VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Unnamed New VocaTone Vocal - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unnamed New VocaTone Vocal

#16 User is offline   hind Icon

• im writing that anime article i swear
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Yukari, Rin, Fukase, MAYU
  • Producers:Hikarisyuyo, YM, shr, cosMo

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:15 AM

Since Ausgris is being worked on, pop/rock female vocal please
Something on the weight of (a good) Sonika.

#17 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, MIR△ISONIC

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:04 AM

I hope this ends up being new and something we haven't seen much of before, such as a voice suited towards different genres than normal or an uncommon voice type. Being a new language will be cool, but I don't see it happening yet.

If it is in English, I hope it isn't another one with a general/standard American accent. It would be cool having different accents, since so far all of their accents of released English Vocaloid 4s have been as a second language (like Rin, Len and Miku) or an American accent. Not that American accents are bad, it's just strange having so many being released recently compared to other accented Vocaloids.

#18 User is offline   FallenNights Icon

• Agender Emo Freak
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Flower, CYVA

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

View PostAmero, on 22 December 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

I hope this ends up being new and something we haven't seen much of before, such as a voice suited towards different genres than normal or an uncommon voice type. Being a new language will be cool, but I don't see it happening yet.

If it is in English, I hope it isn't another one with a general/standard American accent. It would be cool having different accents, since so far all of their accents of released English Vocaloid 4s have been as a second language (like Rin, Len and Miku) or an American accent. Not that American accents are bad, it's just strange having so many being released recently compared to other accented Vocaloids.

We have 10 non-American engloids

And like 4 American Engloids

Sooo

#19 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

• scottish vocaperson ❤
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Vocaloids:Chika

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:08 AM

True but all the British VBs are on older engines, which means sooner or later they could go the way of V1 and V2 where support is either entirely dropped or dropped to an extent where importing was almost impossible without companies stepping in.

I'd like to have a new British voicebank on V4, so there'd be at least one that wouldn't be falling behind come next engine if that ever happens (and importing is still accepted).

#20 User is offline   Paradoxical Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Iroha, Dex, Kaito
  • Producers:PeperonP, Ebot

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:55 PM

I'm gonna be the odd one out here and say what no else will: I want a soft, whispery vocal.

Not soft like most of the older engloids, but more like an actual soft or even whisper "append" voicebank. Kaito whisper, Gackpo whisper, Miku soft, Fukase soft. I just want a really soft and either sweet or sad vocal.

Spoiler

#21 User is offline   Zoku Icon

• im a waking mess
  • Icon
  • Producers:DystoP, kuben, CircusP

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

Update! Three new vocals being worked on, actively.

"VocaTone is making steady progress with 3 potential English vocals, one of them being Ausgris."

http://vocatoneoffic...progress-with-3

#22 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostFallenNights, on 22 December 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

We have 10 non-American engloids

And like 4 American Engloids

Sooo

I know this is an old post... I agree with you, but for other reasons and I think there should be more accents then just America and British... there is a lot to offer. When you consider depending on the accent even and vocal types of similar nature can vary their result greater in English vocals then Japanese... I like it when a new experiment is done on a new accent.

Furthermore, the current Vocaloid market has about half (or more) filled with Japanese-English vocals rather then Natives and despite the Natives tending to be better overall (and CFM in particular known for its short-cut taking)... The Japanese vocals seem to be more popular and doing better often because its Miku, Gumi, Len, etc. Then again, I'm in the mindset that nobody should try and compete with popular vocaloids and should just try and find their own way without attempting to compete with them...

But as I write I'm reminded the western fandom has long-term issues that it is dealing with so...Meh, whatever until the vocals are confirmed I won't really say much else. Even in regards to Augris... The V4 releases that he overlaps with are Len, Fukase and Dex... Len is a female vocal not really a male (and it is really an issue in the English vocal), Dex is very different to what we've heard of Augris in vocal type, and Fukase went the other direction. I can't wait to hear the other 2 if we're ever shown them...

I just hope they change the artist for Augris... I'm not a fan of Cross's art style as it never looks right and they can look too long in the face or doped up and high. And thats my only comment since... I find talking about art and design of the boxart a moot issues as anyone who pays attention once in a blue moon would know. Plus after how different Dex and Daina was the design is dull, and the Ruby stuff was just too much hassle.

