VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: VOCAMERICA: The Western VOCALOID Concert Project Kickstarter Launch - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (8 Pages) +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VOCAMERICA: The Western VOCALOID Concert Project Kickstarter Launch

#106 User is offline   missy20201 Icon

• was Lεօղ
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Engloids + Kaito + SPNloids

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

TONIOOOOOOO

AND PRIMAAAA

#107 User is offline   roly-poly-fish-heads Icon

• Still The Zardmaster
  • Icon
  • Producers:Toraboruta, UtsuP, Junky

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

commence the party hardy.

#108 User is offline   -Andy Icon

• edgy red boy fan
  • Icon
  • Producers:Jesus-P Neru Giga-P MARETU

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

Shame for Bruno and Clara I really wanted them but YEAH Tonio and Prima are a go!

#109 User is offline   AkiGlancy Icon

• EmpathP
  • Icon

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:55 AM

Everyone we have done it....I have just one thing to say....

Now that the campaign is over, allow me to officially introduce the UTAU who reserved the performance reward.

She's an UTAU I was completely unfamiliar with, which I appreciated because it meant there was 0% bias there. Her name is Viki Hopper and she's a super charming UTAU with a simple yet adorable design (and she literally has the BEST glasses). Viki is bilingual and can sing in English AND Japanese. Her creator has asked for the chance to give her a small update before we feature her, so we will be working on AVANNA and OLIVER first before we work her in for her opening debut.

Please check out samples of her voice here:

And a BIG thank you to Ben, her creator who pledged for the project. He did everything by the book, and I'm truly excited to include her.

And guys, give yourselves all HUGE rounds of applause. You all did it, you made this possible. And I'm going to work to make this first concert as good as I possibly can.

#110 User is offline   SudoErasedMyComputer Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Cyber Diva, Songman, Sachiko, Luka
  • Producers:CircusP,xtraspicy,JOSUÀM4N6À

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:44 AM

View PostAkiGlancy, on 28 July 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

Please check out samples of her voice here:

OMG she's phenomenal!!!! Tbh, I like her cover better than the original, and I love that song so that says a lot!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!

Thank you Aki!! This is a turning point for the evolution of vocaloid and UTAU! Amazing job you guys.

#111 User is offline   AkiGlancy Icon

• EmpathP
  • Icon

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:22 AM

Alright you wonderful muffins you, here's a little update,

I've started getting emails from kickstarter regarding what to expect in the next few weeks. All the kickstarter money will be processed and transferred to me in 2 weeks. After that comes the worst part of the whole process: taxes.

Yes, as with all things in life, VOCAMERICA is not immune to the dreaded IRS. So, taxes will be taken out. I've calculated that (should all go well) I should be left with between $18,000-$16,000 USD. So, AFTER that, first things first is sending Yoistyle his payments. We're trying to decide the best way to do it (like, whether or not I should send him a lump sum NOW, or pay for the models as we go). We'll get iThe t all figured out, and it'll be grand.

Then of course comes the payments for my animators who have bee absolutely amazing. We have 8 songs currently animated, and we just need 2 more to complete our initial goal, so YAY!

Only after I have secured the payments for all my staff will merchandise begin being purchased. Luckily, it won't take me any time at all to get the merchandise made. Obviously, the bulk of stuff is coming from the Keychains (oh so many keychains). Those will be made post haste and I'll be ordering from at least 3 different companies in order to get everything done.

The T-shirts and CDs are the easiest things, as I'm getting them made from the place where I used to work. I'm really looking forward to the T-shirts personally because I think they'll be lots of fun.

Now, the DVD won't be coming out obviously until after our first concert. We're hoping to have it out by February, but, it all depends on how fast we get things edited and how fast Nekocon sends us the concert footage (as they have to film it themselves because they're union...ugh).

