VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Which do you prefer to experience first? - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which do you prefer to experience first? Anime or manga

Poll: Which do you prefer to experience first? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

When it comes to a specific series, which do you prefer to experience first?

1. The manga (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. The anime (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   SKAmanda Icon

• All good things must come to an end
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:MEIKO, MEIKO, MEIKO, MEIKO
  • Producers:MijipinP, Tiara, maya, mie

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

I was just curious because me personally, if i want to get into a series and it has both an anime and a manga, i usually prefer to read the manga cause then if i like the manga id like to see it in motion and what not. When i watch an anime first i kind of feel like ive already experienced enough to where the manga feels boring in comparison (though there are exceptions if the manga is considerably better or if theres enough differences to make it feel like a whole new experience). So in other words, if I've seen the anime, chances are i wont read the manga either at all or I'll wait a verrrrrry long time down the road like i did with kuragehime.

So i was wondering which you guys prefer to experience first?

#2 User is offline   thatguy Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Obscure artists

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

I say anime first because most people get exposed to the anime first and then check out the manga. Plus when its popularized you almost always refer to the anime more than the manga.

#3 User is offline   Kona Icon

• I just really love Len.
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Len, Lily, Una, IA, Avanna, Miku
  • Producers:Mitchie M. 40mP, Giga-P

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

I like to watch the anime first because it's just more efficient for me. Then if I really like the anime, I'll start reading the manga

#4 User is offline   thatguy Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Obscure artists

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

With the whole efficiency thing:
Its more efficient to read the manga. Its takes less time and you get more of the story compared to the anime.
I mean if you can read fast, you can get a whole series done in at least half the time it takes to finish the anime

#5 User is offline   Kona Icon

• I just really love Len.
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Len, Lily, Una, IA, Avanna, Miku
  • Producers:Mitchie M. 40mP, Giga-P

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

View Postthatguy, on 29 March 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

With the whole efficiency thing:
Its more efficient to read the manga. Its takes less time and you get more of the story compared to the anime.
I mean if you can read fast, you can get a whole series done in at least half the time it takes to finish the anime

Yeah, I know. It's just in general, it's easier to do anime for me. I'm visually impaired so reading isn't exactly easy and physical books like manga I can't just pull out and read whenever. So I'd rather waste time watching the whole anime series of something than deal with the manga

#6 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:52 PM

Usually Manga for me since it was what the author originally wanted the store to be. I tend to find that anime's usually add in extra stuff as filler or will just scrape the story all together and make something up that usually ends up being really bad.

#7 User is offline   Fukase's Hat Icon

• Robyn Is A Ninja
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Oliver Kaito Avanna Anon Wil Fukase Lumi
  • Producers:AdyS, Yukitsuki, EmpathP, KTKT

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:09 AM

I prefer reading manga first then anime, bc I can get a lot more story out of the manga. Plus, most anime based on manga is incomplete and has a "go read the manga" ending. I only watch anime based on manga if it's either complete or I've already read the manga.

#8 User is offline   Blue of Mind Icon

• The world that I do not know...
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku; Gumi; Meiko; IA; Miriam; Lapis
  • Producers:Shu-t

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

I usually check out anime adaptations first because they're easier for me to access than manga, and I can get a "feel" for a series and judge its quality before jumping to the manga. If I like an anime adaptation, I'm more likely to read the manga and check out potential plot differences and expansions. Of course, occasionally I watch bad anime adaptations and I end up researching whether or not the manga's any better according to fans (and I end up thinking about reading the superior manga anyway.)

#9 User is offline   D!zzy Icon

• [dZ]
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:Hachi, Team Kamiuta, Ryuryu

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

I tend to avoid seeing the same story twice, so most commonly I'll wait for the anime because it gives me a full experience with colour, movement and audio. Then, if the story really grabs me I'll continue the manga where the anime left off. I just don't have the patience to see the same thing more than once. :'D

#10 User is offline   SKAmanda Icon

• All good things must come to an end
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:MEIKO, MEIKO, MEIKO, MEIKO
  • Producers:MijipinP, Tiara, maya, mie

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostD!zzyZebra, on 30 March 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

I tend to avoid seeing the same story twice, so most commonly I'll wait for the anime because it gives me a full experience with colour, movement and audio. Then, if the story really grabs me I'll continue the manga where the anime left off. I just don't have the patience to see the same thing more than once. :'D

SAME (about going through the same thing twice). Thats basically what i was trying to say in the OP but you worded it a lot better haha

#11 User is offline   BambooGarden101 Icon

• with you I is more richer than all the czars
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Almost all of them
  • Producers:Owata-P, Lamaze-P, daniwell, etc.

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

Until a few years ago I preferred watching the anime first, for the same reason as D!zzyZebra (because it gave me a more "full" experience), and because sometimes I thought the art (or the story, or both) in the original manga was bad. Though maybe that was just me. Sometimes I would read the manga just for the sake of seeing the "manga" version of chapters/scenes I really liked in the anime, and if I couldn't find them (or if they were very different from the anime) I got disappointed.

Now I will usually read the manga first (if the anime is based on one), for the same reason as Oliver's Mom (I can get a lot more out of the story). I will only check out the anime if the other fans say it's worth it (as good as the manga or better). Idk, I can be really picky about some things and I don't like to be disappointed...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users