#23 User is offline   Tema Icon

• Living Katsudon
  • Icon

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

Len isn't a female vocal just because Shimoda is a woman. By that logic Iroha's a male vocal.

But anyway I am always hyped for new potential Engloids (come onnn someone who sounds like Lola or Miriam lol I have big dreams)

#24 User is offline   Fukase's Hat Icon

• Robyn Is A Ninja
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Oliver Kaito Avanna Anon Wil Fukase Lumi
  • Producers:AdyS, Yukitsuki, EmpathP, KTKT

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

YESSSSSS so hyped for them!! I wonder what kinda vocals they'll pull off this time? Can't wait for Vocatone's looooong awaited official comeback I shouldn't get my hopes up for an Oliver update lmao

#25 User is offline   Sonianjeriku Icon

• A.k.a 闇の黄昏P
  • Icon
  • Producers:UtsuP, EmpathP, CrusherP...etc

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

I'm sorry to say that but... After the developpement and the communication around Ruby... I have no hopes for this new Vocaloid.

#26 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostTema, on 05 July 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Len isn't a female vocal just because Shimoda is a woman. By that logic Iroha's a male vocal.

Well;
Spoiler

Also some advice on Iroha;
Spoiler

Sonianjeriku Kagamine, I wouldn't worry as VocaTone has experience with PFX and know about their communication issues, they never got plagued by it during Oliver's release. yamaha were a bigger annoyance.

The situation was mostly Ander's fault as he was failing to make either side understand what is going on, so Syo thought he was getting more then he did and PFX didn't know what they were getting. I know people want to blame PFX souly, but both Syo and they were left in the deep end as he didn't explain it correctly. Not everyone wants to hear that as they were too busy at the end protesting how bad PowerFX were and things like "I'm going to Pocaloid Ruby to punish PFX" were being said, when the only one who would be punished was Syo as he got a bonus based on how well she sold... Plus the chance for a bigger bonus if she had more vocals released. If another situation ever does happen like that, I just hope someone tries to cal all sides down to avoid the stupidity protests (not the protest, people have the right to protest) and let common sense. I mean seeing people who have no interest in English Vocaloid and wouldn't buy her anyway... Kinda makes me roll my eyes.

PFX has always had a bumbling side though... Bil told us bluntly v4 was coming several months before it was announced, which made Wat from CFM go *oh crap, they've figured out what we mean by "New Luka" when we're trying to avoid "Luka V4" and its why we're not calling her "Luka V3"* which was funny to witness... someone forgot to pass the Memo to PFX apparently... *whoops*. I don't know why everyone was trying to make them a villain though, as I said afterwards no other studio every was open about vocaloid development discussions in terms of individual voicebanks... it was kinda nice and we didn't get it from the other studios. Bil never failed to answer any of my questions. :->

In short... I think Vocatone knows what their getting into.

#27 User is offline   Fukase's Hat Icon

• Robyn Is A Ninja
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Oliver Kaito Avanna Anon Wil Fukase Lumi
  • Producers:AdyS, Yukitsuki, EmpathP, KTKT

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

View PostSonianjeriku Kagamine, on 10 July 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

I'm sorry to say that but... After the developpement and the communication around Ruby... I have no hopes for this new Vocaloid.

Afaik what happened with Ruby was from an offhand branch of Vocatone, and the communication problem from their side came mainly from Anders. This isn't the small one off branch of Vocatone, it's the core team doing their thing.

#28 User is offline   D!zzy Icon

• [dZ]
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:Hachi, Team Kamiuta, Ryuryu

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

Either way, I'm very excited to see what the new team can do.

I hope they sealed a deal with a distributor before they began creating these Vocaloids. It would be risky to program a voicebank then have no one to sell it (Lucia/Luan's original situation).

#29 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

View PostD!zzyZebra, on 10 July 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

Either way, I'm very excited to see what the new team can do.

I hope they sealed a deal with a distributor before they began creating these Vocaloids. It would be risky to program a voicebank then have no one to sell it (Lucia/Luan's original situation).

Well, despite the issues with Ruby, if Anders is still a go between they have access to Zero-G, PowerFX and Crypton Future Media.

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users