VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: How to use EVEC in VOCALOID4 Editor - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to use EVEC in VOCALOID4 Editor

#1 User is offline   Matt1998 Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:Giga-P, Circus-P

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

You all know that a demo of Luka V4X HARD voicebank has been released. I researched EVEC a little bit and I found this!

I learned how to properly use EVEC, and the best way is in Vocaloid4 Editor! The EVEC are just recorded vowels. In Piapro, the note is devided in 2 or 3 parts, depending on setting. The fisrt part will always be your consonant and the main vowel. The second part is where EVEC comes in action! That part contains the EVEC vowel under this form: vowel#number. The number can be anything from 1 to 6, a +, a - or an F. The last part is the release. It's the very end of the note and looks like this: *#1/*#2. Piapro automaticly sets it for you, but in the main Vocaloid 4 Editor you can edit it exactly how you want! The only downside is that an EVEC vowel works only after a normal vowel: [a] [a#5](this is Power1). For ka will be like this: [ka] [a#5] and if we want release will be like this: [ka] [a#5] [*#2]. I hope I helped you all with this!

Here is the list of EVECs and their coressponding phonemes(_ being replaced with a vowel):
_#1-Whisper
_#2-Soft
_#3-Husky
_#4-Native
_#5-Power1
_#6-Power2
_#+ -Cute
_#- -Dark
_#F-Falsetto
*#1- Short release
*#2- Long Release

It takes a lot to do it in V4 Editor, but it's the only thing besides Piapro Studio in which you can work...

#2 User is offline   ЯΔïNY# Icon

• YamaHiro ApologisT
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

can I have a picture with it? Kinda confused bc what I see in Piapro Studio is something like [k a|a#2|*#2] sort

Also this works doesn't it (what am I asking here)

also for 'consonant expansion' you add it at the consonant eg [k*2 a],[k*3 a],[k*4 a]

#3 User is offline   Eenkin Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:13 AM

^Basically, the Vocaloid editor treats it as seperate notes instead of Piapro Studio where it's all a singular note. So what you have up there would be [k a][a#2][*#2] instead where [a#2] would be the longest note of the three.

If you've got any automatic vibrato that extends let's say up to [k a], the V4 editor would then just turn the other two notes into 100% vibrato length with the remaining length put into [k a].

Here's what "ru" would look like with a dark EVEC and a long release.
Posted Image

When importing from Piapro Studio, it'll call the EVEC's as "$EVEC(BLHLF757PKWR4LDC)" in the lyrics. However, as long as the phonemes are protected, you can just call the lyrics whatever you want.

By the way, this separate note thing also works on Piapro Studio. There's even a "Seperate EVEC note" function in the note menu.

V4 does not do [4*4 a] for x4 the consonant exptension. It'll convert it to [4 4 4 4 a] (that looks like a glitch waiting to happen). The number you select in the multiplier would equal the number of times you insert the consonant, so x2([4*2]) would be [4 4] and x3([4*3]) would be [4 4 4]

By the way, you are free to extend any of the notes.
The benefit of this is choosing when the EVEC starts. If you extend the end breaths (Voice Release), she can hold it out for awhile albeit very quietly.

You cannot do something like [M#1] by itself. The previous phoneme must be the same vowel phoneme (no [M][a#1]) and the two notes must be adjacent or near to each other (EVEC can have less than 1/16 length of empty space in between for it to work).

You can have a [-] phoneme between the regular note and the EVEC Voice Color note(e.g. [4 a][-][a#1]), but it must be a quarter note (1/4 length) or less for it to work. However, you can bypass this by having multiple [-] notes as long as each one is a quarter note long or less (e.g. [4 a][-][-][-][-][a#1] can work)

Needless to say, you can have a [-] after an EVEC note for notebending purposes(e.g. [4 a][a#1][-})

You can't stack two EVEC Voice Color notes next to each other. In [4 a][a#1][a#2], [a#2] won't work even with a [-] before it. If you want to switch Voice Colors, it has to be [4 a][a#1][a][a#2]. You can also do [4 a][a#1][- a][a#2].

