VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Video Games General Discussion - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

New VO Changelog - Find out more: http://www.vocaloido...ew-vo-changelog

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (5 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video Games General Discussion

#1 User is offline   Matangi Icon

• ミ☆
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:kaoling, 40mP, OSTER-project

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:02 AM

i noticed there wasn't one, so yeah (mods if you see this please pin this).

i'll start off this thread by talking about today's nintendo direct. i'm very excited for most of the games shown besides the mario and sonic olympic game (do people actually care about those?) and metroid prime federation force.

#2 User is offline   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Producers:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:04 AM

That new Paper Mario...please god, PLEASE let them have learned from sticker star

#3 User is offline   SKAmanda Icon

• Forever in MEIKO hell
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:MEIKO, MEIKO, MEIKO, MEIKO
  • Producers:korby, wintermute, NamonakiP

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:08 AM

My personal favorite featured games today were Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE and Bravely Second. I've been waiting for both games for forever now and I need them T.T New Kirby game looks fire too.

I feel kind of bad for them trying to make everyone hype for Federation Force though lol. Tbh, I've never played any Metroid Prime game in my life simply because they're not my kind of games, so I really don't care about that whole thing, but I kind of feel bad that people are putting hard work into this game that no one wants. :/

#4 User is offline   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:27 AM

I think a lot of people would be fine with Federation Force if it was coming out ALONG with a metroid game starring Samus

#5 User is offline   Matangi Icon

• ミ☆
  • Icon
  • Producers:kaoling, 40mP, OSTER-project

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:19 AM

View PostNova, on 03 March 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

I think a lot of people would be fine with Federation Force if it was coming out ALONG with a metroid game starring Samus

i think the main reason why a lot of people were upset with federation force is because there hasn't been a new metroid game in years, and the moment metroid fans get some news of sorts they get a spin off. i totally understand why they're upset and tbh i would be upset too.

i'm surprised there hasn't been a new main series metroid game for the wii u yet. it's time is almost up, what is nintendo doing?

#6 User is offline   Mermaid Festa Vol.Tri Icon

• Mofu~
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Guuuuuuuumiiiiiiii
  • Producers:in sig

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:22 AM

i actually like those Olympics games ;.;

same with Federation Force T.T

the new kirby looks great though,

i just wish people would stop pegging the new paper mario game as sticker star 2, they've already started a petition to stop it. *facepalms*

#7 User is offline   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:41 AM

What little we've seen of it so far looks like Sticker Star though, and Sticker Star was a really bad paper mario game.

#8 User is offline   Mermaid Festa Vol.Tri Icon

• Mofu~
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Guuuuuuuumiiiiiiii
  • Producers:in sig

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:45 AM

don't kill me for saying this but since i'm a Paper Mario newb kinda...
Spoiler

#9 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, MIR△ISONIC

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostRose-P, on 04 March 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Spoiler

Pretty much every series that I played has little variation of gameplay between the games, so probably yes. I only played one Paper Mario game several years ago, so I'm not sure about that.

#10 User is offline   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostRose-P, on 03 March 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Spoiler

Paper Mario is an RPG series. So yes most of the games do play the same. The only one that doesn't is Super Paper Mario. The problem with paper Mario Sticker Star is that it made the entire battle system utterly pointless. If you had no stickers you couldn't fight, For instance, Mario's basic jump attack? Tied to stickers, no shoe stickers? Can't use that attack. His hammer? same deal. Battles didn't give EXP or anything. There was no leveling system at all. The story is completely gone after the first cutscene up until the end. There aren't any partners, which many people love about traditional paper mario games. I've heard that part of the reason for there being no story at all was that Miyamoto told the devs to not include much. Which would be fine for a standard Mario game...but this becomes a hilariously stupid suggestion when you take into account that it's an RPG game if it turns out that that is in fact actually true.

#11 User is offline   SKAmanda Icon

• Forever in MEIKO hell
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

Sticker Star was literally one of my biggest disappointing purchases T.T Tbh, when I saw the Direct earlier, my mind also went to Sticker Star when seeing the new Paper Mario game. I really hope it's not tbh... I wish they'd go back to Super Paper Mario style. I'm pretty sure people have been hating the way the Paper Mario series has been going since the Wii one, though I honestly never played the wii one, so I don't really know what was wrong with it. Was it like Sticker Star where you don't level up through battles? I found that super irritating tbh...

#12 User is offline   Marric Icon

• Technidude at your service
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:<empty>

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:54 AM

View PostSKAmanda, on 04 March 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

Sticker Star was literally one of my biggest disappointing purchases T.T Tbh, when I saw the Direct earlier, my mind also went to Sticker Star when seeing the new Paper Mario game. I really hope it's not tbh... I wish they'd go back to Super Paper Mario style. I'm pretty sure people have been hating the way the Paper Mario series has been going since the Wii one, though I honestly never played the wii one, so I don't really know what was wrong with it. Was it like Sticker Star where you don't level up through battles? I found that super irritating tbh...

Super Paper Mario is/was a platformer with some RPG elements, but no real leveling system compared to the first 2 games for N64 and GameCube.

#13 User is offline   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

And it was still leagues better than Sticker Star. From what I saw, a lot of people praised it for the story, even though there was a gameplay shift

#14 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, MIR△ISONIC

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:10 AM

Didn't realise that people on here cared about Paper Mario. Honestly, I always thought the series was an extremely big failure popularity wise because I never even heard someone outside of my family even mention the series until I read this. I believed the series was dead and had no fan base for years now, so it's a shock to me that Nintendo are even announcing a new game. Too bad that it is seeming that Nintendo are ruining it now, the Wii game was amazing to me for a while.

#15 User is offline   SKAmanda Icon

• Forever in MEIKO hell
  • Icon

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

View PostMarric, on 04 March 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

Super Paper Mario is/was a platformer with some RPG elements, but no real leveling system compared to the first 2 games for N64 and GameCube.

Oh whoopsies I somehow got the title of SPM mixed up with the N64 one lol The N64 one was the one I meant that I wish the series would go back to

• (5 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users