VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: IA screenings across Australia - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IA screenings across Australia All IA movie screenings in Australia in one place

#16 User is offline   KJNanika~ Icon

• The Devil is a loser and he's Murdoc's bitch
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Miku, IA, Fukase, Gumi
  • Producers:Hachioji-P, kz, Mitchie M

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

I wish I could go and see the screening, but unfortunately I live in Melbourne and I have school, therefore this is impossible :(

Oh well, time to look it up on YouTube

#17 User is offline   LiterallyNii Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:2moch2type

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

View PostToxycave, on 02 August 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

How is that ''dystopian''.

Dystopia is anti-utopia?????? How is that ''dystopian''??????

I don't know! Apparently they want a celebrity who has sex and drug scandals! Either they are a technophobe, or they are dumb and think vocaloids can think on their own and take over the world...

#18 User is offline   ChibiWolf18 Icon

• Ore-Sama
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Utatane Piko, Kagamine Len, Kaito, Meiko
  • Producers:Crusher-p, Vocacircus, GHOST

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:32 AM

When I first read this, I thought there was gonna be a Vocaloid concert in Australia for once. Looks like there isn't, but I wouldn't have been able to go anyways (Too young to go by myself, I live well away from Sydney in West Aus.)

#19 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, MIR△ISONIC

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

View PostChibiWolf18, on 03 August 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

When I first read this, I thought there was gonna be a Vocaloid concert in Australia for once. Looks like there isn't, but I wouldn't have been able to go anyways (Too young to go by myself, I live well away from Sydney in West Aus.)

If there is another one, I think it'll be in Perth or SE Queensland because that's where most Vocaloid fans that I know about in Australia (excluding Melbourne/Sydney) are from. Hopefully there's a tour one day that goes to all of the state capitals so we all can get a fair chance to go to one. It'll be a lot easier than doing it in America or something due to us only having 6 states They are all really spread out though, but they don't need to know that

#20 User is offline   Cyana Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:HitoshizukuxYama, Giga-P, niki

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

Even the nearest capital is too far for me rip
Still, it's great that something is happening in Australia, even a screening. I hope there'll be more events in the future, and if they go to more cities that would be awesome.

#21 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:23 AM

Is anyone going to the Melbourne screening? I bought my tickets 2 days ago, so I was wondering if there was any people here going so I don't regret not knowing until after the event.

#22 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Teto, IA
  • Producers:HSP, KZ, JTP, #8Prince, DECO27

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:57 AM

I agree that it's wonderful to have vocalo anything here in OZ and that it is a chance for us to say "Hey! We're here and we love this stuff! Give us more!" :iarocks:

I'll be there at Smash donning some IA、 Miku (and a little Teto) gear to show my support. There will be official goods on sale there too.

Great to hear Melbourne is getting a screening too! I will be away during that second screening though, as I will be in Japan to see another certain vocaloid event...

#23 User is offline   Tiggie3010 Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Neru,GigaP,DECO27, mafumafu

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostAmero, on 10 August 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

Is anyone going to the Melbourne screening? I bought my tickets 2 days ago, so I was wondering if there was any people here going so I don't regret not knowing until after the event.

I haven't brought tickets yet but i'm looking at going too! Hopefully buying the tickets soon so i dont miss out

#24 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

View PostTiggie3010, on 11 August 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

I haven't brought tickets yet but i'm looking at going too! Hopefully buying the tickets soon so i dont miss out

Woohoo! Another person I know going!

If we both do go, sorry if I can't meet you for very long, I'm already torn up between 2 or 3 groups of people that I know are going.

Honestly, I didn't realise how big this convention will be. Every anime fan in Melbourne that I said something about this convention to is going, so I imagine a lot of people start being interested in Vocaloid because of it. Plus I'm really excited that I get to go to Jeff's Shed, since I haven't been to it before.

Spoiler

Edit: Just realised that the screening will be on Father's Day, but hopefully that doesn't affect how much people are going on the day.

This post has been edited by Amero: 12 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

#25 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

The schedule will be revealed! IA will be perform at 17:30/5:30pm at the "AnimeLab Arena". AnimeLab is an anime streaming service owned by the company that is running the festival, Madman!

