VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Megurine Luka "...Baby One More Time" Britney Spears Cover - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Megurine Luka "...Baby One More Time" Britney Spears Cover Another Matt Cover

#1 User is offline   Azuru Icon

• Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

Haha. Great fit. Luka sounds nice here.
One day I shall have an amazing signature. This is not the day.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:OSTER-P

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

Eh it's not bad. (this matt were talking about I think everything he does is good) But it really up to par with his over cover.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#3 User is offline   Sultan Jafar Icon

• Valiant Knight of the Lucernae.
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling, Clean Tears <3

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

I actually didn't like this one that much (granted, I'm not a big fan of the original song anyway). I just felt like there was something odd about the pitch bends, like they were a bit overdone.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Hightower Icon

• ラブリナ
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:MineK

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

^ That's probably why I thought it sounded a little off.

However, I think some of the pitch bends where there to keep Luka from sounding flat.
Posted Image

△ x t r y k: Get a better grasp of the English language.

アウトオフズィッスワールドP's channel

#5 User is offline   spercnai Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

At first I fanboyed because I freaking love this song and Britney my childhood and instantly liked it. But after listening to it...it's not that great. It just sounds....too perfect. Luka and every other Vocaloid can't do the creaky voice thing not his fault. Her accent is very subtle but can still be heard on words carried over multiple notes. It sounds good for a Vocaloid cover but it's not nearly as good as the original.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Togepric Icon

• ★Togepi★
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:PinocchioP, LamazeP, UtataP

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Its quality yes but well...its Matt I've come to expect this from him so its kinda predictable. While I do like the songs he makes/Covers I'll have to say this one is kinda bad It sounds very much rushed.
"As its energy, it uses the feelings of compassion and pleasure exuded by people and Pokémon. It stores up happy feelings in its shell, then shares them out."Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Azuru Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

It;s a great cover.
But there is no way it could ever be as good as the original. I don't even think if Britney made a vocaloid herself it could pull of the way she sings her songs.
( going to be singing this all day...)
One day I shall have an amazing signature. This is not the day.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Risse Icon

• Officially certified to kick ass.
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Yuyoyuppe / Okame-P

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Well...it /is/ Matt9five, so I guess I kinda expected all the pitch bends and stuff. It's a great cover for Vocaloid standards like everyone else says, but personally I feel like it's a little too...breathy I guess? I can't really explain it. It also sort of sounds like Luka is just slurring her whole way through it, though that could just be because of the mixing.

It's still a wonderful cover, though. Better than I could ever do.
(●´ω`●)
君が未だ 笑ってる...
あの笑顔を

#9 User is offline   Matt9five Icon

• Lame-o
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:HanasoumenP, Kz, utataP

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh my, thank you for the compliments and critiques! I'll definitely think of those while editing my next cover. 8D
Although, The reason this probably sounds rushed is because I had to completely re-edit a majority of this song because Vocaloid3 did that error thing that doesn't allow you to save U n U
which made me rage and just rush through it while re-editing like "DGJHDGKJDHGJG Y U DO DIS VOCALOIIIIIIIID"

Also, I still don't know how to make Vocaloids do that weird moan-y thing Britney does in a lot of her songs OTL sorry
I've tried my hardest to figure it out, but everything just sounds wonky when I do it... D:

#10 User is offline   Togepric Icon

• ★Togepi★
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:PinocchioP, LamazeP, UtataP

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostMatt9five, on 30 March 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Although, The reason this probably sounds rushed is because I had to completely re-edit a majority of this song because Vocaloid3 did that error thing that doesn't allow you to save U n U
which made me rage and just rush through it while re-editing like "DGJHDGKJDHGJG Y U DO DIS VOCALOIIIIIIIID"

Don't worry Matt vocaloid is always wonky sometimes I understand how you feel...
"As its energy, it uses the feelings of compassion and pleasure exuded by people and Pokémon. It stores up happy feelings in its shell, then shares them out."Posted Image

#11 User is offline   sanekui Icon

• sad
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Kemu, Hachi, Scop

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

I liked it! Like, alot. And I'm not even that big of a Brittney fan.

....Or, rather, a fan of American music in general. But I grew up with Brittney, so yeah. XD

The only thing I didn't like was the "Oh baby baby" at the beginning. Luka sounded a bit bored...ish. Like, she wasn't into it. The rest was great, though!

And the picture is very sexy, I must say myself.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#12 Maple*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

OMG

I remember that song! I have such monster nostalgia. /fangasm

#13 User is offline   spercnai Icon

• Icon

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostMatt9five, on 30 March 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Oh my, thank you for the compliments and critiques! I'll definitely think of those while editing my next cover. 8D

Also, I still don't know how to make Vocaloids do that weird moan-y thing Britney does in a lot of her songs OTL sorry
I've tried my hardest to figure it out, but everything just sounds wonky when I do it... D:

It's ok Matt. I don't think it's possible to do the Britney moan. PERIOD. Well, it's probably possible in some 3rd party software.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Maple*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

Ooh, Matt, congrats on the use of devoiced vowels on this~ It makes a nice touch.

#15 User is offline   Byakuren Icon

• Galacup
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:Jin

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Dude if you can figure out how to replicate that moaning sound she makes I will be very much impressed(I've yet to see anyone pull off a sound like that with vocaloid like period).

Anyway, I listened to it when you had first uploaded it and I liked it, I also enjoy that you've been getting Kate to do the illustrations lately? I've been following her art for a long time so it's nice to see how much she's improved as well artistically.

There's something about Luka's voice that most producers these days do editting wise that makes me not -love- it as much as I used to when she was pretty new, I dunno, but she sounds pretty nice here to me. It's not hurting my ears or anything, and I understand her perfectly fine.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users