If you switch to the regular Hard voicebank, the notes will still play but it'll treat it as the EVEC Voice Color notes as normal vowel notes ([a#1],[a#2][a#F], etc. will sould like regular [a]). However, the end breaths (Voice Release) phonemes still work regardless.

#4 User is offline   Rinosha.X Icon

• aaaa....
  • Icon
  • Producers:Wowaka DECO*27

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostRV 01 Matt, on 08 March 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

You all know that a demo of Luka V4X HARD voicebank has been released. I researched EVEC a little bit and I found this!

I learned how to properly use EVEC, and the best way is in Vocaloid4 Editor! The EVEC are just recorded vowels. In Piapro, the note is devided in 2 or 3 parts, depending on setting. The fisrt part will always be your consonant and the main vowel. The second part is where EVEC comes in action! That part contains the EVEC vowel under this form: vowel#number. The number can be anything from 1 to 6, a +, a - or an F. The last part is the release. It's the very end of the note and looks like this: *#1/*#2. Piapro automaticly sets it for you, but in the main Vocaloid 4 Editor you can edit it exactly how you want! The only downside is that an EVEC vowel works only after a normal vowel: [a] [a#5](this is Power1). For ka will be like this: [ka] [a#5] and if we want release will be like this: [ka] [a#5] [*#2]. I hope I helped you all with this!

Here is the list of EVECs and their coressponding phonemes(_ being replaced with a vowel):
_#1-Whisper
_#2-Soft
_#3-Husky
_#4-Native
_#5-Power1
_#6-Power2
_#+ -Cute
_#- -Dark
_#F-Falsetto
*#1- Short release
*#2- Long Release

It takes a lot to do it in V4 Editor, but it's the only thing besides Piapro Studio in which you can work...

I still don't understand,where do I write a#+?
when I put lyrics it's like this
[a [a] ]
where do I write it?
please replay fast >.<

#5 User is offline   ShakeSapir Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:40mP, Giga-P,

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:16 PM

I still don't understand,where do I write a#+?
when I put lyrics it's like this
[a [a] ]
where do I write it?
please replay fast >.<

Right click on the note and choose note property. Than for the lyric (I'm giving an example) 'a' write in the phonetic 'a#1' or 'a#2' or '*#1' and etc.
I hope it will help you :)

#6 User is offline   Eenkin Icon

• Icon

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostShakeSapir, on 15 September 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

Right click on the note and choose note property.

Or just CTRL+R and it'll switch to editing phonemes for each note rather than editing the lyrics. In my opinion, this is much faster since you do it directly onto the note rather than having to open a dialogue box for each one.

#7 User is offline   ShakeSapir Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:40mP, Giga-P,

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:44 PM

View PostEenkin, on 15 September 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

Or just CTRL+R and it'll switch to editing phonemes for each note rather than editing the lyrics. In my opinion, this is much faster since you do it directly onto the note rather than having to open a dialogue box for each one.

Didn't knew that because i'm new to this program so thank you, learned something new =)
By the way for people who want to know Len and Rin support #2, #6, *#1 and *#2

#8 User is offline   VY218 Icon

• ένα σπάνιο είδος
  • Icon
  • Producers:Uramanbou

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:35 AM

Its too hard to make it to me ;_;
-The RED copy of VY2-

Fanclubs :D
I in:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Founder of:
no one cares ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

plz dont open this spoiler ;)
Spoiler

#9 User is offline   Batikky Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Samfree , Giga-P , 164, Neru

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:03 AM

View PostShakeSapir, on 25 September 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

By the way for people who want to know Len and Rin support #2, #6, *#1 and *#2

For me Rin isn't supporting *#1 or *#2.

Vocaloid's I have:
Posted Image S2 Posted Image Posted Image( all of them - less act 1 ) Posted Image ( v3 and v4 ) Posted Image (NEO)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vocaloid's I want:
Posted ImagePosted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sprites by Haneoka

my youtube Batikky
my deviant art Batikky
my soundcloud Batikky
my twitter @batlovesikky
my tumblr Batikky

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users