VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: How much did Vocaloid grow in 2015? - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How much did Vocaloid grow in 2015?

#1 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

http://www.itmedia.c...07/news084.html

Okay I know this seems weird to release it in 2016, but someone punched numbers and here it is. Basically Vocaloid had a growth of 2.2%, which does include Miku and live stuff too, I don't know how accurate it is but for those who lie numbers... Here is something to read.

And if there is a legit reason behind this, the GOOD news either way is Vocaloid isn't dead yet. This is the second year in a row good news hit us (in 2014, Miku V3 increased sales of Vocaloid and it in tital experience about 19.7% growth as a franchise). So next time someone says "Vocaloid is Dead"... No.. It isn't... Really...
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#2 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:45 PM

On the eastern side of things it has been going strong this past year (yeah, i'm including vsinger's success in China). Things have been getting better in the west too. North america got alot of concerts from crypton this year and many of them where sold out or had multiple shows in a single day. Not only that but 1st Place had a full concert in Costa Rica (along with heavy promotion in spanish speaking countries); a remix of a Miku song was used in a LG phone commercial with a big action star that got tons of international play; Miku posters are now being sold in the three largest retailers in the United States (Target, Walmart & KMart), Five Below, Hot Topic and Spencers and on a kinda random note; Sad Machine was the 5th most played song in Berkeley, California according to Spotify which is a pretty big city (not bad for a two year old song).

Not only was there growth on the western side the past two years; but it has been shown that the growth has been sustainable and that can be VERY GOOD news for those who might want to invest in vocaloid, vocaloid merch and concerts too. 2017 might end up being a huge break out year for vocaloid and other synths in the west because of 2015 and 2016.

#3 User is offline   Amero Icon

• I'm not a currency.
  • Icon
  • Producers:Neru, MIR△ISONIC

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:54 AM

I'm happy with this, because it disproves the "Vocaloid is dying" stuff that's being thrown around recently. I wouldn't be shocked if it was higher this year, mainly due to all of the concerts in North America and elsewhere bringing in more fans from places outside of Japan.
Fanclubs I own
Spoiler

Fanclubs I'm in
Spoiler

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users