VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Piapro Studio thread: Tutorials, Tips, and Updates - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (26 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Piapro Studio thread: Tutorials, Tips, and Updates Need help with Piapro Studio? You've come to the right place!

#16 User is offline   ZappierChris Icon

• v4 Flower!
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:nakano4, sasakure.UK

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Can't you draw pitchbends onto a midi, then import it?

It lets me do that with VOCALOID3, sometimes when I import midi's they have pitchbends already.

#17 User is offline   Venova Icon

• Everyone should see The End
  • Icon
  • Producers:K.Shibuya, Mitchie M, LamazeP

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yes I'm pretty sure that does work, but that's only pitch bend - Vocaloid has a lot more automation channels. Maybe I could do some experiments and see if expression pedal or aftertouch automation gets mapped in Piapro somehow, though my keyboard is broken right now so I'd have to draw some curves in Studio One and see. Anyways it would be great if that was directly supported to be mapped to midi cc in Piapro or V3 - then you could automate several of them together at once too instead of just one at a time drawing with the pencil tool.

#18 User is offline   Crow425 Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

The interface looks so much easier on the eyes compared to the standard V3 editor, I'm guessing you can't get this software unless you buy it as a package from any related product of CFM from what I've read so far. Would definitely move to this since they are now compatible to all existing voicebanks if they do finally support an independent release for it.

#19 User is offline   Venova Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

Yes all Crypton V3's include it! Indeed it's cleaner looking, afaik theres a handful of things it still lacks compared to V3 Editor, but most of those don't really relate to the performance of the Vocaloid. I like it alot though, and it's nice having the little singer icons too, you can even change them to custom ones - sortof makes it feel more like your working with a little singer in your computer :) I would like for it to be able to run standalone though, just as a convenience factor. Sometimes I don't need to work on the rest of my song and just the vocals - having wav import for a rendered bgm track and being able to open Piapro as just an EXE or in some kind of Crypton-designed ultra barebones loader host would be nice. I know there are ways to do that already but I'd rather have that sort of thing directly integrated and supported. Maybe next year after Rin/Len they'll focus on improving Piapro for a while. Also a few things with the interface can be annoying, the behavior of zoom for example - if your zoomed out slightly too far, you will be unable to resize notes, yet you can still create new ones and size them as normal - zooming in a tiny bit more will enable the resizing again. And as I mentioned before midi learn support would be nice for entering automation and also for using controller transport controls - it would also be nice to be able to "play" the Vocaloid on the keyboard, just as La La La's when notes were entered, so there was no delay, and it would be quicker for finding the right notes and key than dragging in the piano roll, or be greatly helpful when composing directly from Piapro rather than importing a midi track from the DAW.

#20 User is offline   NightingaleP Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Machigerita, Yuyoyuppe, mothy

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

View PostVenova, on 24 May 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

I would like to see MIDI controller support in Piapro, especially for entering automation data. Being able to write automation curves with a fader, wheel, or knob, while playing through the song would be extremely useful and allow much more expression. I realize this probably can't be done in realtime due to the Vocaloid engine needing quite a bit of pre-render time, but even just being able to write the automation data like that with no immediate feedback would be very useful - and then when you played through it a 2nd time you would hear the results, and could go in and manually make tweaks with the pencil tool etc.

I need help. Piapro Studio won't show up in Studio One.. is there a certain place I'm supposed to put everything for it? It's especially confusing because although I downloaded it and everything, the only thing that shows it as an application is the Auto-Updater. Sorry to bother, and Thank You!

#21 User is offline   Venova Icon

• Icon

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostNightingaleP, on 31 May 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

I need help. Piapro Studio won't show up in Studio One.. is there a certain place I'm supposed to put everything for it? It's especially confusing because although I downloaded it and everything, the only thing that shows it as an application is the Auto-Updater. Sorry to bother, and Thank You!

