VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Anime Unpopular Opinions - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (6 Pages) +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime Unpopular Opinions

#76 User is offline   Byakuren Icon

• The Zombie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Ruby, galaco, kokone, Lily
  • Producers:kiichi, gigaP, DECO*27

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostCerise Wolf, on 02 September 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

I think it's funny that's why you don't like it because that is the exact reason I do like it. xD

I get so tired of constantly watching everything constantly have drama and sometimes I just want a break. Though maybe some of that is where I am in life right now since I'm also majorly into kid stuff here like Monster High and Barbie. But I like being able to sit down and watch an anime where there isn't misplaced sexuality (I'm looking at you Tokyo Ghoul anime. I couldn't even sit through the first episode it took away from the manga so much), fighting, or drama.

I totally get where you're coming from though, since it's definitely a not for everyone thing and the music def falls on the cutesy side with no really variation from that side what so ever.

Well like I've told Clue and others about my experience with Aikatsu, Stars is almost like they listened to people like me and did a 180 on the direction it's going. Since it gives me more of a pripara vibe than say, an azumanga daioh or lucky star vibe that original Aikatsu had.

That and I guess I just couldn't get into the characters for Aikatsu where-as with Stars I actually am finding myself liking nearly every character and want to see the story progress (Same with the music, I've been really liking the music this time.)

@Karlita:

I don't think Aikatsu's music is composed badly or anything but I simply disagree in the notion that it sounds good, because I just personally don't think it sounds good to me. Otherwise I'd have been more inclined to continue it.

PriPara and Aikatsu! fans are always on opposite ends, usually they attract similar fans but they both look for different things in the series.

I love the characters, the plot, and all the music is incredibly catchy. I don't find Aikatsu music catchy, it almost reminds me very similarly to popular western singers like Adelle where its 'big hit well made music' but- it's not catchy.

I'm not asking for a realistic plot either, I feel as though you've misunderstood. I couldn't get into K-ON! either for similar reasons to Aikatsu, there's no actual progression in terms of a story that's compelling. I enjoy out of this world or ridiculous plots and stories (That's why I liked AKB0048 actually.)

I enjoy things with episodic themes, but idols, I was spoiled with stuff like idolm@ster so I have higher expectations on story progression, because im@s does it well even with episodic episodes laced into it of course.

Aikatsu! at least the original doesn't really hit the nail. It's a wonderful show to watch when you want to hit up something cute, enjoyable and silly for relaxation much like K-ON!, Lucky Star, etc except with additional good music; But it's going to fall flat for people that look for something with a bit more substance and especially so if they don't enjoy the characters and/or music.

If you can't enjoy the music in a series that centers around music then you're going to have a bad time, and that is a big big deal breaker. I'm sorry I do not enjoy Aikatsu's music, you can insist until cows start turning purple that it's composed beautifully (and I'm not denying that) but I just do not think it sounds particularly nice to me and it hasn't(I've struggled numerous times to watch it and give the PV's for episodes shots that clue has linked me and I just don't find myself liking it and that kills it big time.)

#77 User is offline   mojyo314 Icon

• still using vocaloid2
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Rin, Yukari, Luka, Yuki
  • Producers:松傘, neilguse-il, kagomeP

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:01 PM

I love Kirino just as much as I love Kuroneko.

#78 User is offline   Cerise Wolf Icon

• Daughter of the Big Bad Wolf
  • Icon

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:20 AM

View PostKarlita ;3, on 02 September 2016 - 02:46 AM, said:

I don't think I made what I meant clear. I agree that not all the songs are super cutesy, but what I meant was more so that they all fall into a specific niche of music - unless something drastically changes in the last season which I have not caught up on in which case I am just ignorant, sorry - that not everyone is necessarily going to like. Especially when they often use the same songs for a few episodes at a time. Sorry if that wasn't completely clear. I'm not always the best as getting my point across on my first try.

