VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Weebest country - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

New VO Changelog - Find out more: http://www.vocaloido...ew-vo-changelog

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weebest country In the world

#1 User is offline   NoirSuede Icon

• MAKANTOR CITY ACTORS
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:IA/VY1V4, Mew, Unity-chan
  • Producers:UtataP, Orangestar, Kikuo

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

Which country do you guys think is the weebest country in the world ?

Personally, I think Indonesia is the weebest country in the world due to stuff like this :

Posted Image

#2 User is online   Kevin Icon

• Miku is my life.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Hachiouji-P, Kz, DECO*27, Ryo

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

Lol how the headlines are in English but once I was like "I wonder what you have to do" it's all in Indonesian (is that even a language)...

And even if it is obvious, all these things come from Japan so I am pretty sure it has most Otaku of that is your question.
Sure it is a minority but it still adds up to the biggest number I would assume.

#3 User is offline   Blue of Mind Icon

• The world that I do not know...
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku; Gumi; Meiko; IA; Miriam; Lapis.
  • Producers:Shu-t & Yume

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

I always thought America would be the weebiest, because the anime fandom there is one of the largest outside of Japan, and most weeaboo horror stories I read seem to be set there. Britain's anime fandom is nowhere near as big as America's so on average we have less weebs (unless you go to the biggest cities in the country such as London and Birmingham, or if you go to a college or university campus, or if you just get (un)lucky.)

#4 User is offline   NoirSuede Icon

• MAKANTOR CITY ACTORS
  • Icon

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostKevin, on 30 January 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

Lol how the headlines are in English but once I was like "I wonder what you have to do" it's all in Indonesian (is that even a language Yes it is)...And even if it is obvious, all these things come from Japan so I am pretty sure it has most Otaku of that is your question.Sure it is a minority but it still adds up to the biggest number I would assume.

I don't think Japanese people can be considered weebs since by definition weeaboos are non-Japanese people trying to be Japanese.

Anyways, the rules for the contest say :
Spoiler

#5 User is offline   Alteria Icon

• Mobile Internet Accessor
  • Icon
  • Producers:Kaoling, Hinayukki, Shinjou

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostNoirSuede, on 30 January 2016 - 09:48 PM, said:

Which country do you guys think is the weebest country in the world ?

Personally, I think Indonesia is the weebest country in the world due to stuff like this :

Posted Image

Tbh that's not even half as painful as seeing Gackt fangirls wearing nekomimi and other weebish stuff in Dahsyat of all places.

#6 User is offline   NoirSuede Icon

• MAKANTOR CITY ACTORS
  • Icon

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:34 AM

View PostAlteria, on 31 January 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Tbh that's not even half as painful as seeing Gackt fangirls wearing nekomimi and other weebish stuff in Dahsyat of all places.

You mean this ?

also wow there's more indonesians here than i've ever expected

#7 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

I would assume that is a title you don't want to win. Since I live in the USA though, I would have to say my own country since I think every high schooler that likes anime here goes through that "Naruto run" phase. (yes even I did it OTL) But I guess in all honesty it is something that everyone who is a fan of anime goes through. We all think that what we see in anime is what japan is like and that they will embrace us with open arms for acting like what we see when the oppisite is true.

#8 User is offline   Invisible again Icon

• Cutest little villain
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Nekomura Iroha, IA, Kokone

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

Definitely America...

#9 User is offline   MNisekun Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

America.
Sorry but not sorry because it's the truth.

#10 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, MIR△ISONIC

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:16 AM

From my expirience, it's actually China. All of my friends in real life that watch anime (AKA not from anime/vocaloid sites) are from China, and I only seen one person do the "Naruto run". In fact, most people wouldn't even know what the Naruto run is where I am! (I don't too)

#11 User is offline   Master Tasuke Icon

• ♥Mikuru Asahina♥
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

i wouldn't have a clue on any of this myself, as when i went through my teenage "Weeb" phase in the 90's, Anime for me was all about the Mecha,
and that fact, coupled with the time i grew up in, pretty well precluded any possibility of anything remotely resembling "Weeb behavior"

i'd say today i'd fit far more into the "Weeb" sort of pattern, as it is understood,
but even then it could only ever be expressed in the form of a strong passion for the Female Anime characters that i am personally fond of...

#12 User is offline   Faiyez Icon

• Notorious Heretic
  • Icon
  • Producers:wowaka,iroha,Buriru-P,DECO*27

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:35 PM

I'm surprised by the replies here.

A good candidate for the 'weebest' country in the world would be a country where Cool Japan has transcended into mainstream appeal. By this standard, the USA would have no chance at even being considered. It's not really about the amount of fans or money that one country can make for Japanese cultural exports. Rather, you consider the extent to which these cultural exports are perceived/embraced by a society at large.

Just my two cents: countries like France, Italy or Mexico would be magnitudes of order more weaboo than the US. We are talking about countries where characters like Doraemon, Heidi and Mazinger were fully integrated in the wider popular culture. Such characters are virtually unknown in the US, which despite getting Speed Racer and "Star Blazers", always went by the policy of Americanizing everything, heavily editing to the point of making its Japanese origin unrecognizable.

Anyway, I actually think the title to the absolute most weaboo country in the world would have to go to Taiwan (if not Indonesia), who are pretty much the most blatantly wapanese people on Earth due to so many reasons, like Taiwan being spared the brunt of Japanese colonial rule, the fact that they have shared common economic and ideological ties through history, and of course how much you see Taiwan just straight up consuming/assimilating/adapting most anything coming from the Japanese sphere of influence.

#13 User is offline   Ame-san Icon

• Kebyou Ningen
  • Icon
  • Producers:Orangestar, DECO*27

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:24 PM

America.

There is a kid with chuunibyou at my school who re-enacts Kamen Rider stuff.

While that's a problem at it's 50% annoyance, what sets me off that he says he isn't a weeaboo. And he calls me one because he knows I listen to Vocaloid at my spare time
I mean he totally is a weeb...Right?

#14 User is offline   -Andy Icon

• edgy red boy fan
  • Icon
  • Producers:Jesus-P Neru Giga-P MARETU

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:43 PM

Maybe not the weebest but Mexico and Latin America in general has accepted a lot of anime into their culture really easily I mean from all my years I still haven't met a person over here who haven't watched Dragon Ball (It's so big in almost every country even getting in newspapers).

I believe we were one of the most accepting regions from the 90's anime wave. also the most cringeworthy comments on youtube are in spanish

#15 User is offline   barefootchuck Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:八王子P, 空海月/solakurage, DECO*27

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

I'm kinda iffy with my own answer but I'll give it a shot anyways. I live in the US and seen/heard some horror stories (sometimes myself included...), but horror =/= recognition. Just because there's a shock factor doesn't make the scale go one way or the other. One person, one vote (and sure there's the electoral college but topic for another time).

My alternative answer was going to be China, there are for what I think obvious reason: sheer size of the country making it easier to spread fandom, close geographical proximity (and cultural ties, sorta...) easily making Japan the hot spot for Chinese tourists. there is official Chinese Vocaloid singing in the annual spring festival aired on CCTV. in Chinese of course. Miku is gonna have a Chinese voicebank... I mean okay they may not have Miku master or visa card, but I'm sure there are people who can make those for you without even batting an eye lash.

Then again, it's precisely for those reasons, which are like pre-existing conditions when getting an insurance, that I don't really wanna call China weebest country. The first qualification for the winner needs to be: a country that doesn't share any or very little commonality with Japan to begin with, and suddenly boom! holy cannoli, all these weebs...

Yeah, okay, never being to Europe, so it's America.

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users