If your using the Piapro Edition of Studio One Artist included with a CFM V3, you must install Piapro Studio to it's default location - changing this at all will cause the Piapro Edition of Studio One Artist to not see it, as it is hardcoded or in some registry value or something. Artist can't load VST's, so it won't see it from the system's VST folder, it will only know the default install location for Piapro - try uninstalling/reinstalling Piapro Studio to it's default install location and see if that works. I originally was intending to install all of this stuff to my 2nd disk, but then discovered Piapro wasn't showing up - I reinstalled everything fully but I think that's probably not necessary, try just reinstalling Piapro to the default location and that should work. If your using a normal version of Studio One Artist (not the Piapro Edition branded one included with CFM V3s), you will be unable to load Piapro because Artist disables 3rd party VST loading. The exception is when it is bundled with other software, then that bundled version of Studio One Artist will be modified to enable the loading of any specific item it was bundled with, as is the case with the Piapro Edition. If that's the case for you, uninstall Studio One and reinstall the Piapro Edition of it from your CFM V3 download or disc.

If Piapro worked before and no longer does, I'm not sure what to tell you, it may have broken from it's auto updater, which happened to me once and I think I posted about it above in this thread, or maybe it was in a new one elsewhere - to fix it I just reinstalled it and used the manual updater available from Crypton's support site or the distributor. Hope this helps a bit, good luck!

#22 User is offline   NightingaleP Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostDessert>desert, on 23 May 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

I hope they do a mini series on this, this video is really basic like you said.
But at least it's got a song file sample for people to download.

Can you please show/tell how you set up Piapro Studio one Studio One? I've tried many things and they have yet to work.

#23 User is offline   Dessert>desert Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Minato, Otetsu, yuukiss, river

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

^Its very easy, all you need to do is install studio one first, then look for the piapro studio vst and add it to the vst program folders.

#24 User is offline   Venova Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

You must install Piapro to it's default install location or Studio One Artist Piapro Edition will not see it. This is denoted in a Crypton FAQ on the Piapro site.

#25 User is offline   NightingaleP Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostVenova, on 03 June 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

You must install Piapro to it's default install location or Studio One Artist Piapro Edition will not see it. This is denoted in a Crypton FAQ on the Piapro site.

I've reinstalled both Studio One and Piapro Studio, is there something I have to do to make it Piapro Edition? Or is the regular download from the CD already Piapro Edition? Sorry, I'm not good with this stuff. And everything is in default locations. (and sorry for the two comments, I'm new to this website. XD)

ALSO
I really like your song, congratulations! Could you put the lyrics in the description, please? .u. ^w^

This post has been edited by NightingaleP: 05 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

#26 User is offline   Venova Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

If you own the boxed version of your Crypton Vocaloid, the Studio One disk included is the Piapro Edition, using any other installer of Studio One will not be Piapro Edition and there should be no way to make it one, at least not that I know of or can think of. If you have the download version, that download of Studio One should also be the Piapro Edition, you can tell if it is because it will have the Piapro Studio logo on the header on the start screen:

Spoiler

If you don't see that it's not the Piapro Edition, I'm not sure what could be wrong if you've reinstalled it to default places etc :(

Oh and thanks! Maybe I'll put them up in my post about it in the songs forum.

#27 User is offline   NightingaleP Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostVenova, on 05 June 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

If you own the boxed version of your Crypton Vocaloid, the Studio One disk included is the Piapro Edition, using any other installer of Studio One will not be Piapro Edition and there should be no way to make it one, at least not that I know of or can think of. If you have the download version, that download of Studio One should also be the Piapro Edition, you can tell if it is because it will have the Piapro Studio logo on the header on the start screen:

Spoiler

If you don't see that it's not the Piapro Edition, I'm not sure what could be wrong if you've reinstalled it to default places etc :(

Oh and thanks! Maybe I'll put them up in my post about it in the songs forum.

I downloaded Studio One then, Piapro Studio. Do I have to do it in a certain order? I don't see the Piapro Studio logo, although my disk says "Artist Piapro Edition"

EDIT
Thank You so much! I thought I had to pay for the full version so I just got the free one, but I noticed it said, "Click here to upgrade or get YOUR full version" meaning I don't have to pay for it! I'm so sorry!!

This post has been edited by NightingaleP: 05 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

#28 User is offline   Venova Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Oh so you got it working now I hope? :) Great!

#29 User is offline   NightingaleP Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostVenova, on 05 June 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Oh so you got it working now I hope? :) Great!

Yes! Thank You~~ ^u^

#30 User is offline   TsusZeus Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Spoiler

even after i did all that the .dll files appear like separate vst plugins and wont run = =;; i've been at it for like 2hrs can you explain what to do after cuz i dont get it @_@

• (26 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users