So, next week I will start making test renders of some of our animation. My backers will be given access to these test renders and I'm encouraging them to leave feedback. I REALLY want feedback on things guys, I'm not even joking, I can't fix things that people have problems with unless I get feedback. So I encourage everyone who has an opinion to let me know what you think. Obviously, I can't fix EVERYTHING, but I'll try to work on what I CAN edit, ya know?

I want you guys to be as involved as possible, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

#112 User is offline   heart★breaker Icon

• Rule #1 is that you've gotta have fun
  • Icon
  • Producers:Pinocchio-P, Wowaka, Wonder-K

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:28 AM

View Postorionhappytime, on 29 July 2016 - 03:47 AM, said:

Tbh, I like her cover better than the original, and I love that song so that says a lot!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!

Thank you Aki!! This is a turning point for the evolution of vocaloid and UTAU! Amazing job you guys.

TRIGGERED & bloccing...enough of this negativity in my life...

JK i like it better too,,Viki sounds gr8 and is a perfect addition to the vocamerica lineup

#113 User is offline   deztora Icon

• なぁあああに、おこってるの?
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Hio, Yukarin, Oliver, Len
  • Producers:kihitoP, ogino jun, C, 36g

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostAkiGlancy, on 30 July 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

I REALLY want feedback on things guys, I'm not even joking, I can't fix things that people have problems with unless I get feedback. So I encourage everyone who has an opinion to let me know what you think. Obviously, I can't fix EVERYTHING, but I'll try to work on what I CAN edit, ya know?

I want you guys to be as involved as possible, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Well I have both a question and some feedback.

My question: I'm assuming the merchandise is not just for the backers but for regular sale (this seems a safe assumption to make given you said merch is how you're making back money on this). So, this includes everything, the keychains (except the kickstarter-only ones of course), the shirts, the CD and the DVD, right? How will these be for sale: is it only going to be in person at the convention, or will there be an online method of buying? The timing of nekocon is really not great for me, so I don't think I'll be able to make it out to Virginia.

Now I'm not a backer (I had intended to but the money just didn't happen; it's been really tight these past few weeks. so tight), but just from the promo video on the kickstarter page I do have some feedback! Basically, the dance Dex does is kind of, incredibly hilarious. I somehow don't think that was the intention... I know you have modelers and animators on staff, but do you have anyone who is a dancer and does furitsuke? I know westerners don't really do their own furitsuke, but I think there might be some out there. Worse comes to worse, you could watch a lot of odottemita videos and pick up on moves you think work really well and try to incorporate them. (By the way, this is a general 'you' applying to whoever is working on the dances.) If you watch the first 39'sgiving concert, you can see there are a few moves that Miku recycles through multiple songs. Unique doesn't always mean good.

I fully expect this suggestion won't be feasible, since you said something about having animations already done for a lot of songs, but I figure since you're asking for feedback, this could at least be incorporated into future events.

Also you should totally have a live band and play music that isn't EDM, but that's not so much a feedback suggestion as what I specifically really want. てへぺろ(・ω<)

Edit: Aaaaaaand I check after the fact and realize that you do, in fact, have dancers on staff. Whoops. I didn't mean to knock anybody.

#114 User is offline   Leah Icon

• Fantaisie Impromptu
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Len, Fukase, flower
  • Producers:MARETU, DECO*27, n-buna

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

I agree that DEX's dance for My Impulse is pretty hilarious/ridiculous looking when the actual song is serious. He shouldn't really be dancing it, at least not like that.

#115 User is offline   Sir Vancelot Icon

• Addicted to Heroines
  • Icon

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:35 PM

View Postdeztora, on 30 July 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

My question: I'm assuming the merchandise is not just for the backers but for regular sale (this seems a safe assumption to make given you said merch is how you're making back money on this). So, this includes everything, the keychains (except the kickstarter-only ones of course), the shirts, the CD and the DVD, right? How will these be for sale: is it only going to be in person at the convention, or will there be an online method of buying? The timing of nekocon is really not great for me, so I don't think I'll be able to make it out to Virginia.

