VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: How many Manga do you Own? - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How many Manga do you Own? Just something i felt up to doing..

#16 User is offline   Pomelo Icon

• sekai de ichiban trash-sama ☆
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:wintermute & whoo

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'd love to get my hands on some of Junko Mizuno's works too, since she's one of my favourite artists. I do have a little notebook with her designs, but none of her manga. U`U

Also I had no idea Tokyopop shut down

#17 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:10daysP, cosMo, PutinP, hachi

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostPomelo, on 02 March 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

I'd love to get my hands on some of Junko Mizuno's works too, since she's one of my favourite artists. I do have a little notebook with her designs, but none of her manga. U`U

Also I had no idea Tokyopop shut down

I heard it a few months ago. It's only shut down in North America, so they're still distributing in Europe and other places.

Also I've only ever read Pure Trance, and I figure if I read anything else I'll have to buy it XD;;

That's the little solemn vow I made to myself.
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

#18 User is offline   SALTY Icon

• The Princess of Flavour
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

my local place where i used to buy them closed down coz of that stupid "books will now only be sold online" law
My sprites:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Next on my list:
Taiwanese Tonio
Classic Ann
Leon (REDO)
Tonio (REDO)

I might possibly do:
Ueki-loid
Lou Tianyi

#19 User is offline   asparagus Icon

• Lurker
  • Icon

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

I used to have 200+ but I ended up getting rid of a good third or so of them because it was just getting to be too much.

I've been collecting since I was 12 or 13 or something (so 4 or 5 years? My "Nerd badge" (AKA con badge) count is at five, so it may actually have been longer).

I used to buy a couple every few weeks once I had some cash, but these days it's more like 1 or 2 a month because I've been busy.

I tend to buy them from chapters because I get a discount, but if chapters doesn't have it I'll pop over to Sakura Media and have a look (they're really close to eachother in the mall so it's easy to run around and compare). I also sometimes go to this japanese used book store called Book Off, but it's kind of hit-and-miss there unless I'm looking for a volume in japanese. I've found some interesting things there, though. Bought the whole Chobits series and found some Yu Yu Hakusho there as well.

Major series I'm collecting are:
Fairy Tail
Soul Eater
Kuroshitsuji
D.Gray Man

Ones I've finished collecting:
Kamichama Karin (first series)
Magical x Miracle
+Anima
Chobits
Faeries Landing (But the last book doesn't exist! Dammit!)
Princess Resurrection (all that have been released so far)

I want to finish collecting:
Yu Yu Hakusho
Pumpkin Scissors
XxxHolic & Tsubasa (But they're CLAMP so they're super expensive OTL)

Yeah that's about it

I used to collect Naruto too but stopped when I realized there was no end in sight (I was in the 40s too)
♈♉♊♋♌♎♏♐♑♒♓
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Ravioli Icon

• Rin Holic
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:niki, Dixie Flatline, Lunachu

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:15 AM

Holy cow, I used to think that I had too much manga but, yeah, not anymore. (Which means I can go ahead and buy more without feeling guilty, sweet~)

But anyway, I have like *goes off to count*... eightyish. Do copies of Shonen Jump count? 'Cuz I've got like ten really old issues just laying around, too.

#21 User is offline   asparagus Icon

• Lurker
  • Icon

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

View PostViola Alfiere, on 02 March 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Holy cow, I used to think that I had too much manga but, yeah, not anymore. (Which means I can go ahead and buy more without feeling guilty, sweet~)

But anyway, I have like *goes off to count*... eightyish. Do copies of Shonen Jump count? 'Cuz I've got like ten really old issues just laying around, too.

I have like five. Not sure why I still have them, to be honest.
♈♉♊♋♌♎♏♐♑♒♓
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Ravioli Icon

• Rin Holic
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:niki, Dixie Flatline, Lunachu

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postasparagus, on 03 March 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

I have like five. Not sure why I still have them, to be honest.

Mm, same here. Though I suspect it might have something to do with my tendency to form deep, sentimental attachments to random old junk.

...That's it, mine are going in the garbage. Too bad they're not worth anything...

#23 User is offline   Harutobi Icon

• (︶︹︺)
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

*Looks over at her very small collection*

Eh, about 4~5 Manga. Haha.

tumblr: kuriko-love   ||   youtube: sorastrife92     

#24 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:OSTER-P

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

Well the title should be " How Much Manga do you own? " But anyways, I think I have at least 100 or 200 books. Most of them are from long running series (Sadly think only one of them is completed though because after about 20 volumes or so I get bored and move on). I started around freshmen year of high school. Though recently I have pretty much stopped cold turkey because most of the distributors have shut down and I'm just bored of it.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#25 User is offline   Taifuun Icon

• A Lovely Oracle
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostAnt, on 27 February 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

One volume of shonen jump. *sits in corner with head down*

Can I, like, join you in the corner? I only have 9 (including 2 character guides) tankobon (don't know how to do the dash above the first "o"), and 5 of them were gifts whereas the other 4 were bought with gift money or at a book sale............

#26 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:10daysP, cosMo, PutinP, hachi

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

View Postsleepysheep7, on 03 March 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Well the title should be " How Much Manga do you own? " But anyways, I think I have at least 100 or 200 books. Most of them are from long running series (Sadly think only one of them is completed though because after about 20 volumes or so I get bored and move on). I started around freshmen year of high school. Though recently I have pretty much stopped cold turkey because most of the distributors have shut down and I'm just bored of it.

Ahhh, that's sad. Still, I can understand. I love comics but I wouldn't want to own 200 million mangas that all felt the same and weren't really exciting :/

I don't really consider myself to be a manga-reader so much as a comics-reader. I have a pithy number of DC/Vertigo comics as well as independent/webcomic type stuff in addition to the mangas I own on my shelf, and I'm pretty happy with all of them (Except for the crappy DC series I was buying in individual issues for half a year).
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

#27 User is offline   anarnee Icon

• Friendly lurker lady person thing
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Machigeriita-P

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

87. My biggest series are Fruits basket and Suikoden III.

#28 User is offline   choconut Icon

• Official Yama-hoe.
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

I used to have some when I was younger, but I've moved so much I don't even know what happened to them. BUT I still have a few volumes of Smoke, a doujin by Kim Jea Eon (who drew Soul to Seoul and Teen Spirit) and I worship every page, even more now that I know it will never be finished. RIP, she was one of the best manga/manhwa artists I have ever seen in my life.

#29 Harumi*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

Me and my brother, back in the old VERY old days when I was like nine or ten and he was like fourteen or fifteen, we would collect ALL the manga of Naruto and Yu Yu Hakashu! I spelled that wrong didn't I? We had plushest from Inuyasha. It was fun, until we sold them all.

#30 User is offline   Homunculus Icon

• As long as i'm here.
  • Icon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostHarumi, on 03 March 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Me and my brother, back in the old VERY old days when I was like nine or ten and he was like fourteen or fifteen, we would collect ALL the manga of Naruto and Yu Yu Hakashu! I spelled that wrong didn't I? We had plushest from Inuyasha. It was fun, until we sold them all.

awww....D: Why did you Sell them?
Posted Image

I f t h is wo r ld se e k s m y des tr uc ti on. I t g oe s with m e

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users