VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Help buying from Amazon Japan? - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

New VO Changelog - Find out more: http://www.vocaloido...ew-vo-changelog

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help buying from Amazon Japan?

#1 User is offline   Technoid Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

I want to pre-order 1st Place's Blu-ray of IA's first concert in Japan: http://world.1stplac...jp/archives/363 I figured Amazon Japan would be better than Animate-online, since we buy stuff from Amazon all the time, however my mother is worried about having her credit card info in a foriegn country. I'm not familiar with Japanese laws or anything, or Amazon Japan's policies. Does anyone have any experience purchasing from Amazon Japan? Any idea how secure/insecure it is compared to America's? What happens if I don't receive it? How can I contact them since I don't know Japanese? Can I remove the card's info from the site after I'm done with my purchase? Is there some sort of temporary card I can use on there?

#2 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

View PostTechnoid, on 14 January 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

I want to pre-order 1st Place's Blu-ray of IA's first concert in Japan: http://world.1stplac...jp/archives/363 I figured Amazon Japan would be better than Animate-online, since we buy stuff from Amazon all the time, however my mother is worried about having her credit card info in a foriegn country. I'm not familiar with Japanese laws or anything, or Amazon Japan's policies. Does anyone have any experience purchasing from Amazon Japan? Any idea how secure/insecure it is compared to America's? What happens if I don't receive it? How can I contact them since I don't know Japanese? Can I remove the card's info from the site after I'm done with my purchase? Is there some sort of temporary card I can use on there?

I've never had any trouble ordering stuff from Japan. It does take longer and most sellers recommend getting the upgraded shipping so it can be tracked, but Amazon Japan usually follows Amazons standard policies of if it doesn't show up and you call amazon customer care you get a refund. If you are really worried I would just get a Visa gift card and then order it using that. That way it has the exact amount and a real credit card isn't given.

edit: If you need to know how much it would be. The Blu-Ray would be 65 and then about an extra 20 for shipping to be on the safe side so getting a Visa giftcard for about 100 wuld cover everything.

#3 User is offline   Technoid Icon

• Icon

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

View Postsleepysheep7, on 14 January 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

I've never had any trouble ordering stuff from Japan. It does take longer and most sellers recommend getting the upgraded shipping so it can be tracked, but Amazon Japan usually follows Amazons standard policies of if it doesn't show up and you call amazon customer care you get a refund. If you are really worried I would just get a Visa gift card and then order it using that. That way it has the exact amount and a real credit card isn't given.

edit: If you need to know how much it would be. The Blu-Ray would be 65 and then about an extra 20 for shipping to be on the safe side so getting a Visa giftcard for about 100 wuld cover everything.

Thanks a lot for your information! Gosh, I hadn't realized it would be so much. Maybe someone will sell it on eBay sometime... One can hope, right? ^^

One question though, for future reference, would I call Amazon Japan customer care? Wouldn't they speak Japanese?

#4 User is offline   wei wei Icon

• do not disappoint the Miku!
  • Icon

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:54 AM

i've never had a problem with Amazon JP. they're really good with pre-orders too. if you go the E-bay route, you could be waiting a long time and/or the seller might mark up the price on you. if you don't trust Amazon JP, i'll buy it thru Amazon JP, ship it to you, and you can pay me back via PayPal.

#5 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

View PostTechnoid, on 14 January 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for your information! Gosh, I hadn't realized it would be so much. Maybe someone will sell it on eBay sometime... One can hope, right? ^^

One question though, for future reference, would I call Amazon Japan customer care? Wouldn't they speak Japanese?

Nah I would just call the American or international customer care. From what I understand (don't quote me on this though) from a friend who works in the distribution center where I live, all business that sign up for Amazon have there information sent to the regional and international headquarters for such issues. It is to help cut down on fraud.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users