VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Alter/Ego from Plogue (アルター・エゴ) - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alter/Ego from Plogue (アルター・エゴ) New non-vintage synthesiser

#181 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:31 PM

View PostSomebodyrandom, on 20 December 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

Old Miku V2 become a lot more digital at faster tempos, so sounded more robotic to them... This much I do know.

Every heard that robot from Buck Rogers? yeah, I'll forever bring him up in regards to Vocaloid. focus on that nonsense noise he makes before sentances. To me this is how fast tempo'ed Vocaloid song often sound even now. I don't rate Vocaloid as too realistic at a certain speed.

I know Two-faced lovers, isn't one of her most realistic sounding songs.

Saying that... Bones has a nice realistic tone when he sing certain note length. Marie Orks is not so good, but you still get an effect. If you hold down the key for AE vocals for a length and then, without letting go, hit a second... You get something. Actually Marie has a better effect here then Bones...

Well Risky Game isn't even that fast of a song. Its BPM is only about 130.But yes I have noticed that he does get a bit of an auto tune sound when he has to sing the more cluttered parts.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#182 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

AE still has a way to go... But it seems to be getting off now onto its feet. This time last year we had only Daisy with us and mythical potential vocals we barely knew much about... And Alys' company was starting to make some like me skeptical of everything they were saying.
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#183 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:03 AM

Well I do have one question though I'm not sure if there is an anwser. Bone's seems to be kinda like Luka after playing with him for about 3 days. His Japanese voice is pretty powerful but his english bank is on the quieter side. Does anyone know a good way to increase the strength on it? The other cover I'm doing has some english and I would like to use his actual english bank instead of engrishing it with his japanese bank.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#184 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

• Protector of Puns
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:mayuko

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

Try using the more open consonants.
E instead of e
a instead of A

Things like that. Also turn down the breath and tune powerfully (big vibratos, etc.).
owned vocaloids: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
youtube: cluemily // twitter: cluemily // soundcloud: cluemily
skype: icelilac1 || line: cluemily || discord: cluemily#4865
*I must know who you are before accepting.

#185 User is offline   thatguy Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Obscure artists

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:05 AM

How do you control the por in Alter ego. Im trying to use bones english and the next notes pitch comes in halfway between the note being played

#186 User is offline   D Smolken Icon

• Papa Ork
  • Icon

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:25 AM

View Postthatguy, on 23 December 2016 - 05:05 AM, said:

How do you control the por in Alter ego. Im trying to use bones english and the next notes pitch comes in halfway between the note being played

There's no portamento timing, instead you get glide time (for notes which are not legato, but not separated by a silence marked by a period in the lyrics) and legato glide (same thing, but for legato notes - should generally be longer).

View Postsleepysheep7, on 22 December 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

Well I do have one question though I'm not sure if there is an anwser. Bone's seems to be kinda like Luka after playing with him for about 3 days. His Japanese voice is pretty powerful but his english bank is on the quieter side. Does anyone know a good way to increase the strength on it? The other cover I'm doing has some english and I would like to use his actual english bank instead of engrishing it with his japanese bank.

Heh, I haven't really tried the Japanese bank other than checking that it loads and makes a sound, I didn't even notice. If it's not just quieter volume-wise but sounds like it was recorded at lower dynamics, that's difficult to fake, but you can do it with EQ - cut lows with a shelf, boost upper mids quite a bit, and boost highs very slightly with a high shelf. Static EQ would be OK, automated to boost/cut more during the louder bits would be better, and dynamic EQ (like TDR Nova which is free) would probably be best if you know how to use it. I've done that kind of thing to fake dynamics response in bowed strings and sax, and there also move the center frequency of the mid band up slightly as the notes get louder.

#187 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostD Smolken, on 23 December 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

There's no portamento timing, instead you get glide time (for notes which are not legato, but not separated by a silence marked by a period in the lyrics) and legato glide (same thing, but for legato notes - should generally be longer).

Heh, I haven't really tried the Japanese bank other than checking that it loads and makes a sound, I didn't even notice. If it's not just quieter volume-wise but sounds like it was recorded at lower dynamics, that's difficult to fake, but you can do it with EQ - cut lows with a shelf, boost upper mids quite a bit, and boost highs very slightly with a high shelf. Static EQ would be OK, automated to boost/cut more during the louder bits would be better, and dynamic EQ (like TDR Nova which is free) would probably be best if you know how to use it. I've done that kind of thing to fake dynamics response in bowed strings and sax, and there also move the center frequency of the mid band up slightly as the notes get louder.

.....I'm just gonna pretend I know what that means. I mostly just listen to the voice when I'm EQing to hear if it is making the voice clearer or not. (I usually use the Fruity EQ that visually shows where the power in a voice is located. That and I used a few guides that give suggestions on areas to boost for certain voices)
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#188 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Icon

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:39 AM

I apologize that this a double post but since it has been over 24 hours since my last post and is for something different I figured it might be okay.

Does anyone know how to stop the engine chug in the background of the vocals by chance? It kind of sounds like a clicking sound and it is really distracting. Also does anyone know a work around on bone's japanese "ka" sound? When you go from one sound to the "ka" sound it gets very robotic almost like a spring on a door is being flicked.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#189 User is offline   D Smolken Icon

• Papa Ork
  • Icon

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

I'm working on a tutorial showing off how different glide types work, and how they can be controlled. In the meantime, here's a tweet from Tora:

#190 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• UᴼᴥᴼU
  • Icon

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

Spotted something pretty interesting today on reddit...

If the Roddenberry estate is cool with that idea, the results could be very interesting.

#191 User is offline   Lεօղ Icon

• was missy20201
  • Icon

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

I would be so stoked if she got a VB! I loved her so much and really wish Number One had been around longer. She was of course good in the other roles she played, and voicing the computers, though :P
The squad:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Cyber Songman
Still need to be hazed in:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Sprites by haneoka c:

Owner of
Posted Image

#192 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

I wish I had more time to work with AE... Since Marie's release I've been on and off ill. Those I've been well I've focused on Vocaloid and Chipspeech, those I've been ill I' not up to playing with software.

With Nata out of the way anyway, who is left besides Alys' new friend?

#193 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

• Protector of Puns
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:mayuko

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:30 AM

We've still got LEORA (as you said) and Bones Chinese. There was Tera Eleki but they were announced cancelled not too long ago.
There's probably other stuff I'm forgetting (I've got a terrible memory sometimes) but that's probably the main ones, plus any patches for existing banks. ALYS has a JP patch coming eventually just like her FR bank.
owned vocaloids: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
youtube: cluemily // twitter: cluemily // soundcloud: cluemily
skype: icelilac1 || line: cluemily || discord: cluemily#4865
*I must know who you are before accepting.

#194 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Producers:Vocallective's

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

There's a good possibility that Vocallective might make another. A lot of people seem to enjoy her. If the stats continue to be positive, I'd like to make more.

#195 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostAzureflux, on 16 January 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

There's a good possibility that Vocallective might make another. A lot of people seem to enjoy her. If the stats continue to be positive, I'd like to make more.

*flips a table*

I was going to make come criticism at what I've heard so far on NATA's voice but holy smokes who sodding cares, more please!

(AE needs it still)

Edit:
Also I'm no comedian and if my attempt at humour fall flat, er,I wasn't trying to offend, just get a laugh while say "more".

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users