Click here to see the whole schedule

#26 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

I'm a little late here but here's a summary of the event at SMASH! Con in Sydney on the 20th.

The screening was great to see. It was played before Hachiouji P took the stage during the evening anniversary event on 20th Aug. It was 45 minutes long and the setlist of the screening was similar (if not the same) as the 2015 concert at Cool Japan Festival at Club Nokia in July last year. They handed out glowsticks and the audience was pretty good for the Ozzies. They had an adoring reaction when she was speaking to the audience. They also had a 30 minute version on another stage during the following day for those not at the anniversary event. While the experience pales to the sensation of an actual full-on Vocaloid concert, it was still fun and I am glad 1st place is raising awareness of IA's wonderful voice via their screening caravan, and that they took interest in Australia. I am still yet to experience IA live, so I will be keeping a close eye on where she goes after Shangai on 27th August (tomorrow!), Hong Kong, performing alongside her VB provider, Lia in September and finally Costa Rica in October.

There was a booth there where they were selling shirts, badge sets, keychains and mini posters. I went there wearing my IA shirt, along with badges and a keychain on my bag. I bought one of the shirts, as I already had the badges and keychain!
They were also giving away IA postcards to those who like the fb page (which I had already done), but for me, they just gave me all 3 for clearly being an IA fan. (Though I like many Vocaloids!)

Hachiouji P performed after IA's main screening and frankly he was awesome. He played Vocaloid songs such as Sweet Devil, Weekender Girl, Hibikase and Ai Kotoba. He also played non vocaloid themes from anime that I am unaware of but, judging by the reaction of others, many knew and loved.
Earlier in the day, he did a Q&A panel as well as signings on both days. I managed to ask him a couple questions and at the signing I got his signature twice, along with a couple of photos with him! I managed to say in my barbarian Japanese that I'd like to see him collab with tilt-six, as well as tell him I will be seeing him at Magical Mirai this year. That was my first time meeting with a Vocaloid producer and a great experience at that.

To those of you going to see the screening at Animefest in Melbourne on Sep 3rd and 4th, please enjoy and bring your glowsticks!
To those interested, here's the goodies I got:

Spoiler

#27 User is offline   Technoid Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostVocalVortex, on 26 August 2016 - 03:08 AM, said:

I'm a little late here but here's a summary of the event at SMASH! Con in Sydney on the 20th...

Thank you for letting us know how it went!

#28 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:52 AM

I went to the convention in Melbourne with the IA screening, but I had to leave before the IA performance because I had to do stuff with family.

There were a few other smaller Vocaloid things there. There was an official IA merchandise booth, and some Miku stuff being sold at some of the other ones. Unfortunately, I didn't see a Miku figurine that I wanted until I spent all of my money on other stuff so I couldn't get it.

I saw one Miku cosplay and 2 IA ones, with one of the IA cosplayers being in the IA merch booth. The Miku cosplayer also appeared on a live Podacast recording, and I think it will appear on the radio station "SBS PopAsia" sometime between 8pm and 9pm Australian eastern time on Wednesday. You will be able to stream the podcast here when it's updated (which I assume will be on Wednesday night or Thursday morning, but I'm not sure). If you're wondering, they called Miku a "Japanese Idol" and not an anime or anything, and they never bought up Vocaloid apart from that. It was also in a segment where they gave cosplayers corny pick up lines and the cosplayers say if they'll accept it if they were actually used on them.

#29 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:33 AM

News broke out on the 1st place anniversary stream for Live IA concerts in Melbourne, Australia and Mexico! Not screenings this time by the looks.
Check it out on this thread.

Posted Image

#30 User is offline   VocalVortex Icon

• Icon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

More IA screenings are coming to Australia!
This time it's at Madman in Brisbane, June 11th, Sunday afternoon. (Duration: 45 Minutes)
This is the closest IA event to me yet. Needless to say, I'll be there.
I have updated the name of this thread to "IA screenings across Australia"

FB Post: https://www.facebook...51565848281253/

Madman site post: http://www.animefest...deo-ia-brisbane

Posted Image

• (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users