VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Alter/Ego from Plogue (アルター・エゴ) - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alter/Ego from Plogue (アルター・エゴ) New non-vintage synthesiser

#31 User is offline   AcidBlossom Icon

• karamatsu girl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

View PostMAIKA, on 09 September 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

Okay, to work A/E you're going to need:
a) a midi keyboard
b) a DAW that can run vst's.

I recommend downloading FL Studio. You can export your projects but you can't save .flp's. :3 So there's hardly any limitations other than that really. A lot of chipspeech and A/E users do that.

so in order to use this free program it requires multiple other things that cost hundreds of dollars
great

Thanks anyway.

#32 User is offline   orangemiku Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:OSTER, Kikuo, Wintermute

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:16 PM

reaper + computer keyboard %100 free

#33 User is offline   DayDreamerStratus Icon

• Just an an idiot trying to win at Life
  • Icon
  • Producers:Circrush, Empath-P, Kikuo

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostAcidBlossom, on 09 September 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

so in order to use this free program it requires multiple other things that cost hundreds of dollars
great

Thanks anyway.

;^; I just told you how to use it for free pretty much..

View Postorangemiku, on 09 September 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

reaper + computer keyboard %100 free

I wasn't sure if reaper ran vst's. I reccomend LMMS also... I should've thought about it more. Sorry! So yeah, both of those options work. And my midi keyboard only cost me $80 and it does the job perfectly. There's some dirt cheap ones out there for like $40 too I believe but they're not going to resemble pianos much or have many keys.
DαуDяєαмєяѕтяαтυѕ
~αѕριяιηg тσ ιηѕριяє~
My Party
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Soon to Join:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
FC's I maintain:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Come see my Sprites!http://www.vocaloido...sprites-3-open/
Sprites in signature by my friend Chickadee~.

#34 User is offline   Distortion Icon

• mess
  • Icon
  • Producers:Kikuo, niki, Wowaka

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:30 PM

I have LMMS but I don't know how to use Alter Ego on it. ;w;
Does anyone know how?

Posted Image
Spoiler

#35 User is offline   LeBlanc Icon

• With magic, you can solve any problem.
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:36 AM

I dunno about LMMS but to get it to work in Reaper, you place the AlterEgo VST_x64.dll file from C:\Program Files\Plogue\AlterEgo\VST and place that into C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\Plugins\FX

Reaper works pretty well with this even with the trial version (it's what I use for my Chipspeech covers because I am too poor for Studio One 3 Professional) but idk there might be better programs for it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   Pianobench Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:ROY, yukitsuki, Re:nG

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostAcidBlossom, on 09 September 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

great

Thanks anyway.

View PostDistortion, on 09 September 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

I have LMMS but I don't know how to use Alter Ego on it. ;w;
Does anyone know how?

You don't need a MIDI keyboard to use A/E at all. All you need is a free DAW - LMMS is definitely the one I recommend. It's excellent and there's no restrictions on it. If you listen to her demo I posted on the last page? Made entirely in LMMS. (All of my songs are.)

You open A/E like you would any other VST. On the left-hand menu, go to Instrument Plugins and drag VeSTige into the song editor to create a track for it. Click on the "VeSTige" track name and click the folder icon, then just go wherever you extracted A/E to open it up there. Double-click on any of the measure steps in the track to start adding notes.

Also, before you ask any further questions, you should definitely read the Chipspeech manual. A/E is functionally identical to Chipspeech, and the manual tells you everything you need to know.

(Also, for LMMS users specifically, you should also read this little post I made about a tiny thing that might trip you up.)

