VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Best Non-Native English VB - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (4 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Non-Native English VB in terms of quality of English and vocal

Poll: Best English VB (97 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Vocaloid has the best English VB?

1. Hatsune Miku English (3 votes [3.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.09%

2. Gumi English (28 votes [28.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.87%

3. Rin Kagamine English (2 votes [2.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

4. Len Kagamine English (1 votes [1.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

5. Luka Megurine (13 votes [13.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.40%

6. MEIKO English (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. KAITO English (3 votes [3.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.09%

8. Macne Nana (5 votes [5.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.15%

9. Fukase English (32 votes [32.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.99%

10. YOHIOLOID (10 votes [10.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Leah Icon

• Fantaisie Impromptu
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Len, Fukase, flower
  • Producers:MARETU, DECO*27, n-buna

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:23 PM

I agree with Giima. I personally find Luka V4X Straight very easy to understand but I can also see why she would not be as understandable to others. In fact, other than her [ I ] phoneme I find her accent to be familiar to mine. English Straight is also my favourite Luka voicebank in terms of her voice type so I might be biased, too. But this is why opinions exist. : P

Additionally, I treat CYBER DIVA as a fully native Engloid, I do not think she should be in a grey zone. She was recorded by a native American speaker and unlike Fukase there were native English speakers accompanying her during recording. The fact that she was recorded in Japan and not the US does not make her foreign at all.

#17 User is offline   IanS Icon

• Why it's so cute? Because it's Gumi. yas
  • Icon
  • Producers:Akuno-P, cillia, Giga-P,

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostGīma, on 31 March 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

Luka and fukase are both the best, but I voted for luka as I love her voice more.

@ianS even if you don't, other people may find luka more understandable or like her more than gumi and fukase? Understandability is an individually dependent preference, plus it's not always the no.1 factor in someone's judgement for the best English. Really not that hard to understand.

Err okay, I just exprimed my opinion, you don't need to acting like "No you should consider this fact for saying this ect". I understand people's opinions, I just exprimed my opinion so it's not so hard to understand too ? If you want, I can say things in a more polite way.. Yes we don't have the same point of view, but myself I writed this post with MY point of view lol I just don't understand Luka as I understand YOHIOloid, Gumi and Fukase that's all. I'm okay if people voted for her because they like Luka though

#18 User is offline   Uchuu Icon

• ★ Twinkle Star ★
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Stardust, UNI
  • Producers:Mel, Harufuri, oov, sigel

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:02 PM

Fukase > GUMI > Luka honestly... Macne Nana is about tied with Fukase quality wise but the pronunciation kills her. Wouldn't vote for YOHIOloid as I can't really stand him anyway.

#19 User is offline   Gīma Icon

• That oppa you probably shouldn't rely on
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Luka, Iroha, Merli, Mew, Uni, VY2
  • Producers:Camellia, sat, MiYaBi

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:42 AM

View PostIanS, on 01 April 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

Err okay, I just exprimed my opinion, you don't need to acting like "No you should consider this fact for saying this ect". I understand people's opinions, I just exprimed my opinion so it's not so hard to understand too ? If you want, I can say things in a more polite way.. Yes we don't have the same point of view, but myself I writed this post with MY point of view lol I just don't understand Luka as I understand YOHIOloid, Gumi and Fukase that's all. I'm okay if people voted for her because they like Luka though

You've completely missed my point.

You gave a typical "I don't understand why people voted for X/liked X more when I think Y is better", and now you're saying that "I respect that other people like X more". That's clearly contradictory.

It's just a pet peeve to see people say that when yes, you actually do understand why people like something more (because everyone perceives things differently and therefore has different opinions/preferences), but to word it like "I don't understand how anyone could....", that makes is sound like you think their opinion is lesser than yours, or that they're wrong for thinking that.

#20 User is offline   IanS Icon

• Why it's so cute? Because it's Gumi. yas
  • Icon
  • Producers:Akuno-P, cillia, Giga-P,

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostGīma, on 01 April 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

You've completely missed my point.

You gave a typical "I don't understand why people voted for X/liked X more when I think Y is better", and now you're saying that "I respect that other people like X more". That's clearly contradictory.

It's just a pet peeve to see people say that when yes, you actually do understand why people like something more (because everyone perceives things differently and therefore has different opinions/preferences), but to word it like "I don't understand how anyone could....", that makes is sound like you think their opinion is lesser than yours, or that they're wrong for thinking that.

Oh yes, I forgot: we have also different ways of writing things.

I writed this post with my point of view and this was my personnal opinion. Myself I think understandability is a major factor for loving a vocal and I absolutely don't understand Luka's english, this is why I writed that I didn't understand why some people voted for her. I didn't say this because I like more Fukase and Gumi.

Well if I think in a more "general" way, I can agree why you disagree with my post. I feel like I should writed the "I don't understand why Luka has so many votes etc" as "If Luka's votes come from the fact she has the best pronunciation, I'm a bit surprised with that because I don't understand her as Fukase and Gumi. But it's my personnal opinion !"

I actually respect opinions from others members, it's just that English is not my native language so sometimes I have some difficulties with how write my opinion correctly. And the previous post proves that I often failed lol I hope you will understand this, and don't take my posts too seriously.

