VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: timing - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Jump to content

New VO Changelog - Find out more: http://www.vocaloido...ew-vo-changelog

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

timing consonants timing alter ego

#1 User is offline   lica Icon

  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 05-March 17
  • Gender:Undisclosed

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

Hi everybody

At the moment I use the synth voice Alter Ego. and it's ok, but I'm looking for something better.
The main problem I have with Alter Ego is that the consonants make the timing laid back on those words.
Is it the same with Vocaloid?
0


#2 User is offline   Frousties Icon

  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 91
  • Joined: 27-August 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your fridge, France
  • Vocaloids:CyVa / IA / GUMI
  • Producers:Circus-P / MitchieM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:44 AM

No, it isn't. Alter/Ego has actually a lot of flaws like that.
0


#3 User is offline   lica Icon

  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 05-March 17
  • Gender:Undisclosed

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

View PostFrousties, on 05 March 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

No, it isn't. Alter/Ego has actually a lot of flaws like that.

ok, thanks :), I wish there were somewhere I can see more exact how it works. From entering a note, add text until it sounds good.
I really want the program, but I suspect it takes a lot of work to make it sound good.
I will ask in the forum
0


#4 User is offline   TJ Studio Icon

  • Vocal Synth Electronic/EDM Producer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 210
  • Joined: 15-September 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ringgold GA
  • Producers:VocaCircus

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

Shouldn't this Alter/Ego stuff go to the topic "Other Vocal Synthesizers"?


-Mod Edit- Moved topic to Other Vocal Synthesizers. #Marric
0


#5 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

  • GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 9,836
  • Joined: 02-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

if you want more accurate timing with Alter/Ego try going into X-SAMPA mode and putting the consonant on a separate note.
0


#6 User is offline   Infoholic Icon

  • Digital_S CEO
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,020
  • Joined: 19-July 14
  • Gender:Female
  • Vocaloids:Tone Rion, Macne Nana, Rana, CUL
  • Producers:Circus, Cien, Kikuo

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:00 PM

Also make sure that there are spaces between the notes

This is a thing nobody understands about A/E. It's real time which means the transitions do not render like Vocaloid's do, the spaces in between notes make the transitions work.
0


#7 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,713
  • Joined: 04-May 10
  • Gender:Female
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

It was once noted by their twitter that a simple "." can be used to control things with timing in Chipspeech.

If it works in chipspeech, it may work in AE... I have all the free voicebanks but haven't tested it I must confess.
0


#8 User is offline   ChrisBullshit Icon

  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 13-September 16
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Québec, Canada

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hi there i'm ALYS jesus :kappa: , so for the timing, as Info mentionned, Alter/Ego uses spaces between to notes to insert the transitions. When using a premade midi (like one made from a ust or vsqx converted using utau), make sure to always shorten the notes from RIGHT to LEFT of about 10-15%, some consonnants (like "s") need bigger spaces than, for example, "t".

You can also, as mentionned earlier on this thread, separate the consonnants from the vowels in Xsampa mode and create additionnal notes for an enhanced precision timing and pronunciation wise, here is an example of the result that is to be expected from this usage (using the latest ALYS update): https://www.youtube....h?v=lk0uT9GmBt4

I'm also providing you screenshots of the two different tuning methods (this particular usage is with ALYS), the lyrics in Xsampa are: 9~ bRHi de klER# (Un bruit d'éclair)

Notice how the spaces are shorter when there's no consonnants on notes, this is because it'll sound smoother this way, but your mileage may vary. When tuning with separate consonnants on notes, i like to keep the waverate around 120-130 for maximum precision without hurting the smoothness too much

I hoped this helped you at least in some way!

Attached File(s)


0


#9 User is offline   lica Icon

  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 05-March 17
  • Gender:Undisclosed

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

View Postsleepysheep7, on 17 June 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

if you want more accurate timing with Alter/Ego try going into X-SAMPA mode and putting the consonant on a separate note.



thanks, I will look into that x-sampa even though it looks very confusing:)
0


#10 User is offline   lica Icon

  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: 05-March 17
  • Gender:Undisclosed

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

View PostChrisBullshit, on 22 June 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Hi there i'm ALYS jesus :kappa: , so for the timing, as Info mentionned, Alter/Ego uses spaces between to notes to insert the transitions. When using a premade midi (like one made from a ust or vsqx converted using utau), make sure to always shorten the notes from RIGHT to LEFT of about 10-15%, some consonnants (like "s") need bigger spaces than, for example, "t".

You can also, as mentionned earlier on this thread, separate the consonnants from the vowels in Xsampa mode and create additionnal notes for an enhanced precision timing and pronunciation wise, here is an example of the result that is to be expected from this usage (using the latest ALYS update): https://www.youtube....h?v=lk0uT9GmBt4

I'm also providing you screenshots of the two different tuning methods (this particular usage is with ALYS), the lyrics in Xsampa are: 9~ bRHi de klER# (Un bruit d'éclair)

Notice how the spaces are shorter when there's no consonnants on notes, this is because it'll sound smoother this way, but your mileage may vary. When tuning with separate consonnants on notes, i like to keep the waverate around 120-130 for maximum precision without hurting the smoothness too much

I hoped this helped you at least in some way!


Thanks, I will definitely try out your tricks:)
0


#11 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

  • GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Posts: 9,836
  • Joined: 02-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:25 AM

View Postlica, on 29 June 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

thanks, I will look into that x-sampa even though it looks very confusing:)


It looks hard but its not to bad once you realize it is just IPA for computers. Try using the SAMPA website where it was first created, they have a good start up guide on what each symbol sounds like. (SAMPA is the old format of X-SAMPA but it should still work for the most part)

SAMPA Homepage

If you are not sure what X-SAMPA/ SAMPA format you need you can also use Theiling to convert a word into X-SAMPA/SAMPA

Theiling Converter (Usually in the upper right hand corner)
0


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users