#37 User is offline   SarahMarie Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:33 AM

I'm actually having trouble getting it to work in FL studio. I made sure all the .dll file is in the correct spot and that Daisy's VB is installed correctly. I open Alt/Ego and my piano roll, put some lyrics in and then put the notes in the piano roll and she just won't make any sound. Everything else that was included in FL studio works. I re-installed FL studio, still didn't work, then I re-installed Alt/Ego and there was still nothing. Afterwards I went and re-installed Daisy. Not sure if anyone can help or if they are having a similar problem. At this point, I just think Daisy doesn't like me and just ignoring me xD
Vocaloid Baes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Sprites by Haneoka

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Naruto*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:25 AM

View PostSarahMarie, on 10 September 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

I'm actually having trouble getting it to work in FL studio. I made sure all the .dll file is in the correct spot and that Daisy's VB is installed correctly. I open Alt/Ego and my piano roll, put some lyrics in and then put the notes in the piano roll and she just won't make any sound. Everything else that was included in FL studio works. I re-installed FL studio, still didn't work, then I re-installed Alt/Ego and there was still nothing. Afterwards I went and re-installed Daisy. Not sure if anyone can help or if they are having a similar problem. At this point, I just think Daisy doesn't like me and just ignoring me xD

have you selected her yet? Just click voice and her name. The screen should look like this

Spoiler

anyway I guess this thing is kinda interesting but I don't like Daisy's or Tera's voice so I'll wait for another voicebank in the future

#39 User is offline   SarahMarie Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:27 AM

View PostNaruto, on 09 September 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

have you selected her yet? Just click voice and her name. The screen should look like this

Spoiler

anyway I guess this thing is kinda interesting but I don't like Daisy's or Tera's voice so I'll wait for another voicebank in the future

Yeah. I make sure she gets selected before I put any notes in.
Vocaloid Baes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Sprites by Haneoka

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   DayDreamerStratus Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostSarahMarie, on 09 September 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

make sure she's selected and you see Daisy on the side of your screen!
DαуDяєαмєяѕтяαтυѕ
~αѕριяιηg тσ ιηѕριяє~
My Party
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Soon to Join:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
FC's I maintain:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 User is offline   SarahMarie Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:32 AM

View PostMAIKA, on 09 September 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

make sure she's selected and you see Daisy on the side of your screen!

yeah I made sure she was selected then put in my notes and stuff. I really think Daisy hates me xD
Vocaloid Baes
Sprites by Haneoka

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 User is offline   DayDreamerStratus Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:44 AM

View PostSarahMarie, on 09 September 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

yeah I made sure she was selected then put in my notes and stuff. I really think Daisy hates me xD

oh wait I know the problem. On the plugin rack you need to click the rectangle that has A/E on it (where the step sequencer and one above it labled sampler are)
DαуDяєαмєяѕтяαтυѕ
~αѕριяιηg тσ ιηѕριяє~
My Party
Soon to Join:
FC's I maintain:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 User is offline   SarahMarie Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostMAIKA, on 09 September 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

oh wait I know the problem. On the plugin rack you need to click the rectangle that has A/E on it (where the step sequencer and one above it labled sampler are)

Hmm nothing is labeled A/E. When I select A/E to open, it opens, but on the channel rack it just says "Sampler" above all the other default tabs. So I clicked on it thinking that was it and still nothing :/
Vocaloid Baes
Sprites by Haneoka

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   D Smolken Icon

• Papa Ork
  • Icon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:03 AM

It should definitely not say "Sampler"... After doing Channels -> Add one -> Alter Ego VST_x86 you should get Alter/Ego in the step sequencer, and be able to add notes to it in piano roll. Something like this:

Posted Image

So, adding the Alter/Ego VST just adds a sampler channel instead?

So, if I'm working on a cover with the first line "color me your color, baby", should I change it to "color me your color, Dandy"?

I don't know whether that would be overkill and trying to hard, or cute and making the song more in character.

#45 User is offline   SarahMarie Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostD Smolken, on 10 September 2015 - 04:03 AM, said:

It should definitely not say "Sampler"... After doing Channels -> Add one -> Alter Ego VST_x86 you should get Alter/Ego in the step sequencer, and be able to add notes to it in piano roll. Something like this:

Posted Image

So, adding the Alter/Ego VST just adds a sampler channel instead?

Yeah. No A/E tab shows up after I select it. Just Sampler.
Vocaloid Baes
Sprites by Haneoka

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic