VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: AyuRox/WinterdrivE's WIP Dump - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (4 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AyuRox/WinterdrivE's WIP Dump May 31: MOTHER OST Pollyanna Sinsy cover

#1 User is offline   AyuRox Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Though "dump" seems too gentle a term. My WIPs need an entire waste management facility.

But anyways, since I've been uploading/wanting to upload more WIPs, I figured it'd make more sense to just make a thread and keep them all in one place rather than spamming the heck out of the Campus.

STEP TO YOU w/ Rin ACT2 (40mP cover)
http://soundcloud.com/winterdrive/step-to-you-wip
Everything past 3:15 is untuned. Miku is still singing the harmonies, but I do have Rin's harmonies written out, they're just untuned as well. I'm trying to figure out the right combination of equalization & compression to bring her consonants out. atm I think its over-EQed

Strobe Nights w/ SONiKA (Kz/Livetune cover)
http://soundcloud.com/winterdrive/strobe-nights-wip
Everything past 3:15 has no pitch editing, except for the last line. I actually started this a long, long time ago and am debating finishing it since I only have one SONiKA cover. Let me know what you think. I cannot seem to get SONiKA to pronounce [@U] with an American accent to save my life, so thats why almost all her [@U]s sound weird, cuz I was trying to get her to pronounce it differently. I'm pretty sure her voice provider was trying to fake an American accent when recording SONiKA cuz some of her samples are more American, and some more British. Either that or its just some strange characteristic about how she's recorded (like Big Al's excessive over-pronunciation) or its the engine, idk.

#2 User is offline   ZappierChris Icon

• v4 Flower!
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:nakano4, sasakure.UK

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Wow Strobo Nights sounds beautiful <3

SONiKA sounds amazing, what ever you do, it's the best i've ever heard SONiKA sing!~ She's so clear and understandable!

I really cant wait to see more :O

#3 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

.....why must you make me feel like a lazy ass....

They are sounding really good. and I swear by weeks end I will finish those edits for you. I just have a lot of school work at the moment.

edit:
Also how on earth did you get rid of Sonika's background hiss? I can never figure this out.

#4 User is offline   AyuRox Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

^ trust me, this is a strange productive high for me. I'm sure I'll hit a point real soon where I get nothing done.

And its fine, breathe, take your time, I really don't care when I get them.

Background... hiss...? uh? I never noticed she had one. O_o (it doesn't surprise me, though, cuz she has all kinds of audio glitches) but I can tell you what I did to her. Compression (I've started using Blockfish recently, which doesn't have any specific values I can give you), High pass w/ 12 dB roll-off at 200 Hz, Low pass w/ 12 dB roll-off at 12000 Hz, EQ to raise 4000-10000 a few dBs and >10000 slightly whith a spike at 8000 to try to help her list. And I think thats about it. But I'm thinking having the CLE too high in the Singer Editor might bring out any kind of hiss that's present.

But thank you both for your comments. I appreciate it :D

#5 User is offline   Falsett Icon

• Falsett
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

For Sonika's [@U], you can break it up to [O:] and a short [u:]?
She sounded slightly more American that way.

#6 User is offline   AyuRox Icon

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

^ that works with every VOCALOID that actually pronounces [O:] as, well, [O:], that is, which a British accent. (So, every other English VOCALOID I own) But SONiKA actually pronounces her [O:] as [A]/[Q], with an American accent (most of the time) thats what most of the [@U]s in that WIP are, cuz that's what I do with the other VOCALOIDs I own, but with SONiKA it ends up sounding... wrong. there's not really anything to compare it to, except for maybe a really strange [aU].

I've come to the conclusion that English VOCALOIDs desperately need an [o] phoneme. Mostly because VOCALOID's [@U] is actually [oU] in an American accent. Either that or they need to bring the resonance parameters back.

but I still thin a universal VOCALOID that includes all vowels and all consonants (as in ALL. Period. not just limited to one language) would be interesting. Of course I'm well aware that this isn't a realistic project at all since it'd probably take a decade to record and cost $5,000,000.

[edit]
Some of her [@U]s are actually [oU] (which goes back to my strange American-British hybrid accent statement) I just have to figure out what I can do to make them all [oU]... :/

#7 User is offline   Falsett Icon

• Falsett
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostAyuRox, on 26 February 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

^ that works with every VOCALOID that actually pronounces [O:] as, well, [O:], that is, which a British accent. (So, every other English VOCALOID I own) But SONiKA actually pronounces her [O:] as [A]/[Q], with an American accent (most of the time) thats what most of the [@U]s in that WIP are, cuz that's what I do with the other VOCALOIDs I own, but with SONiKA it ends up sounding... wrong. there's not really anything to compare it to, except for maybe a really strange [aU].

I've come to the conclusion that English VOCALOIDs desperately need an [o] phoneme. Mostly because VOCALOID's [@U] is actually [oU] in an American accent. Either that or they need to bring the resonance parameters back.

but I still thin a universal VOCALOID that includes all vowels and all consonants (as in ALL. Period. not just limited to one language) would be interesting. Of course I'm well aware that this isn't a realistic project at all since it'd probably take a decade to record and cost $5,000,000.

