VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Is this fair? - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this fair?

Poll: Is this fair? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

What are your views? (Select multiple if you feel it's inbetween them)

1. Not very fair at all! (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Voted I'm sort of undecided on this one... Somewhat fair, somewhat not fair? (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. I don't even see what the problem is... (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Kurichan Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Okay, so, basically... Me and my brother were on this forum that he often goes on, and I tried checking if there were any skins/stuff like that.... He was already on the main page, so I tried scrolling down to see.

Note: I'd already told him I'd try checking, and that I'd not need to stray from the current page...

He starting practically strangling me, and holding me back, saying that "You've never fixed or pulled apart any computers; you could permanantly change a setting!" He didn't realise two things.
1. I did have former experience pulling apart electronics, including an old DS Lite.
2. Him pulling away would make me more likely to change something that can't be erased. I have a steady hand, and scrolling down isn't really that threataning.

In the end, he almost dislocated my shoulder.

So, do you think this is fair or not?

#2 User is offline   Sprites Icon

• Spectral Miku
  • Icon

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Looks he's got a problem , and this has nothing to do about fairness.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image oh , time to change! I have Sophie's now!

#3 User is offline   TheDrunkRecruit Icon

• BUTWHY!?!?
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Ryo, CosMo, Shomi-P

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

He's either got a, well...private stash...that he's protective over.

Or he's a bit OTT about scrolling.

No, it's not really fair, but as stated by post before me, it's not much to do with fairness.

Pretty much, brothers are A-holes...I have experience...I am one >=]

(Sorry if I messed up any spelling, my vision has gone funny right now, and it's kinda like a kaleidoscope...should I be scared?)
UTAUs
Spoiler

I'm watching you... >w>

#4 User is offline   Box Icon

• Vippaloid Otaku
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:ManbouP, niki, Wan☆Opo

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostSprites, on 19 March 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Looks he's got a problem , and this has nothing to do about fairness.

Seconded.

That is not how you treat people, especially members of your own family. Really, you should be more worried about his aggressive tendencies. Something as innocent as scrolling down a page shouldn't invoke that sort of drastic -- and rather violent -- reaction.

But, I'd like to know how changing the skin would mess up his settings? Or what a forum even has to do with assembly/disassembly of a computer.
Skins are optional, and can be interchanged freely. They cannot be permanently assigned because somebody scrolled down the page to check something.

Strictly speaking, you should be talking to your guardian about that, not us. If something as minor as this caused him to become so enraged, who knows what else might set him off, and how violent that reaction could be. He could seriously hurt you next time if you aren't careful. /SoapboxRant

Long story short, its not just unfair, its dangerous.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Box claimed REMOTE CONTROL

Userbars by Alex, Gin-san, Sebastian, Khisui, FashionablyLateMS, and myself
Spoiler

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Pomelo Icon

• sekai de ichiban trash-sama ☆
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:wintermute & whoo

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Has the GD become the 'come complain about your family' section?

Who really cares...? I don't really see why both of you are getting worked up about it. Well, maybe you slightly more because of your shoulder and all. Maybe he has anger issues or something, although me and my sister used to get really aggressive over computer stuff too (...okay, mostly me)
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Risse Icon

• Officially certified to kick ass.
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Yuyoyuppe / Okame-P

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

I have to agree with everyone else. This is more than just fairness.
Just trying to change a skin on an online form shouldn't make him THAT upset to the point of almost dislocating your shoulder.
I honestly think you should bring it up to another family member, and have them talk about it with him.
Because obviously, he has trouble handling his anger.

君が未だ 笑ってる...
あの笑顔を

#7 User is offline   minarun Icon

• -slight gasp-
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I'm the youngest of four and grew up with two older brothers. It's really just how brothers are so you shouldn't take it to heart. When you're older you'll look back on this and be like "Wow, we were stupid". Also lol @ almost dislocating your shoulder.

I had my arm dislocated too many times to count when I was younger, just 'cause it just happened too easily. It got to the point that my mom or big sis would just pop it back into place for me rather than go to the emergency room. So I don't take that sentence as seriously as I really should.

Brothers will be brothers, y'know. This isn't anything new at all. Siblings will almost always fight unless there is such a large age gap between them, they never really have to live with each other (Like the distance between my sister and I).

Actually, a bit off topic, but I read this really interesting article in a psychology magazine a month or so back about siblings and how they interact based on age differences, gender and the number of children. It was pretty cool and I found myself agreeing with quite a bit of it. When you live with a sibling, it's hard to get along, since they've always been there. Nothing is really just yours.

Give yourself time to cool down and you'll get over it. My brothers used to torture me for no good reason when I was little, like locking me in the garage or in my room for hours, turning off my games when I was in the middle of playing or just beating me up and stuff. But now that I'm older, we're cool. I love 'em both to death. We were kids and whatever, so no biggie.

As for anger problems, control comes with age. Boys do boy things. When you guys get older, this will be no big deal.

Also, there is nothing fair when it comes to siblings. Fair doesn't exist. It's an illusion. You shouldn't aim for it.

#8 Xey Oiz*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Undecided, I let my brother use my computer and he installs a whole bunch of crap on it, games, toolbars, you name it. Also I mean a DS Lite does not really count as a computer, I've disassembled tons of those things, they're not that hard to take apart, I assume a computer would be a more more annoying. The way your brother handled it is a bit messed up though, I would freak if someone even laid a finger on me especially if I knew what I was doing, I mean you were just scrolling, I don't honestly don't know what I think. =|

#9 User is offline   TamotsuKun Icon

• Slipped on a banana feel
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:KZ Livetune, Neru

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostTheDrunkRecruit, on 19 March 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

He's either got a, well...private stash...that he's protective over.

Or he's a bit OTT about scrolling.

No, it's not really fair, but as stated by post before me, it's not much to do with fairness.

Pretty much, brothers are A-holes...I have experience...I am one >=]

(Sorry if I messed up any spelling, my vision has gone funny right now, and it's kinda like a kaleidoscope...should I be scared?)

im calling the private stash theory here
TamotsuKun claimed The Worlds human Embryo
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users