#79 User is offline   Hurricane-Muffins Icon

• Stay snazzy
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Gumi, Rin, V-Flower
  • Producers:Sasakure.UK, Kikuo

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:54 AM

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who knows Aria the Animation even exists, let alone watches it...

#80 User is offline   hind Icon

• im writing that anime article i swear
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Yukari, Rin, Fukase, MAYU
  • Producers:Hikarisyuyo, YM, shr, cosMo

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostHurricane-Muffins, on 05 September 2016 - 05:54 AM, said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who knows Aria the Animation even exists, let alone watches it...

AYYYYYY! MY PEOPLE.
I love LLS, I prefer it to the original Love Live, but honest to god them choosing to push Kanamari instead of Diamari was... horrible? Mari forgave Kanan too easily. I feel like they're milking the Nozoeli cow too hard. Diamari has an actual dynamic, Kanamari (and Nozoeli) are based on nonexistent and confusing sexual tension. It's just... cringe.

#81 User is offline   raw manga Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:09 PM

Not every series is designed to engage higher thinking and critical analysis of the world; sometimes its just dudes fighting dudes or cute girls doing cute girl things.

#82 User is offline   Sataxia Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Gakupo Kamui, MEIKO

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:32 AM

anybody watched vampire knight ? >.> it was ok then when the story twisted I couldn't really bear to watch it.. i only watched it to the end to see if they would fix it but no..

#83 User is offline   Distortion Icon

• mess
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Lily, Leon, Rana
  • Producers:Kikuo, niki, Wowaka

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

View Postraw manga, on 18 September 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

Not every series is designed to engage higher thinking and critical analysis of the world; sometimes its just dudes fighting dudes or cute girls doing cute girl things.

This, honestly. I always laugh when I see people make 30 minute reviews of K-on or Lucky Star complaining about the lack of plot or character development...moe shit slice of life animes arent going to be the next Evangelion. It's fine to dislike them for being about cute girls doing cute things, but it's really not worth a whole review sighing over the non existent plot....

#84 User is offline   Tema Icon

• Living Katsudon
  • Icon

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:06 AM

Either Yuuri is trans or Kubo is spying on me you cant really tell me otherwise. I wrote a detailed analysis on FB but I'm tired and on mobile so no copypasta atm

#85 User is offline   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Producers:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

I actually want a harem anime to actually follow through with the harem part.

#86 User is offline   Tema Icon

• Living Katsudon
  • Icon

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:11 PM

View PostNova, on 23 February 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

I actually want a harem anime to actually follow through with the harem part.

Same tbh

Also here's the copypasta of my trans Yuuri ramble that I said I was going to post days ago rofl
Spoiler

#87 User is offline   Hatsune-hakase Icon

• Professor of Vocaloidology
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Luka, Gumi, Meiko
  • Producers:DECO*27, CircusP, PinocchioP

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:34 AM

I thought the Ghost in the Shell live-action movie was fine, though it had a lot of problems, and ultimately fell short of its potential. I believe the Major should have been played by a Japanese actress, but I always felt (and still feel) that Johansson was also a great choice for the role. Most of all, I thought that the direction they went with the story--
Spoiler
--was interesting and brought something new to GitS (a franchise that has been running out of novel ideas), and was something that GitS is perfectly-suited to exploring. The scene in which
Spoiler
I think most reviewers were not able or willing to engage the film on its own terms, as they either ignored this part of the story or dismissed it as a cynical plot device to excuse the white-washing of the Major. But I will admit that its themes could have been more explicit, and I think the ending falls short when
Spoiler
Overall, I'd give it a 7/10.

#88 User is offline   Darius-X Icon

• The warm-blooded killer
  • Icon

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:01 PM

Let's see.

- I'd like to see some more regular-sized breasts in anime (not sure about this one, haven't found many who agree).

- Yuri on ice has great potential, but hasn't really shown it in the first season, in my opinion.

- I am of the opinion TTGL's ending wasn't shitty.

- I think the original Berserk's OP is garbage (the anime itself and the manga aren't, though).

• (6 Pages) +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users