VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: VOCAMERICA: The Western VOCALOID Concert Project Kickstarter Launch - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (8 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VOCAMERICA: The Western VOCALOID Concert Project Kickstarter Launch

#16 User is offline   Masuta-Chan~ Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:Circus-P, Mothy-P, ect. :3

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

View Postkamuko, on 24 June 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

I wanted to ask a question. Since the the VOCAMERICA Concert Project is titled a "live holographic musical event" will there be a live band performing with the vocaloids? There was no specific mention of a band in the "What will this concert look like?" section on the project website.

Aki said in a live stream that a live band is /at the moment/ not in reach for her to get.

#17 User is offline   kamuko Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:takapi

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

View PostMasuta-Chan~, on 24 June 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Aki said in a live stream that a live band is /at the moment/ not in reach for her to get.

Ahhh, that's a pity, but thanks for clearing that up.

#18 User is offline   AkiGlancy Icon

• EmpathP
  • Icon

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:13 PM

EVERYONE!

I can't believe it. In less then 24 hours we've managed to raise over 3.5k

I want to thank you all for your amazing support. I'm truly honored and blessed.

To celebrate, how about a VOCAMERICA-themed livestream tonight at 6PM EST. I will reveal some special details.

The stream will be on my youtube channel, so keep your eyes pealed ;)

#19 User is offline   Masuta-Chan~ Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:03 PM

Will we get to see the Daina Model? XD Im excited about how her hair will look.

#20 User is offline   DS23 Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:44 PM

View PostMasuta-Chan~, on 24 June 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

I smell a stretch goal.

#21 User is offline   Masuta-Chan~ Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

View PostDS23, on 24 June 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

I smell a stretch goal.

I do believe she said, anything was possible. ^^'

#22 User is offline   Zoku Icon

• im a waking mess
  • Icon
  • Producers:DystoP, kuben, CircusP

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:35 PM

I see someone already grabbed the UTAU Performance Reward Package.. I wonder whose UTAU it is.

#23 User is offline   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Producers:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:13 AM

I fully expect the goal to either be met tonight or get very close to it. 4.5k at the most

#24 User is offline   AkiGlancy Icon

• EmpathP
  • Icon

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:57 AM

View PostMasuta-Chan~, on 24 June 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

Will we get to see the Daina Model? XD Im excited about how her hair will look.

of course! though the kickstarter backers will get to see her first, before we release public pictures. (At least of the finished models)

#25 User is offline   SKAmanda Icon

• All good things must come to an end
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:MEIKO, MEIKO, MEIKO, MEIKO
  • Producers:MijipinP, Tiara, maya, mie

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:30 AM

I unfortunately can't back it until I get paid next week heh but man I want that Daina keychain. I'm really excited for the concert! It's cool to see a list of everyone involved too, bless you all.

#26 User is offline   AkiGlancy Icon

• EmpathP
  • Icon

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:03 AM

Guys, what can I say to express my gratitude? We're currently at 4.5k right now and I am so flabbergasted I don't even know what I can say to thank you guys. Seriously, you guys have absolutely the most amazing people I ever ever had the privileged of having the support of. I can't thank you enough.

I love you all so much.

#27 User is offline   deztora Icon

• なぁあああに、おこってるの?
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Hio, Yukarin, Oliver, Len
  • Producers:kihitoP, ogino jun, C, 36g

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

So, this looks pretty solid! Good planning, good organization. You guys seem like you've got all your ducks in a row, which makes me (and other potential backers) feel better about throwing money at you. So, good job, first of all! I'm sure you remember the previous couple of failed attempts at vocaloid-related crowdfunding. (Didn't vocalekt vision want thousands of dollars for equipment for a concert or something? Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen, haha.) I just have a few questions, and I'm sorry if they were already answered somewhere else.

-I notice the Dex figure is shown both with the headphones (eugh) and the ears. Which will be in the concert? Can you say? (Same for Daina, I just really hate those headphones.)

-Why exactly is Namida there? I know it's easier to work with your own IP than to negotiate for use of someone else's, but it feels a bit superfluous with Daina present. Also, has the bank gotten any upgrades for this concert, in terms of smoothness, clarity, etc? Aiko I can understand, but isn't Namida CV and monolingual? Or has any of that changed?

-About the venue: how much space is available/what's the maximum capacity? Will it be seated or standing? Will there be a decent view no matter where you're sitting/standing?

-The kickstarter video said the songs have never been "performed in a live setting" before, making for a "wholly unique and original musical experience". Could you possibly expand on this? I know there won't be a live /band/, but will someone be there performing the songs, like a dj, etc? Live mixing? Perhaps having the vocals separated from the instrumental for that 'live' feel? Basically, I'm looking for something more than an experience you could get from watching an MMD PV on a big screen.

Thank you for your time, and I hope these questions weren't a bother. m(_ _)m (they're kinda organized least to most important haha) While not exactly right around the corner, Virginia is doable, so I wanna see if this would be worth the trip.

#28 User is offline   Sir Vancelot Icon

• Addicted to Heroines
  • Icon

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

View Postdeztora, on 25 June 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

-I notice the Dex figure is shown both with the headphones (eugh) and the ears. Which will be in the concert? Can you say? (Same for Daina, I just really hate those headphones.)

