VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: UTAU General Discussion - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (76 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UTAU General Discussion

#1 galaco*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Because we need one, as usual this is just for stuff that just isn't big enough to warrant a thread.

I'll start, I just heard Koune Hey's voice (one of the Windows 100% UTAUs) and it's freaking amazing. This is the type of bank we need in VOCALOID. Here is the song I heard. Woah this was pinned quickly.

#2 Ant*

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Yes, we needed this topic. :V I heard that same video recently, man, his voice is awesome. I'd love a vocaloid like him.

#3 User is offline   Zombordan Icon

• What up, Muffet
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Location:Pushing up daisies six feet under in the choir invisible
  • Producers:MitchieM, Hachi, wowaka, kikuo

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Fun fact: I want to marry every voicebank that is shouty or has a shouty append.

I seriously want to get him, but I'm not sure how an overseas person goes about getting a Windows 100% UTAU legally.

What if someone made a song using him and Ritsu Kire, I would kill to hear a Bye Bye Sayonara cover with the both of them.

And his DESIGN, he looks like a shonen protagonist in the best way imaginable and his hair and his everything, I have to draw him, he's officially my favorite UTAU.

EDIT: he's voiced by kouhei NO WONDER I LOVE HIM.

and amazon jp the starter pack he's in costs twenty friggin dollars and a lot of other utau in there too so hey now i know what's on my wishlist this christmas
Headcanon Monster Express, with free multishipping available! (packages may contain nuts)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#4 User is offline   England Icon

• buff cheese
  • Icon
  • Producers:Kikuo, kemu, wowaka, nekobolo

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

amg finally a place to spam all of my utau stuff 8Y

I recorded an UTAU when I was sick, and I was wondering if I should continue... (only vowels)
Listen on Soundcloud.com

Also, can someone help me tune a cover with a really breathy utau? I've used a lot of envelopes to minimize the aspirated consonants, although this is going to be an extremely painful process if I have to do that to every 't' or 'k' or whatever...
Listen on Soundcloud.com
(She's Yua Raiden...go check her out, she's fabulous~)

I'm also having many difficulties timing and mixing e____e
Someone help me please? ;A; I want to publish this cover onto YT but the mixing and timing....is abysmal.
Listen on Soundcloud.com
(this is Linako Sonone ahaha)

Posted Image [3/2/2015 9:24:30 PM] Hansy Wansy ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ: You didn't do anything wrong. This is all me.

#5 Ant*

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Fffffff there was already an innocent girl UST. All that time wasted.

#6 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Producers:10daysP, cosMo, PutinP, hachi

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

ahh, I guess this was inevitable XD Vocaloid General Discussion was good, but I guess there was too much to cover : P

Fact: I bought all the Macnes that are available to buy for some reason, and Nana ended up being my favourite somehow : P I use SSYK more often, lately, though. Hey Zombro, if you buy 100% loids, we should team up or something. Like "we paid money for these guys, and we don't even give a shiiiiiiittttttttttttt"

@England: I was gonna say, your consonants aren't very clea- oh. If you can keep up that voicetype...I approooooveeeeeeee 8O How did you get her so strong sounding when you were sick? Is it just the UST that's fooling me? XD Is she gonna be chinese? Will you record english sounnnds, kyaaaa~~~well, anyways, you have one fan right here : P If you want someone to draw/concept her, I'd love that ;o; (I should post some new watercolours soon, it's been a whiiiillle). As for your cover with Raiden, what flags/resampler are you using? If it's a language/pronunciation issue, I can't help. But if it's a matter of harshness, then there's probably something in your flags settings that could help >_>;; As for the other one (Linako~~~<3). I wish I could help with timing/mixing, but I suck shit at those XD;; I think the timing might be a matter of the wrong tempo. It sounds fine at the beginning, but drifts away as the song goes on. You could try finding the correct tempo. Alternatively, maybe it'd be easier to split it up and move it over when it starts drifting off?

I posted a UTAU sample before. but I didn't see anyone say anything :'( I'm working on a more feminine bank too, but this one's closer to completion:

Listen on Soundcloud.com

That's me trying to sound like a dude. Ultimately, I've settled on "E" rather than "he" (lots of precedent for that...which is why I haven't been parading em around V_V;;) My plan is to make 10000000 alt-punk covers, but I have the attention span of a gnat, I'm terrible at finishing things. I've still been working on a present for you Ant, and I'll finish it someday V~V

happy UTAUing everyone ^^
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

#7 Ant*

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

@ A @ that sounds amazinggg. When did you post a sample before? I must have missed it. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard an UTAU from you before.

