VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Feeling nostalgic when listening to old Vocaloid songs - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Feeling nostalgic when listening to old Vocaloid songs

#1 User is offline   Fragments Icon

• 「エランダール」
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:all of them

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

I know that a lot of people hate most of the older Vocaloid songs because of how poorly-tuned the majority of them are. Melt in particular gets a lot of hate, despite having some great tuning for the era, but that's a discussion for another thread.

The thing is, I can't bring myself to hate these songs. Instead, I get a powerful nostalgic feeling that can actually eclipse how much I like the song objectively.

Here are some examples of songs that have caused this feeling:

Spoiler

Does anybody else experience this, or is it just me?

#2 User is offline   ant Icon

• Lets bounce
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:Puffihn, ピノキオ-P, Shu-t, sat

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Oh yeah! I like to go back and listen to some of the songs I first heard, like melancholic, discommunication and triple baka. They always remind me of summer because I first got into vocaloid at the beginning of the summer (can't remember if it was last year or the year before that).

#3 User is offline   mickvin92 Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Well this one makes me feel nostalgic

first miku song that i listened to

#4 User is offline   SCRAP RABBiT Icon

• Chao♪Freak
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Utsu-P, Sakuran-P, AKI4k1

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

I'll post videos in a sec, but the two main songs that do it for me are "Ryuusei" and "Amber Wind." There are a couple others that I'll remember when I wake up. :U

EDIT: Ah~ Here we go~ I can't believe that I've been into VOCALOID for so long that songs make me feel nostalgic... Miku sounded a bit different back then somehow. Dunno if it was becuase of the VOCALOID2 update or people using basic tuning, but there's something...
Have some pre-popularity TripShots, Act.1 Rin & Len, Akita Neru, and Teto when she was just starting out.
Spoiler

EDIT2: Whoah. Can't believe I found this. TripShot's Houki Boshi PV in WIP stage. I remember seeing this before the final was posted...
Spoiler

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Hide Icon

• ×Makes no sense×
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:QVIC

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hmm~ Songs to make me nostalgic.....
The most nostalgic song I can think of is Alice Human Sacrifice.
It was the first song I learned all of the Japanese lyrics to.

Posted Image
If it's all dreams, Now wake me up....If it's all real, Just kill me.
PROM15E to 13ELIEVE
X

#6 User is offline   Dead Account Icon

• Dead Account
  • Icon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Yeah, I feel nostalgic whenever I hear Daughter of Evil and the other songs in that series...I also get nostalgic with Double Melody, Lola's cover of Double Lariat.
Dead Account

#7 User is offline   asparagus Icon

• Lurker
  • Icon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Popipo and a lot of old supercell songs do that for me, aah yes.
♈♉♊♋♌♎♏♐♑♒♓
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   SuperTart Icon

• Fruity Surprise!
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Puffihn and Azuralunar

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Nostalgic songs? Meiko's Nostalgic I really don't have much, but Meltdown, We Wish You Good Fuck (was that the name of it?), Machine Muzick, and Last Night Good Night will always be some of the songs I remember best as they were some of my first, and I always remember the first time I listened to them and will never forget. Especially Last Night Good Night. I was so amazed a computer could do that and I thought it was the most realistic thing ever. Sure, I was wrong, but that won't stop me from still saying that it's an emotional song and I still stalk Youtube for covers of it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This foolish and fun encounter
Talking nonsense conversation
Having a comfort meet up share laugh and cry
So I’m singing this endless song
Dream as if you will live forever
And live as if you’ll die today
One Ok Rock
C.H.A.O.S.M.Y.T.H.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SpazzehBat Icon

• ぶちころがす。
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Kikuo, Jin

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

I get that feeling when listening to any Vocaloid melodies, like COOL+. When it's got combinations of new songs I love and old songs I used to, I get this warm fuzzy feeling. I also get that feeling when listening to some Dixie Flatline songs. <xD

#10 User is offline   Wicked Obsession Icon

• Because of Reasons.
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Wowoka

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

The first time I heard a Vocaloid was about 2005. I only just realised this the other day.

I think I was in year 3 or 4, I'm in year 9 now. Anyway. I went to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra with my school, and turns out they had actually used LEON in one of their songs. I remember being blown away by it, thinking how amazing it was that a computer was singing. Like is said previously, I only just realised it was LEON the other day.

But yer, I know what you mean by feeling nostalgic about listening to old Vocaloid songs. The first Vocaloid song I listened to (knowing what it was) was Po Pi Po. I listened to it yesterday and felt sick. I just kept thinking about how that one song completely changed my life :')
One day I will have a super awesome signature. But for now, you can stare at this GIF.

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Mew Icon

• And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:shinjouP, seiko

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Definately. As much as I dislike the tuning of older songs I listen to them because they remind me of the fandom back when and my iscribble family. Ievan Polkka and Kaito's cover of Take on Me always trigger nostalgic feelings.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Oxymoron Icon

• °˖✧◝(⊙▿⊙)◜✧˖°
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shigotoshite, Uramanbou, EZFG

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Kaito's cover of Take On Me always makes me nostalgic. As well as Dancing Samurai. And a bunch of Kaito's parody songs especially "Why Did My Sales Grow?" ...or something like that. A lot of Kaito songs I used to listen to make me nostalgic.
Posted Image

Spoiler

#13 User is offline   Pomelo Icon

• sekai de ichiban trash-sama ☆
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:wintermute & whoo

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

I can't even remember what my first song was. I remember one of the first big ones that I listened to and liked was Alice Human Sacrifice, but now I'm like...WHY. Especially since everyone goes on about how ~creepy and edgy~ it is.

Actually, most of the songs that I first listened to just make me go WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY USED TO LIKE THAT HAHAHA (Sakasama Rainbow...)

There are still a few Miku covers that I think fondly of, since they were some of my firsts and at the time I didn't fully understand that ANYONE can make Miku songs and was surprised to see her cover some things I liked (although they're not really good):

Spoiler

#14 User is online   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

I listen to a few that only are on my MP3. Feels good to go back and listen to them every once in a while.
Posted Image

Posted Image
^Come check out Modern Fantasia

Spoiler

#15 User is offline   TanukiShadow Icon

• Tanuki, pon
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:mothy, Hitoshizuku-P, & others

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

Considering I've only been in this fandom for about 1 year, I don't think those songs are old at all. I still listen to some of them. Some of them I don't listen anymore since I realized how badly-tuned they are, sounding all muffled and stuff.
Need something good to put here

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users