#21 User is offline   not using this account Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

In my opinion it's Fukase because Gumi's English doesn't sound as natural as her Japanese, it's like they tried to make her English voicebank as similar sounding to her Japanese as possible instead of trying to make it sound like Megumi Nakajima would when singing in English. Her voice type sounds natural in Japanese but unrealistic in English because bilingual singers in real life don't sing in the same tone for both languages. On the other hand, her pronunciation is great, but she has quality issues from what I've heard and has choppy vowel transitions. I would have voted Macne Nana because of her quality and natural sounding timbre, if it wasn't for her inaccurate pronunciation. Nana does have a good level of clarity but it accentuates her r sounds being pronounced wrong. Also I don't like the way Crypton makes their English voicebanks so I automatically didn't vote for any of theirs.

#22 User is offline   FallenNights Icon

• Agender Emo Freak
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Flower, CYVA

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:20 AM

View PostBYTE01, on 30 March 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Huh wtf Yohio is swedish, English isn't his first language so this is your mistake confusing new members.

Then wouldn't AVANNA be foreign too? She's Celtic. (If Yloid is Foreign, so is she, so Is Tonio and Prima. Oh, and don't forget about CYVA RUBY DEX AL and DIANA, English isn't native to the Americas, so they must be Foreign too, Eh?)

EDIT

CYVA Had a majority of English speaking Americans(And europeans) on her team, her website says so. Even credits her Developer as a American guy. :P

And YOHIOloid has a english speaking company. He as a VOCALOID, isn't foreign. He's produced by a Eng speaking company, and he has a brit accent anyway. :/

#23 User is offline   Paradoxical Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Iroha, Dex, Kaito
  • Producers:PeperonP, Ebot

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:34 AM

View PostLuke-Kun, on 05 April 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Then wouldn't AVANNA be foreign too? She's Celtic. (If Yloid is Foreign, so is she, so Is Tonio and Prima. Oh, and don't forget about CYVA RUBY DEX AL and DIANA, English isn't native to the Americas, so they must be Foreign too, Eh?)

People specifically said that Hio counted as foreign because his voice provider is a non-native English speaker. This has absolutely nothing to do with company or country of origin.

If you want to argue semantics and debate that the title of the post is incorrect, by all means go for it. I'd agree with you. But quoting a person then trying to turn their argument against them by using a completely unrelated argument (with backwards logic, no less) isn't helping your case any.

#24 User is offline   Mermaid Festa Vol.Tri Icon

• Mofu~
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Guuuuuuuumiiiiiiii
  • Producers:in sig

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:51 AM

er...Miku English? /gets Miku Miku'd
though personally i'll go with Gumi since i'm a total Gumi nerd haha

#25 User is offline   Robyn Is A Ninja Icon

• Wind Turbine of the Jellyfish Mom
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Oliver, Kaito, Avanna, Anon, Wil, Fukase
  • Producers:AdyS, Yukitsuki, EmpathP, KTKT

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:25 AM

View PostLuke-Kun, on 05 April 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

EDIT

CYVA Had a majority of English speaking Americans(And europeans) on her team, her website says so. Even credits her Developer as a American guy. :P

And YOHIOloid has a english speaking company. He as a VOCALOID, isn't foreign. He's produced by a Eng speaking company, and he has a brit accent anyway. :/

View PostParadoxical, on 05 April 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

People specifically said that Hio counted as foreign because his voice provider is a non-native English speaker. This has absolutely nothing to do with company or country of origin.

^^^This.

English Vocaloids voiced by people who natively speak English, as in, English is their first language, are considered native English Vocaloids. Avanna, Dex, Daina, Al, Cyber Diva, and so on count as Native Engloids and not as foreign English voice banks because their voice providers natively speak the English language. Also, Hio has more of a Swedish accent if anything.

I think what you're trying to argue is whether or not a voice bank is considered foreign based on whether the company natively speaks English and not the VPs. I aggree with Paradoxical that the title of the thread is kinda incorrectly put and I would suggest changing it to something like Japanese->English voice banks instead of just foreign.

#26 User is offline   hind Icon

• im writing that anime article i swear
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Yukari, Rin, Fukase, MAYU
  • Producers:Hikarisyuyo, YM, shr, cosMo

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:47 AM

Title/post fixed. Maybe I didn't word it right?? I hope this fixes things.
EDIT: I'd like to clarify that I meant VP rather than company.

#27 User is offline   Jin Raziel Icon

• Join the delinquents now!
  • Icon
  • Producers:PowaPowa-P, Pinocchio-P

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:19 AM

Would be GUMI. But I love Macne's pronunciation of words.
This post is sorta more based on preference.

#28 User is offline   BYTE01 Icon

• Music's in everyone
  • Icon

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostLuke-Kun, on 06 April 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

EDIT

Looks like you misunderstood the definition of foreign here. It was basically meant like:
'Is the FIRST language of the VOICE PROVIDER (not the team or the character itself) English or not?'

#29 User is offline   oktavia Icon

• caged in guilt
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, Tohma, nyanyannya

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

I still think Macne Nana has the best English. It's very clear and it helps that unlike some of the other voice providers on the list, her VP is fluent in English.

#30 User is offline   Toraine Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Gumi, The Kagamines
  • Producers:A lot!

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:05 AM

Tied Fukase with Gumi. Went for Fukase.

• (4 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users