[edit]
Some of her [@U]s are actually [oU] (which goes back to my strange American-British hybrid accent statement) I just have to figure out what I can do to make them all [oU]... :/

Urk...
I'm pretty new with Engloids so I can't help much in terms of finding a creative solution for their pronunciation...I'll try different combos, but I'm not sure if I can be of much help.
I modified paranoia.vsq with Sonika and my American friend said she can understand only 30% of her...
http://www.mediafire...o8243t6lscv1z64

Edit:
Wait wait, maybe [@U][w] sounds a bit more like a muddled o?
I tried it just now with "show":
[S][@U][w]
with the [w] phoneme being the shortest. Not a great difference but slightly getting there...

EditII:
Ok tried again with "show" for example but
[S][O@][- u:]
the vowel sounds really muddy but if you raise the CLE it should be OK? It's definitely better than @U at least.

#8 User is offline   AyuRox Icon

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

^ the upside of her [O:] being pronounced more American is that it can be interchanged with [Q]. Half the [Q]s in that strobe nights WIP are actually [O:]. For example, "Star" in the first line is [s th O: r]

And uh, i'd love to look at that, but I need a VSQ. TT_TT

#9 User is offline   Falsett Icon

• Falsett
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostAyuRox, on 26 February 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

^ the upside of her [O:] being pronounced more American is that it can be interchanged with [Q]. Half the [Q]s in that strobe nights WIP are actually [O:]. For example, "Star" in the first line is [s th O: r]

And uh, i'd love to look at that, but I need a VSQ. TT_TT

http://www.mediafire...1zj5k57eh18f13l
Tried a few odd shows...

#10 User is offline   AyuRox Icon

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

^ And again, I can't open VSQxs.

But the unfortunate thing about SONiKA is that just because you can fix her pronunciation in one syllable doesn't mean you can fix it the same way in another syllable. Its simply because she's so inconsistent.

#11 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostAyuRox, on 26 February 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

[edit]

Couldn't you use maybe some kind of third party filter to help with her @U? Which that kind of makes me wonder why hasn't someone made a plugin with the resonance from V1 for V3? I don't think it would be impossible. (Or even all that difficult since when I did a google search I found a couple of home made versions of the effect as VST plug ins for FL-Studios)

#12 User is offline   Falsett Icon

• Falsett
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'm really sorry I thought you meant just
no I'm sorry here they are:
http://www.mediafire...zo1l4ko4ybvr24x [show examples]
http://www.mediafire...5z1xhndd2p1u1ng [paranoia wip]

#13 User is offline   AyuRox Icon

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

^ asodivhnopuiserhnfoihn My school's internet is being a butt and I'm having the hardest time downloading these. I got the Paranoia VSQ. I just gotta try to get the show one, now.

Regarding the paramoia VSQ, yeah, you gotta do more than that. (And I don't mean that in a condescending "try harder" kind of way) Its unfortunate that that much editing is necessary, but its gotta happen to make her more understandable. just keep in mind that the VOCALOID dictionary's default pronunciation is not always correct. For example, "and" & "end" are usually pronounced the same way, as [e n] or [e n d]. "Can't" and "can" are also two common words th default pronunciation of which I find to be inaccurate, as "can" should be [kh e n] and "can't" should be [kh e @ n t]. Also, splitting up diphthongs can help, which i can see you've already done some of.

Just out of curiosity, what dialect/accent of English do you speak/are you most familiar with?

And I'll probably have more to add, but atm my mind is clouded with hunger, and thus I shall procure lunch.

#14 User is offline   Falsett Icon

• Falsett
  • Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostAyuRox, on 26 February 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

^ asodivhnopuiserhnfoihn My school's internet is being a butt and I'm having the hardest time downloading these. I got the Paranoia VSQ. I just gotta try to get the show one, now.

Regarding the paramoia VSQ, yeah, you gotta do more than that. (And I don't mean that in a condescending "try harder" kind of way) Its unfortunate that that much editing is necessary, but its gotta happen to make her more understandable. just keep in mind that the VOCALOID dictionary's default pronunciation is not always correct. For example, "and" & "end" are usually pronounced the same way, as [e n] or [e n d]. "Can't" and "can" are also two common words th default pronunciation of which I find to be inaccurate, as "can" should be [kh e n] and "can't" should be [kh e @ n t]. Also, splitting up diphthongs can help, which i can see you've already done some of.

Just out of curiosity, what dialect/accent of English do you speak/are you most familiar with?

And I'll probably have more to add, but atm my mind is clouded with hunger, and thus I shall procure lunch.

/openly weeps
Yeah I'm not too familiar with English phonemes quite yet so much learning to do!
The [kh e @ n t] really helped though, so I'll edit a lot more.
I guess I could understand her because I practically memorized the lyrics, hm.

I learned English in Hawaii, so that Pacific regional dialect?
But I've been in OH for 5+ years now so maybe I picked up on that a bit more.
I do notice I have a bit of an accent somewhere, though.

#15 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostFalsett, on 26 February 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

/openly weeps
Yeah I'm not too familiar with English phonemes quite yet so much learning to do!
The [kh e @ n t] really helped though, so I'll edit a lot more.
I guess I could understand her because I practically memorized the lyrics, hm.

I learned English in Hawaii, so that Pacific regional dialect?
But I've been in OH for 5+ years now so maybe I picked up on that a bit more.
I do notice I have a bit of an accent somewhere, though.

*is jelly and also feels like I am butting in*

Ar least you don't have a southern/western drawl like me. Makes for doing anything out side of country very difficult. But I always thought that the words "and" and "end" were different in sound with "and" having a more nasal sound.

• (4 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users