Lol you don't have to rush. I feel bad that your attempting to use my UTAU despite its shitty OTO. > w < I really need to sit down and fix that one day. :V

#8 User is offline   England Icon

• buff cheese
  • Icon

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostKit Wistful, on 02 December 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

@England: I was gonna say, your consonants aren't very clea- oh. If you can keep up that voicetype...I approooooveeeeeeee 8O How did you get her so strong sounding when you were sick? Is it just the UST that's fooling me? XD Is she gonna be chinese? Will you record english sounnnds, kyaaaa~~~well, anyways, you have one fan right here : P If you want someone to draw/concept her, I'd love that ;o; (I should post some new watercolours soon, it's been a whiiiillle). As for your cover with Raiden, what flags/resampler are you using? If it's a language/pronunciation issue, I can't help. But if it's a matter of harshness, then there's probably something in your flags settings that could help >_>;; As for the other one (Linako~~~<3). I wish I could help with timing/mixing, but I suck shit at those XD;; I think the timing might be a matter of the wrong tempo. It sounds fine at the beginning, but drifts away as the song goes on. You could try finding the correct tempo. Alternatively, maybe it'd be easier to split it up and move it over when it starts drifting off?

oAo ...wow i-i didn't think anyone would like the voice lol
It must have been fresamp or something because my samples didn't sound that strong to me. The UST is relatively empty in terms of pitchbends, and I didn't tune it at all xD
If I decide to record, I might make a Chinese bank o: Maybe even an English too =u=

I'm using g-9Y0H0B0C100 with her. uvu //random flags my friend told me would sound nice

Yeah...I best remix it...again...for the 3rd time :'D
Plus it sounds like she's singing on top of the instrumental, so that isn't too good....

Posted Image [3/2/2015 9:24:30 PM] Hansy Wansy ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ: You didn't do anything wrong. This is all me.

#9 User is offline   Zombordan Icon

• What up, Muffet
  • Icon

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostKit Wistful, on 02 December 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

Fact: I bought all the Macnes that are available to buy for some reason, and Nana ended up being my favourite somehow : P I use SSYK more often, lately, though. Hey Zombro, if you buy 100% loids, we should team up or something. Like "we paid money for these guys, and we don't even give a shiiiiiiittttttttttttt"

Yeah, we could totally make an UTAU original called "Worth It" using them.

And on another note, I posted that Hagane Hei video on Tumblr and WOW it got notes really quick (not a lot by tumblr standards, though, as of typing, it's up to 42 notes). It's also literally the only thing in the Hagane Hei tag, which I plan on flooding with fanart and stuff as soon as I'm able to get back to my art computer again.
Headcanon Monster Express, with free multishipping available! (packages may contain nuts)

Spoiler

#10 User is offline   hopeandjoy9 Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Hachi, mothy, cosMo, Neru

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Newest thing I've done. Main singer is Ijinne Piris with chorus sung by Ijinne Sarah and Ningyoune Jun.

Listen on Soundcloud.com
Ijiine Sarah with Piris in the chorus.

Listen on Soundcloud.com

Sorane Rana

@England:

For Matsudappoiyo's heart bank (basically his whisper bank)I use fresamp and BRE0Y0.

#11 User is offline   Kit Wistful Icon

• Adamant Hipster
  • Icon
  • Producers:10daysP, cosMo, PutinP, hachi

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

@Ant: It's taking a while 'cause I'm making the UST from scratch XD He hasn't given me much trouble.

I posted the sample originally in the Utau 4^-1 thread. It wasn't a good time/place : P That was the only time I ever posted any of my secret projects. I'm trying to keep mum about it, because the one I want to release first is the biggest project ;o; I'm glad that you like the sound vwv I'm happy with my baby so far. I know that producers will think the world of their UTAUs (any time I see a range like "A1-C7", especially on a single pitch - LOL). But I think the success of that project, is that e is able to be applied in both a masculine and a feminine way. At least, it seems that way to my biased brain XP

@England: I'd see how it sounds without Y, H, or C. Y has something to do with the breathiness of the "consonant". Y0 is a pretty standard flag in any given CV cocktail...here's the UTAU manual writeup on it:

The part outside of the fixed range in consonants is called breathiness. (Details are omitted.)
By specifying a small value like e.g. Y0, the breathiness part of consonnants becomes relatively stronger, and the articulation is considered to be better. (As a side effect, noise appears that makes high notes sounding metallic, thus increase the flag value, or adjust simultaneously the H low-pass filter described below.)
Note: If you use a continuous sound source, specifying a small value like e.g. Y0 causes noise, so please leave it to the default value Y100.