Some of the merch will be available for sale at the convention, but there will also be an online store for people to buy things later.

#116 User is offline   Florawolf Icon

• #feelthebern Bernie Sanders 2k16!
  • Icon
  • Producers:YZYX

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:52 PM

Shouldn't Vocamerica qualify as tax-exempt due to it being a non-profit concert?

#117 User is offline   AkiGlancy Icon

• EmpathP
  • Icon

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:08 PM

View Postdeztora, on 30 July 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

Well I have both a question and some feedback.

Now I'm not a backer (I had intended to but the money just didn't happen; it's been really tight these past few weeks. so tight), but just from the promo video on the kickstarter page I do have some feedback! Basically, the dance Dex does is kind of, incredibly hilarious. I somehow don't think that was the intention... I know you have modelers and animators on staff, but do you have anyone who is a dancer and does furitsuke? I know westerners don't really do their own furitsuke, but I think there might be some out there. Worse comes to worse, you could watch a lot of odottemita videos and pick up on moves you think work really well and try to incorporate them. (By the way, this is a general 'you' applying to whoever is working on the dances.) If you watch the first 39'sgiving concert, you can see there are a few moves that Miku recycles through multiple songs. Unique doesn't always mean good.

I fully expect this suggestion won't be feasible, since you said something about having animations already done for a lot of songs, but I figure since you're asking for feedback, this could at least be incorporated into future events.

Also you should totally have a live band and play music that isn't EDM, but that's not so much a feedback suggestion as what I specifically really want. てへぺろ(・ω<)

Edit: Aaaaaaand I check after the fact and realize that you do, in fact, have dancers on staff. Whoops. I didn't mean to knock anybody.

Good questions and feedback my dear. Let's see if I can get some of them cleared up:

There WILL be an online store AFTER the first concert. You will be able to buy just about ALL of the merchandise there. And if something is sold out, then just hold tight, we'll get it back in stock soon.

Now in regards to the My Impulse dance, as it's something we've already gotten choreographed and animated, we don't really have time to switch it out right now. However, there is the possibility of doing alternate dances in the future (just like how they do with the miku concerts). At the moment, I have to stick with what I got, but hopefully you all will like it enough for the first show. The style of dance that was chosen for my impulse was contemporary, and I HAVE edited the dance already (not too much, just sorta fixing things that were slightly off, and cutting down on some of the kicks and such). And the Choreographer and Animator did fantastic jobs, they're both so talented.

Most of my backers who saw me fixing the animation liked the energy, so hopefully the final product will be enjoyable.

Never fear though, like I said, alternative dances can be considered for the future. If it helps, for the first concert, think of it as a celebration of VOCALOID fans who brought their own ideas and creativity. And obviously, that feedback helps a lot and I'll keep it in mind for future choreography! I really appreciate your note on it, I'll discuss it with my staff for future shows.

View PostFlorawolf, on 30 July 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

Shouldn't Vocamerica qualify as tax-exempt due to it being a non-profit concert?

This is something we're trying to figure out. As mentioned, the only way I'm making my money back is through the sales of concert merchandise. But, that concert merchandise is essentially a product under Empathy Studios....so we need to figure out how it will be addressed. Keep your fingers crossed

EDIT Announcement: Alright darlings! As the campaign has now finished, it's time to get serious. From now on, my small updates will be posted via twitter and the kickstarter updates page. I won't be making any new smaller updates here unless something comes up that I think should be shared. And of course, I WILL make announcements when it gets closer to the show. But for now, hang tight, it's time to start work on getting things manufactured and packaged, and allowing my animators time to finish things up.

#118 User is offline   Hentai Icon

• |-| |ミ |\| "|" /-\ | -[]D
  • Icon

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:54 AM

My house keys after my Vocamerica Kickstarter reward came in.

Posted Image

This is an absurd amount of Keychains!

• (8 Pages) +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users