VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: The BIG ALbum - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The BIG ALbum

#1 User is offline   Hentai Icon

• |-| |ミ |\| "|" /-\ | -[]D
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

The BIG ALbum is Officially Released!

While every backer had early access to the album, the fifth track 'Just a Bit Lonely' was missing from the pre-release. Beyond that several of the other tracks were given another once over and have been remastered. You can get the update from the Kickstarter Download page using the download code that should have been emailed to you. If you have any difficulties or need your code re-issued feel free to contact us.

For all you non-backers The BIG ALbum is now available for FREE download through the Kodakami Bandcamp under the pay-what-you-want donation model. For free downloads simply fill in $0 for price, enter your email, and then select the format you would like to download it as. Bandcamp offers downloads in MP3 320, FLAC, MP3 VBR (V0), AAC, Ogg Vorbis or ALAC so it is bound to work on whatever device you own and for all you audiophiles out there the archival quality lossless format is just for you!

And as a final note we haven't forgotten about the 'bonus track'. Its a physical edition exclusive so ti find out exactly what it entails you will need to wait for the physical CD!

Stellar Factory 'Measure Up' PV

The good folks at Stellar Factory have once again teamed up with Kodakami to present to you an amazing PV featuring the fourth track in the album 'Measure Up'

For those of you unfamiliar with Stellar Factory they are a collaboration group of artists, illustrators, directors, and sfx magicians whose goal is to promote Vocaloid works from the West, and create high quality PVs (promotional videos) to original music. You can read more about this collab on their Engloids.Info press release.

Backer Update & Public Preorder

For all our backers that were wondering on the progress of the physical album fear not, updates are coming. Amazon Payments places all funds on a 2-week hold while they wait for everything to finish processing. This hold should lift by December 30th and once it does expect a survey to be forwarded to your email inbox asking for additional information so we can ship you your physical goods. From there expect regular updates on the progress of all the physical goods right up until shipping.

Posted Image

For all of you who missed the Kickstarter and would like to pre-order physical copies of The BIG ALbum we also have a general preorder available through the Kodakami Physical Products Store. Unfortunately free domestic & discounted international shipping was a Kickstarter exclusive promotion. We are keeping shipping fees as close to our actual cost as possible but if any Kickstarter backers would like to add extra copies or upgrade their reward-tier contact us so we can issue you a free-shipping or upgrade coupon code.

As a final note, the physical edition of the album will ONLY be available online through preorder. We will ship everything in one large batch and after that the only way to attain the physical CD will be through conventions or other live events.

Old News Post

Spoiler

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Warning: Due to the extreme nature of Hentai posted all posts now come with a disclaimer.

Free Hentai Available Here!

#2 User is offline   Tonio Icon

• @
  • Icon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

..wait, kickstarter doesn't accept Paypal? I want this ;_;

#3 User is offline   AkiGlancy Icon

• EmpathP
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

damn skippy, I'm buying the crap outta this album
My Precious Celtic Queen
Posted Image
Time for some DDR
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   Stormbringer Icon

• Icon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

come the 1st December (payday) i will get on board :) The Big Album :) cute!
oh never mind
For i thought Haiku a haku
bugger it all; Sake!

#5 galaco*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

You guys should have started the Kickstarter way earlier, or at least extend it (if you can). I really, really love the first song, it's pure gold, this will probably one of the albums I will actually buy to support the producer.

#6 User is offline   Hentai Icon

• Icon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Nope, the reason that Kickstarter does not support PayPal is because does not allow for pre-authorization, an important aspect of Kickstarter projects. What pre-authorization does is authorize possible payments for a specific date. This is important because Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.

Either you reach your funding goal and everyone is charged (at the end of the project, not when you make your pledge) or you miss the funding goal and no one is charged. If Koda can't pre-sell 50 CDs and raise the $500 necessary to get the physical CD published, then no one is charged anything and the CD just won't happen.

