VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: IA screenings across Australia - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IA screenings across Australia All IA movie screenings in Australia in one place

#1 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Teto, IA
  • Producers:HSP, KZ, JTP, #8Prince, DECO27

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

There will be screenings of the IA concert in BOTH Sydney at SMASH (5 Aug) and twice in Melbourne at Madman Anime Fest! (3-4 Sep)

*edit* Note: This was previously thought to be a live event according to a media source, however it is actually a screening.

"PSA: It has come to our attention that there might be some confusion about IA's appearance at the SMASH! 10th Anniversary Event. Please note that there will be a screening of IA's concert movie, not a live concert. However, if there is a positive response from Australian fans, IA's agency 1st Place will certainly look into doing a full live concert in Australia in the future!" SMASH! fb page.

"In an Australian first, international Vocaloid sensation IA, will be coming to SMASH! Sydney Manga and Anime Show to perform live at SMASH!’s 10th anniversary event on August 20th." - Hello Asia

IA will have a screening during the SMASH! Anniversary event, between 7pm-10:30pm, after the main day festivities.

Ticket sales close on Friday August 5 at 23:59.
Make sure that you buy the Anniversary tickets. (i.e "Saturday and Anniversary ticket" or "Weekend and Anniversary Ticket")
If you are too late, you can still buy standard tickets at event and then buy the anniversary tickets on site, but I don't know what the limit or quantity of the tickets.
You must buy an anniversary ticket to see the anniversary event, which includes both IA's screening and other shows, including performances by Hachiouji P!

IA world page has shared SMASH's most recent announcement of the screening on fb.
It is not yet mentioned on the screening tour webpage.

Official tweets:
Spoiler

Spoiler

→ SMASH! Ticket info

→ Official source of clarification about screening here

There will be a screenings of the concert movie at Madman Anime Fest on September 3rd and 4th.

Official Tweet:
Spoiler

View PostTiggie3010, on 02 August 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

At the first ever Madman Anime Festival the IA concert will also be screened!
Official Webpage: http://www.animefest...m.au/events/ia/
Twitter Announcement: https://twitter.com/...366875960160256

Madman Anime Fest will be held in Melbourne on September 3rd and 4th. Entry into the screening is included in the sunday and weekend pass.
Tickets found here: http://www.animefest...au/buy-tickets/

#2 User is offline   neeks Icon

• Icon

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

sorry to kill the vibes real quick but the event will only feature a screening of IA's concert movie and not a live concert

source

i was legit hella excited but at least 1st place acknowledges australian fans and hopefully there will be a live concert in the near future

but im still excited for hachioji-p

#3 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

Hahah yes I Just saw their message on facebook. I'll edit the post :P.

#4 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, MIR△ISONIC

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

I was really excited for a second because I thought there would be a Vocaloid concert in the country I live in, even though I wouldn't be able to go due to it being a long way away. I hope this is a success though, it might make more Vocaloid related events here if it is!

#5 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

Okay so based on my misinformation, this thread's title has been renamed to "IA screening in Sydney at SMASH!" Sorry for the confusion. Hello Asia's announcement was deceiving.

#6 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, MIR△ISONIC

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostVocalVortex, on 01 August 2016 - 09:46 PM, said:

Okay so based on my misinformation, this thread's title either needs to be renamed to "IA screening in Sydney at SMASH!" or deleted and I'll post it elsewhere.

I think the first post of the thread about the IA concert screenings should be updated and this should be put in it, but person who posted it hasn't been on here since July 8 so that probably won't happen anytime soon.

#7 User is online   exemplar Icon

• Icon

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

Really?

A HOLOGRAM ANIME CONCERT IS COMING TO SYD BECAUSE 2016 IS A CYBERPUNK HELL

Because 2016 is a hellish cyberpunk dystopia we haven't fully come to terms with, there are still cultural phenomenons with the potential to amaze. Here's one: there's an anime concert coming to Sydney, 'performed' by 'the world’s top digital humanoid popstar' IA.

