume of shonen jump. *sits in corner with head down*

#8 User is offline   Hide Icon

• ×Makes no sense×
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:QVIC

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

Let's see....

Spoiler

56. I think.

Posted Image
If it's all dreams, Now wake me up....If it's all real, Just kill me.
PROM15E to 13ELIEVE
X

#9 User is offline   Sandstorm77 Icon

• No, i do not use a hunting horn
  • Icon
  • Location:Give me a map and compas and i'll try to figure ir out
  • Favorite Producer/s:Hitoshizuku-p, Neru, WON★OPO!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

To be honest i have no idea.....
I know i have over 9000 200 but i don't know the exact number

The good thing is the manga translated here are made way thinner than what it's originally is, so it doesn't take much space. But i actually like it the big original ones.

Here what mine looks like
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And those are only the ones that have been lucky enough to survive, i know i have lost a few dozen in the past...
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Utatane_Piko Icon

• Resident Nazi-Neko-Shota-Vampire
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:mothy, CircusP, AVTechNo

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

at last count, over 250. I have boxes, upon boxes of manga. And event my bookshelf is almost about to collapse under the weight of the manga. all i can say, is i have the full set of BR, DN, yugioh, rave master, one peice, ouran, imortal rain, and +ANIMA. and collections ive yet to complete are card captors, jin bandit king, and battle vixens (dont ask). so yh, i have loads, but thats not all the manga i have, i tend to pick loads up that i never bother to finish the set.
Posted Image
My FanFiction page
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Warning, Kawaii picture below.
Spoiler

#11 User is offline   ant Icon

• Lets bounce
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Puffihn, ピノキオ-P, Shu-t, sat

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

For anyone who's got over 200, how long have you been collecting and how often do you buy? I want to start a huge manga collection.

#12 User is offline   Sandstorm77 Icon

• No, i do not use a hunting horn
  • Icon
  • Location:Give me a map and compas and i'll try to figure ir out
  • Favorite Producer/s:Hitoshizuku-p, Neru, WON★OPO!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostAnt, on 27 February 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

For anyone who's got over 200, how long have you been collecting and how often do you buy? I want to start a huge manga collection.

I think i've been collecting for 6-7 years now? Don't really remember when i began.

I haven't bought much lately just 1 or 2 a month if i go out, since i'm currently focusing on my exams. But before i could buy 5-8 a month, i kinda started reading eyeshield21 late so i bought quite a lot in a short amount of time for it. I could buy at least 3 each time i go and that was twice a week.

and after rethinking a bit i think i have more than 300 but some of them are missing (probably in one of my cars, i read them and leave them in the car and forget about it)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Sprites Icon

• Spectral Miku
  • Icon

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

I've more than 100 :D
I've even one shonen weekly jump , but i can't read it lol
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image oh , time to change! I have Sophie's now!

#14 User is offline   Fujisaito Icon

• White Mage~
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:DECO*27

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

It is difficult in England to get your hands on Manga. Y'see, the one shop that sells it often only stocks popular mangas that I am not interested in. I recall seeing a lot of Bleach and Naruto. I'm not interested in your 'main-stream' mangas, I prefer the ones which aren't as well know, as most of the time, they're better.
Let's see, with this all being said, and with me not having a lot of money, I have Vampire Knight I & II, Black Butler I and Bleach 1 -32. The bleach ones were shipped in from all over (America, inner England etc.) and therefore cost a lot, and seeing as I was running out of money, I stopped shipping them in.
However, I'm about to order all of the up to date Pandora Hearts Volumes that I can afford.

[Bare in mind I'm only 15.]
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:10daysP, cosMo, PutinP, hachi

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

I think I have 9 #1 issues on my shelf...and that's it XD

My only "complete" collection is Cardcaptor Sakura, and that's only the first series. Whoops.

There's a few series I want to collect, though. Tsubasa, Rozen Maiden, D. Gray Man, Junko Mizuno's stuff...I should probably send some support to those people.

Over at the local chapters there's a pretty good collection. In addition to the usual Viz Media stuff, they stock Yen Press and even the odd independent-press sort of book.

I don't know if my local chapters still has Tokyopop titles in stock...since they shut down operations in NA it costs a million dollars to import titles from england >:/
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users