VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: "IA 1st live concert in Japan PARTY A GO-GO" tour - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (4 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"IA 1st live concert in Japan PARTY A GO-GO" tour New countries (04/03/2016): March: Spain, April: Canada and Mexico

#16 User is offline   Faiyez Icon

• Notorious Heretic
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:wowaka,iroha,Buriru-P,DECO*27

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:53 PM

All right, well the concert is only a week away now.

Personally, it's been a great year for me. With Miku, I finally got the Japan concert experience, and now this surprise IA full show in my very own home country. Crypton should take note!

Now, the only thing that worries me is the low price of admission for a concert. Crazy as it may seem, I paid $28 for VIP and even though they probably won't throw much in the bag besides the glow stick, those tickets are considered CHEAP even for our standards. I am really fearful for overcrowding at the floor and hoping the BN Arena holds up :/

Hyped nonetheless! There have been very few actual IA showings (as opposed to screenings), so it definitely still feels like a very exclusive experience!

#17 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Teto, IA
  • Producers:HSP, KZ, JTP, #8Prince, DECO27

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

I envy your opportunity to go and see IA live!
Maybe consider taking photos of the event for a report afterwards or something. I look forward to hearing about the event!
One of the things I like most about 1st place and their showings of IA is their focus on many places around the world who are missing out on Vocaloid concerts. I hope they keep up the good work and grow bigger from it.

#18 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• Icon

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:10 PM

Interesting. Pepsi in Costa Rica has sponsored that IA concert

https://www.facebook...?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook...?type=3&theater <IA's facebook shared that pic

#19 User is offline   Faiyez Icon

• Notorious Heretic
  • Icon

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:23 PM

View PostVocalVortex, on 12 October 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

Maybe consider taking photos of the event for a report afterwards or something. I look forward to hearing about the event!

I'll keep you posted for sure, though I'm not too sure of my ability to deliver good pictures. I should have remembered to pack the good camera at my parent's :/

So apparently, the whole IA thing is warranting some sort of festival to be held the day after the concert, but I think I'll just stick with the main event. They already had some very nice merch at the screening from a few months ago. I'm hoping to grab something new.

#20 User is offline   Kevin Icon

• Miku is my life.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Hachiouji-P, Kz, DECO*27, Ryo

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:46 PM

I expect you to record in Bluray quality, especially speaking of the audio quality, so no excues there :-P

#21 User is offline   Sakuma's Drops Icon

• These candy are so gooood
  • Icon
  • Producers:Oster, Hachi, Kaoling, Kemu

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

At least if you can remember the setlist (and share it), it will be nice, have a great concert :)

#22 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• Icon

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

!st Place's instagram posted a pic of the band in CR they're using for the live show (I think) https://www.instagra.../p/BLdST0vAiHy/

#23 User is offline   Faiyez Icon

• Notorious Heretic
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:58 PM

A moderator for the local promoter said the show is being recorded by 1st Place. I'm not even sure if that's to be expected.

#24 User is offline   wei wei Icon

• do not disappoint the Miku!
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:41 PM

View Postexemplar, on 13 October 2016 - 12:48 PM, said:

!st Place's instagram posted a pic of the band in CR they're using for the live show (I think) https://www.instagra.../p/BLdST0vAiHy/

i definitely don't think that's IA's band. when she was in Los Angeles, the band was all Japanese.

#25 User is offline   Sakuma's Drops Icon

• These candy are so gooood
  • Icon
  • Producers:Oster, Hachi, Kaoling, Kemu

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:25 AM

If one guy is wearing a t-shirt of the berklee school of music, they could be the band members, the show may be recorded for a nico nico live ?

#26 User is offline   Faiyez Icon

• Notorious Heretic
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:21 AM

Posted Image

View PostSakuma's Drops, on 14 October 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

If one guy is wearing a t-shirt of the berklee school of music, they could be the band members

This is my theory, because honestly the guys look like locals.

The promoter pitched at 1st Place to bring IA... but for whatever reason, it wasn't going to happen with a band from Japan. So the promoter here offered to provide the musicians for this show, with the backing of 1st Place. Now those ticket prices make a lot of sense!

#27 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• Icon

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

So a Costa Rican music station is airing an interview they did with IA this morning

#28 User is offline   Faiyez Icon

• Notorious Heretic
  • Icon

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:20 AM

Wewh! That was the first time I felt like I really pulled a workout in one of these!

For anyone wondering about the setlist, absolutely no surprises here. As expected, the exact same Party a go-go that's been making the rounds for over a year now. I was totally okay with this, as that was the setlist I studied in the lead up to tonight.

I didn't bother taking pictures. Sorry! It's just that there was really nothing novel about it. Everything that's already out there applies to this showing. And judging by the amount of people with their cameras out, there's going to be no shortage, in any case.

The guys they got to play as the band did really well! You could tell they went out of their way to get the previous renditions on point, almost to a fault! They had the two dancers and I was okay with what 1st Place brought to the show. Although I feel it was a shame the venue was never going to have the acoustics for this type of event.

I was predicting/dreading a packed house here, but for better or for worse, it didn't happen. Not even close! Kind of brash of me to expect otherwise, considering the more "modest" nature of all previous IA showings. Hard to judge the numbers, but it was comparable to previous efforts. Hopefully, good enough to consider a success.

P.S. I got a fair amount of attention just for having the wand that can change colors. Who would have thought that alone can make you popular with the ladies? ;)

#29 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Teto, IA
  • Producers:HSP, KZ, JTP, #8Prince, DECO27

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:43 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience of IA's concert.

I can agree that it's a good thing that the setlist was the same, because when you have seen it online but not LIVE, then you kinda wanna get that chance to do so. To hear those songs that you love, live, all around you as they dance on stage.

Filming during the event can be a distraction to yourself anyway, since I find it's better simply to immerse yourself in the experience. Still waiting on the Blu Ray/DVD though :P
Were there any booths or places to buy stuff? Some cool cut-outs or posters? Pics of the venue, booths, crowds outside or posters etc can be cool to see too.

Cool that everything went so well. I really do hope that the turnout was enough so turn a profit for them, because they are working hard to get IA's songs more widely known.

Interesting, so the chicks dig glowing rods...

The tickets for the concert looks really cool, by the way:
Source: https://www.facebook...981328285427038
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Faiyez Icon

• Notorious Heretic
  • Icon

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:07 AM

View PostVocalVortex, on 15 October 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

Were there any booths or places to buy stuff? Some cool cut-outs or posters? Pics of the venue, booths, crowds outside or posters etc can be cool to see too.

Absolutely, they had all the merch, t-shirts and the works. They even had the import vita game for sale. And the nice, big IA backgrounds to take your picture (same as from the teaser screenings from before). Oh, and surely the pics are coming.

Also, one thing that really surprised me: Holy crap, does IA talk in this show. Miku never really talked all that much compared to this, and I keep saying how huge these interactions are for maximizing the 'effect'. Like, when we were getting into the encore songs, it was REALLY sentimental and moving, how IA kept interjecting about wanting to thank us and being sad about having to say goodbye to us. We were all really touched! She also said a couple things in Spanish! (with the rest having subtitles).

• (4 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users