IA is a 'holographic vocaloid' created by the Yamaha Corporation, which is a sentence that fell straight out of a Philip K. Dick novel, and she apparently literally sells out stadiums in Japan. Now she's coming to perform at SMASH! Sydney Manga and Anime Show. It's... a sight to behold. Watch her perform with real actual humans:

“Virtual popstars like IA are considered the future for pop music in Japan, regularly selling out live stadium shows and racking up millions of views on Youtube.” Said SMASH! President Andrew Qiu “This year SMASH! is celebrating 10 years of bringing the very best of Japanese pop culture to Australia and our special anniversary party is the perfect opportunity to herald in a new decade for the event by presenting IA live in concert.”

How good is late capitalism? They've engineered a popstar that will never have a sex scandal, or a drug scandal, who will never die and can perform in multiple places at once. Doesn't get any more dystopian than that, folks.

https://pedestrian.t...dc5da5319a3.htm

#8 User is offline   DS23 Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:02 AM

And here I was about to say oh cool of 1st Place doing a show in Aus before Crypton but lol NOPE!

#9 User is offline   Gīma Icon

• That oppa you probably shouldn't rely on
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Luka, Iroha, Merli, Mew, Uni, VY2
  • Producers:Camellia, sat, MiYaBi

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:41 AM

You can change the title by editing your OP in the full editor, and please do so ASAP because I actually got hyped for a millionth of a second. But a screening isn't worth the price of a flight+acomm to Sydney.

Hachiouji would be nice to see but it's not the first time he's come to Australia, so it's not a once-in-a-lifetime missed opportunity, he'll probably return soon.

#10 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

View Postexemplar, on 01 August 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

It seems like at least two different media sources have been mislead... by an accidental statement by the President of SMASH?
One day after these media posts, they made a correction on facebook, but you may already know this by now.

View PostGīma, on 02 August 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

You can change the title by editing your OP in the full editor, and please do so ASAP because I actually got hyped for a millionth of a second.

Thanks for that info. I've fixed it up now. Sorry about the misleading info. I felt rather let down after getting hyped up too.

#11 User is offline   Tiggie3010 Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Neru,GigaP,DECO27, mafumafu

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:58 AM

The fact we're actually getting an official vocaloid thing even a screening is awesome. Hopefully the fans will show 1st place (and maybe even crypton who knows) how loved vocaloid is here and open up future possibilities if a concert ever happened i would die.
I would love to go to smash this year but its in the middle of my trial hsc so no can do. To those who can go i hope you all have fun!

#12 User is offline   I'm Poppy Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:55 AM

View Postexemplar, on 01 August 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

How is that ''dystopian''.

Dystopia is anti-utopia?????? How is that ''dystopian''??????

#13 User is offline   thatguy Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Obscure artists

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:01 AM

Aw yeah! Who ready to smash! Better stay hydrated before and after cuz its gonna take a lot of energy screaming and bouncin around cuz its so awesome. (other sex innuendos that pertain to the word smash)

But seriously
I live to see the day when there is an IA concert outside of Japan

#14 User is offline   DS23 Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:48 AM

There's been little showcase mini shows in LA and NYC iirc

#15 User is offline   Tiggie3010 Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Neru,GigaP,DECO27, mafumafu

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:46 AM

Hey guys even better news! What can be better than a screening of an IA concert? How about 2 screening of an IA concert?? Yes you read correctly. THERE IS ANOTHER SCREENING.

At the first ever Madman Anime Festival the IA concert will also be screened!
Official Webpage: http://www.animefest...m.au/events/ia/
Twitter Announcement: https://twitter.com/...366875960160256

Madman Anime Fest will be held in Melbourne on September 3rd and 4th. Entry into the screening is included in the sunday and weekend pass.
Tickets found here: http://www.animefest...au/buy-tickets/

GUESS WHOS GOING GUYS

• (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users