The Dex and Daina models will have sliders for their headphones and their ears/tails. So it's all combined in one model each.

#29 User is offline   deztora Icon

• なぁあああに、おこってるの?
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Hio, Yukarin, Oliver, Len
  • Producers:kihitoP, ogino jun, C, 36g

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

Well, I don't quite get it, but as long as we get the ears, I'm good.

#30 User is offline   AkiGlancy Icon

• EmpathP
  • Icon

Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

View Postdeztora, on 25 June 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

So, this looks pretty solid! Good planning, good organization. You guys seem like you've got all your ducks in a row, which makes me (and other potential backers) feel better about throwing money at you. So, good job, first of all! I'm sure you remember the previous couple of failed attempts at vocaloid-related crowdfunding. (Didn't vocalekt vision want thousands of dollars for equipment for a concert or something? Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen, haha.) I just have a few questions, and I'm sorry if they were already answered somewhere else.

-Why exactly is Namida there? I know it's easier to work with your own IP than to negotiate for use of someone else's, but it feels a bit superfluous with Daina present. Also, has the bank gotten any upgrades for this concert, in terms of smoothness, clarity, etc? Aiko I can understand, but isn't Namida CV and monolingual? Or has any of that changed?

-About the venue: how much space is available/what's the maximum capacity? Will it be seated or standing? Will there be a decent view no matter where you're sitting/standing?

-The kickstarter video said the songs have never been "performed in a live setting" before, making for a "wholly unique and original musical experience". Could you possibly expand on this? I know there won't be a live /band/, but will someone be there performing the songs, like a dj, etc? Live mixing? Perhaps having the vocals separated from the instrumental for that 'live' feel? Basically, I'm looking for something more than an experience you could get from watching an MMD PV on a big screen.

Thank you for your time, and I hope these questions weren't a bother. m(_ _)m (they're kinda organized least to most important haha) While not exactly right around the corner, Virginia is doable, so I wanna see if this would be worth the trip.

Hullo my love,

Excellent questions, let me see if I can answer as best I can:

1.) Dex and Daina's Headphones: At present the main module we'll be using is the "boxart version" (hence the headphones), primarily for continuity's sake. BUT, these modules come with sliders that hide the headphones and human ears and turn them into their kemonomimi versions. What I'm planning to do is, after we've made our minimum of 5,000 USD, I'll open up a poll on the kikcstarter project that will allow people to vote whether not the kemonomimi versions ALSO show up in concert. I know that some people don't like the kemonomimi versions, and as they're not the versions on the boxart, I didn't want to confuse people you know? But if enough people want the Kemono versions to make an appearance, then they will!

2.) Namida's Appearance: This is the one question I've been getting a lot (and honestly, I totally understand why people are asking about it). The reason she's there is because this concert is being sponsored by my studio Empathy Studios, and since Namida's retirement, she has become the official spokesperson for my studio. Initially, when I conceived this concert, she was going to come out before Dex and Daina showed up, and do a little studio PR (like saying something along the lines of "Hello everyone! I'm Namida from Empathy Studios. We want to thank you for coming to our concert, and we hope you'll have a wonderful time!"). The reason I was planning to do that was because of....I guess you can call it "lack of character" for Daina. We don't want to press upon our attendees with how WE feel Dex and Daina should act (we're keeping them very generic in terms of personality). But, with Namida, I can voice act for her and give her a personality to introduce the concerts without worry. I still plan to have her do that for future concerts, but she might not be doing it for this one (as Nekocon will have me introducing the concert instead). Now, never fear, Namida (at least presently) is only making ONE appearance, and that's in a duet with Aiko Kikyuune for Myst's song "Face2Face". I DO have a solo for her choreographed, but I have no animator for it currently, so she will ONLY appear in one song for the duet (and if that changes I will let you all know). I hope that makes sense. Though I understand why people do not approve, truly I do.

3.) Venue Space: Now, in past Nekocon events, we've managed to get 1,300 people in that room. However, they've told me they're expanding it for this year to make it even bigger. Therefore, I'm not sure HOW many we'll be able to get in there. Nekocon has basically told me "We'll fit in as many people as we can!". So I estimate between 1,000-1,800 people....at least that's what I hope for, haha!

4.) Sound: The songs are being mixed for concert in a way so that it will simulate a live performance....it's hard to explain in laymans terms, but basically, we have to re-master, and remix them at a certain frequency in order to make it sound like they're singing live. Kenji-B will be helping me with that (as I'm still learning my new FL Studio program), but hopefully this will mean that the singers will SOUND like they're singing live (or at least as close to it as possible). We will also be having the character interact with the audience as much as possible during breaks in the songs, and we're even going to TRY and have them talk to the audience (which is something not too many fan-produced concerts have done, due to animation difficulties). As we work, we'll get some tests shared with the kicstarter backers, so they can give us feedback, and let us know what might need to be tweaked.

I think that answers your questions (if I missed one, just poke me). And thank you so much for your kind words, it really means a lot to me. Working on this kickstarter has been 2 months of stress XD haha! I'm glad that everyone seems to be supportive and encouraging though!

• (8 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users