VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: The Tuning Thread - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (16 Pages) +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Tuning Thread Questions,Tips,etc.

#226 User is offline   AyuRox Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:37 AM

In the cases where the volume varies a lot and the vocals are too loud in one part and too quiet in another, I'll use an automation track for the volume for the vocals. I'd personally stay away from sidechaining the vocals to the music or vice versa, especially with a pre-made off vocal that's already mixed down. Cuz what I'd be concerned about is the music or vocals pumping or having weird volume drops. Which isn't to say you can't try it, but I'm assuming you're talking about the dreaming chuchu cover, and you're already dealing with a crappy Audacity vocal removal off vocal. The problem might lie somewhere other than the volume.

#227 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

View PostAyuRox, on 01 April 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

In the cases where the volume varies a lot and the vocals are too loud in one part and too quiet in another, I'll use an automation track for the volume for the vocals. I'd personally stay away from sidechaining the vocals to the music or vice versa, especially with a pre-made off vocal that's already mixed down. Cuz what I'd be concerned about is the music or vocals pumping or having weird volume drops. Which isn't to say you can't try it, but I'm assuming you're talking about the dreaming chuchu cover, and you're already dealing with a crappy Audacity vocal removal off vocal. The problem might lie somewhere other than the volume.

yeah. I think I probably am going to take it off because it's not helping much in making Nana clearer. It kinda gave her plugged nose for some reason.

#228 User is offline   Rodin Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:CUL
  • Producers:myself lol

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:53 PM

Hi, I started using Yumemi Nemu more and I don't really know how to tune her and make her sound good? When she is used well she can sound very realistic and nice but most of the time she just sounds like Gachapoid. Iv'e tried lowering gender factor a little and messing with the pitch bend and vibrato and it only sometimes gives decent results. Does anyone have any tips?

I am aiming for something that sounds like this: Yumemi Nemu Demo Song

• (16 Pages) +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users