The downloadable version will likely still be released, but it would have been cool to have a Physical CD to put on the shelf, show/loan to friends, and see all the cool stuff Koda would have done with 8 panels of insert booklet.
Warning: Due to the extreme nature of Hentai posted all posts now come with a disclaimer.

#7 User is offline   Tonio Icon

• @
  • Icon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

okay ;_; who can i harass to buy me some and i'll pay him/her back in paypal
wait, let me try something, hope this works...

[edit]

alright! my Visa debit card worked :D

#8 User is offline   Dessert>desert Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Minato, Otetsu, yuukiss, river

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

^Now I need to go get a prepaid visa card, since I want to buy this. Also quick question, if Koda exceeds his goal, will he sell more physical cd albums of this, since they are selling quickly!
30-26-34 I wonder what these numbers are?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 User is offline   Hentai Icon

• Icon

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostDessert>desert, on 28 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

^Now I need to go get a prepaid visa card, since I want to buy this. Also quick question, if Koda exceeds his goal, will he sell more physical cd albums of this, since they are selling quickly!

The $500 Goal was made with the minimum order of 100 CDs + Booklets. With 100 being the minimum order needed to get the CD professionally published.

If we raise more than our goal then it will allow us to produce more CDs than than the minimum required. Ideally beyond the pre-orders we would want a bit 20 or so 'extra' so Koda could bring them along with him to conventions, to sell, autograph, trade with other Vocaloid Ps. etc.

#10 User is offline   Mantis128 Icon

• Hard work will prevail!
  • Icon
  • Producers:Micheal Bay

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Since Big Al is my favorite voice bank I'm super hyped for this. I'm hoping for one or two electronic tracks.

#11 User is offline   Hentai Icon

• Icon

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostDr 128, on 28 November 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Since Big Al is my favorite voice bank I'm super hyped for this. I'm hoping for one or two electronic tracks.

*big grin*

If you read Koda's Kickstarter, one of the stated goals of The BIG ALbum he states:

"[Big Al] boasts amazing clarity, is capable of tackling almost any genre, and has a level of utility not seen in rival VOCALOID voicebanks. With The BIG ALbum, I hope to showcase just some of this versatility."

Sadly, with this goal in mind, no two tracks on the ALbum are alike.

That being said Koda explores many new genres, several of which are ones that he hasn't experimented with before this album, at least one of those genres is Electronica.

#12 User is offline   Stormbringer Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

i put thirty down on it. can we get updates about when you are close to getting the funding necessary and when you have it?
oh never mind
bugger it all; Sake!

#13 galaco*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostStormbringer, on 30 November 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

i put thirty down on it. can we get updates about when you are close to getting the funding necessary and when you have it?

Kickstarter tells you, they need 500 and they have 334 dollars pledged right now.

Edit: Oh, if you're referring to email updates I don't think you can do that, maybe Kodakami might email you himself (if he gets the email) when he reaches the goal.

#14 User is offline   Stormbringer Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

thanks! Big Album has $136.00 to go guys! (as of 13:27 hrs CST on 30 Nov 2012.)
oh never mind
bugger it all; Sake!

#15 User is offline   Hentai Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Providing updates is definitely something we would like to do. In fact Kickstarter already has a system in place to notify backers on project progress. Under the project page is the 'Updates' tab, if you haven't backed the project if you subscribe it will send you an email whenever an update is posted, if you have backed it that is where updates will be posted and it should notify you in your email whenever a new one is added.

When we reach the funding goal I am gonna poke Koda and see if we can release another preview track via this Updates tab, don't want to release too much, there are certain songs that we will want to preserve the surprise for, but maybe I can get him to release the track that I commissioned/challenged him to fun. Its deliciously derpy and it is something you all would enjoy.

Once we know the project is a go we will definitely keep you all updated on how things are going on our end. Photos of the CD's progress, the proofs when we get it, and if we sell out the Premium Package preview what the USB drives might look like. We are looking to have custom USB drives made with "The BIG ALbum" written on the side, but the minimum order is 25, so we will have to see how many we actually sell before I can promise anything

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users