VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: A Little Song Writing Help Please? - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Little Song Writing Help Please?

#1 User is offline   Izzy Vitelli OFFICIAL Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Luka, GUMI, etc.
  • Producers:Myself + Too many to list

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:19 AM

So I need a tiny bit of help writing some song lyrics out. For Miku's 10th I'm writing a thank you song for her to sing. Thing is, she's singing in 5-6 different languages. Some lyrics will be easy for me to translate but other's I'll need help on.

Miku's singing in Japanese, English, Canadian French, Taiwanese, Chinese, and possibly Spanish. Since my Mother Tongue is English and I am fluent in French, I won't need to worry too much about the English and French Parts. I suck at Japanese, I'm still learning so that factors into poor Japanese skills. Since Miku's native vb is her Original Japanese bank, she'll mostly be singing in Japanese alongside English. Japanese may need correction and the other languages will need tons of revision.

When it comes to translating by myself, I tend to use three sites; Word Reference, freetranslation.com, and Google Translate (for the romaji).

I'm not a noob to the Vocaloid software though. I've practiced with it and have improved vastly, creating little experiments like this: Miku talking in french
I've also made this: Wishing Star

Because I want to have the song reflect on the countries Miku Expo has been in during 2016, I will need help translating and/or correcting lyrics as I write them. I'm only doing a bit at a time.
This first line is supposed to say "I've seen so much in just 10 years" In Japanese. Is this line correct? "を参照わずか 10 年で非常に多く見られる"

-Mod Edit- Posts merged. #Marric

Ask's for help. Isn't even helped once.

#2 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

View PostIzzy Vitelli OFFICIAL, on 14 January 2017 - 12:05 AM, said:

Ask's for help. Isn't even helped once.

In the forum rules don't double post. As for the Japanese, Vocaloidotaku isn't going to be the best place to ask. Some of us know Japanese, but a majority of us honestly don't speak the language beyond the basics. Your best bet is actually learning the language. What I can tell from my basic knowledge is that the を looks out of place since as a particle, it always comes after the direct object when speaking japanese.

edit: Also you shouldn't get that mad that you did get much help. You question is very specific, you are pretty new to the forums so most people don't know who you are, and you posted in the library where not many people would look for such a question.

#3 User is offline   Nimbu Icon

• The Lunar-Hopping Rabbit
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Rin Kagamine, KAITO and Oliver
  • Producers:niki

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:33 PM

I don't know if I'm too late.
My japanese is so amateur. I just have 1 and a half year xD anyways I would translate it like this:
私は10年をいろいろなことでみった. But it's barely accurate, the lit. translation would be something like: "I saw the decade with various things".

I don't know how to put in the "have" word to japanese.
But I translated the english phrase into spanish (don't worry Imma native spanish speaker) and then to japanese and this is what I have.
Deduction: The first trans is more stylish but less accured.
And the second one is more accured but it has the keigo so I don't think it would be good in a song. (I'd change the 見えました to a 見った)
So I hope this was useful in some way to you... I'm sorry TwT

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users