Make of that what you will. As for H and C, they're supposed to be low-pass filters. I've seen H0 used as a standard, I'm not sure what it's supposed to do >__O setting C100 cuts out most of the high-frequencies, where the sound of consonant articulation is. H is the same deal, and I'm not sure how setting H to 0 and C to 100 is interpreted.

Anyways, try it without Y H and C and see what happens. Other than that, I'd say that breathy loids don't need as much vibrato as stronger loids. And adding some big BRE or little b improves the sound of the breathiness, in my experience (too high, and you get robot breathing. Too low, and you have sand-trapped-in-the-UTAU's-voice).

Good luck b)*v*)b

@Zombro: the chorus goes, "woooorth it, hell yeah it's worth it. Wooorth it, I have a commercial liceeense. Woorth it....don't tell me this purchase didn't make sense. Woorth it, I'm not like Ritsu, but obviously I'm worth it!"

@..hey, hopeandjoy9. There is some kawaii way to shorten your username. And some other day, I will find it.

Piris has a lovely mature sound to her voice ;o; that just gets me. I think you pushed Rana a little too high, though TToTT

I'm using indents now. Tell me how I'm doing. Edit: Preview button is a virtue
YT Listing and Soundcloud (so that you may assess where I am musically), my vocaloid drawing/redesign thread (So that you can assess where I am, visual-artistically), I'm likely to have not updated either since 12/30/2012 and now you know what to expect from me 8 |

#12 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

• Protector of Puns
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:mayuko

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'm glad there's a thread for UTAU general discussion now. I've been dying to see a nice focused thread on people around here working in UTAU.

I guess I can dump in this. It's the WiP demo for my UTAU. Timing things in UTAU is really hard, and even the MIDI I made was really off-time. Funny thing is the OTO isn't entirely finished and the FRQ files and OTO file doesn't want to actually appear within the folder so she just sits and collects dust when I'm not trying to fix this UST.
Listen on Soundcloud.com

What came in handy was an UTAU plug-in which lets you play a WAV file along with the UST, so it's useful for timing, but most of the time you have to play it from the beginning unless you're good with setting the offset for the WAV to time it from where you are. It's useful for short songs like that, at least~

But if this goes well, INA is planned for a re-recording (maybe or maybe not as VCV this time) then an English bank (with accented sounds for that Scottish accent all over more things) and maybe Scots Gaelic, if I feel like pulling my uncle up on the phone to give me pronunciation help.

owned vocaloids: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
youtube: cluemily // twitter: cluemily // soundcloud: cluemily
skype: icelilac1 || line: cluemily || discord: cluemily#4865
*I must know who you are before accepting.

#13 User is offline   Zombordan Icon

• What up, Muffet
  • Icon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

@Kitty: I dunno, since they're all Japanese, wouldn't it be more like them speaking Japanese and in the chorus they chant "WAZU IT" and lead into other lines in the chorus? I guess it could ALL be Engrished, but I dunno.

I'll also need more RAM for my computer, it's pretty low and I've already cleared out all the things I wasn't using and that were just taking up space. And does it say how much space the Windows 100% UTAU take up, because I think all of them are VCV, some with CV supplements and there's extras in there like I think at least one MMD model and other things like that, so yeah, this Christmas I'm asking for Japanese voice synthesizers and more RAM, like I wasn't already a huge nerd.

Spoiler

#14 User is offline   England Icon

• buff cheese
  • Icon

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostCluemily, on 02 December 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

I guess I can dump in this. It's the WiP demo for my UTAU. Timing things in UTAU is really hard, and even the MIDI I made was really off-time. Funny thing is the OTO isn't entirely finished and the FRQ files and OTO file doesn't want to actually appear within the folder so she just sits and collects dust when I'm not trying to fix this UST.
Listen on Soundcloud.com

Hmm, the oto does seem quite a bit ways off. Most timing issues in an .ust will pop up if the oto is off. Even if the ust was on time before o3o This is what happened with a HFAVHP cover my friend made....the ust would never be ontime until he actually fixed the oto a ton.

This may not be happening with you, but it's based on personal experience "(_ _)"

Also, thanks for all help everyone ;u;

#15 User is offline   Dessert>desert Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Minato, Otetsu, yuukiss, river

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

I love love love that first post. I must hunt down that utau, and find more songs of his!

Also, since that new utau upgrade is out, is it easier to use utau now with it? (I've never used utau before so I don't know what difference the upgrade makes besides getting rid of needing patches for english.)
30-26-34 I wonder what these numbers are?
Posted ImagePosted Image

• (76 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users