VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: V3 Oliver project help with sounds - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

V3 Oliver project help with sounds

#1 User is offline   DLerium Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hello! I live in Texas and I'm new to vocaloid but have had years of experience with complex 3d programs and software writing, so I believe I can learn this and refuse to give up. I'm an older artist who is an anime-otaku, which would be kind of creepy for a man my age if I didn't qualify it by saying I was married for 22 years and now share my passion for things Japanese with my grandkid. My immediate problem is getting the sounds right, to pronounce certain words. Like "sis-ter". Many of the syllables I try to use don't sound anything like the sounds it generates! I bought the download of Oliver which comes with the lite editor, and am waiting for Yuzaki Yukari on dvd with the lite editor which is coming from Japan.I live in Texas. Please help me understand how to put sounds in the lyrics that come out better in English. The Scarborough fair demo blew me away! I can see the potential. I'm making a video using Poser generated figures and live actors. Thanks.

#2 User is online   Cluemily Icon

• Frilloween姫
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:mayuko

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

What are you trying to get sister to sound like? There's plenty of combinations to try.
Checking the English Phonetics may help.
Owned VOCALOIDs: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
tumblr: cluemily // clueducer || youtube: icelilac1 // twitter: cluemily

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   DLerium Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostCluemily, on 08 March 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

What are you trying to get sister to sound like? There's plenty of combinations to try.
Checking the English Phonetics may help.

Thanks, I didn't mean sounding like sister, I actually meant pronouncing the word "sister" Relevantly I just discovered the user dictionary for words, which is helping a lot because I can pre-set how the syllables sound. I also tried some changes to the active voice, which helps. What I'm doing is writing sounds, and even dialog, for 3d characters. I buy the music outright from Pond 5, and assemble it in my film editor after I've generated video with poser, but all V3 has to do is sing the words with a good kid's voice. Its kind of a rock opera. The boy is the childhood memory of the main live actor. He's in a scene with a nun who traumatized him by discipline, he sings things like "You're scaring me sister" and "What can I have done?". The lyrics may be so unclear audibly that I'll have to include subtitles so people can understand him, but I'm still enthused about the concept.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users