VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Potential Mandarin VOCALOID4s: Yuecheng "King" & Zhang Chuchu - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Potential Mandarin VOCALOID4s: Yuecheng "King" & Zhang Chuchu Developed by Shanghai Wangcheng Information Technology

#1 User is offline   Haneokaa Icon

• Haneoka
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:23 AM

Posted Image
More images:
Spoiler

Posted Image
More images:
Spoiler

Yuecheng (King) a male VOCALOID & Zhang Chuchu a female VOCALOID, are both being developed for the VOCALOID4 engine by Shanghai Wangcheng Information Technology.

Shanghai Wangcheng Information Technology is the agency that helped sell Xin Hua to Mainland China. Now they want to make VOCALOIDs via business-to-business method (collaborating with other business to turn existing characters to VOCALOID). Currently they are working with Migu Comics for Zhang Chuchu, and NetEase Comics for Yuecheng to make them into VOCALOIDs.
In late 2016, an audition to become ChuChu’s voice provider was launched and consecutively another audition was held to find King's voice provider from March 14 to March 24 along with instructions on how to participate. They do have test demos out now on BiliBili.

For Yuecheng's audition, in first place was 217-Jinli (217-锦鲤; :217-Jǐnlǐ), second place was Feilünuochen (飞吕诺辰; Fēilǚnuòchén), and third place was Kemuqing (柯暮卿; Kēmùqīng). However, other finalists also received bonuses and were invited for the opportunity to participate in selecting the winning voice provider.

On April 14, Nalanxunfeng posted test samples on his bilibili. Four of these samples featured potential voicebanks provided by four different voice providers selected from the audition. The candidates were Jun Qing (君卿; Jūn Qīng), Jizhi de Bai (鸡汁的白; Jīzhī de Bái), jackwin (降温; Jiàngwēn), and Su Wan (苏婉; Sū Wǎn). Shanghai Wangcheng hoped to have Chuchu enter the final recording stage by April 25.

According to http://www.wangcheng.../detail?id=2805 Chuchu, Yuecheng, and Xin Hua are to appear in an upcoming event called “Girl’s Beautiful Day” convention hosted at Club MYST on May 13 at 1:30 in the afternoon.

King character information:
Spoiler

Chuchu character information:
Spoiler

Take with a grain of salt because the developer of these Vocaloids is Ren Li, former president of Shanghai HENIAN and pretty much caused a bunch of trouble for people in that company and fans. But after Nalanxunfeng and Dr. Yun's involvement with Wangcheng, (important people in the Chinese VOCALOID community) some people are thinking it's probably legitimate.

Samples for ChuChu:
Chuchu 1: http://www.bilibili....video/av9825053

Chuchu 2: http://www.bilibili....video/av9825069

Chuchu 3: http://www.bilibili....video/av9825091

Chuchu 4: http://www.bilibili....video/av9825103

Supposed Sample for Yuecheng "King":
Yuecheng 1: http://www.bilibili....video/av9825138

They're supposed to be making their official debut on May 13 at 1:30 PM China time.
As far as I know these two are planned for commercial release.

Sources:
http://www.wangcheng.../detail?id=2808
http://www.wangcheng.../detail?id=2805
http://weibo.com/5611031032/F1nAeFaav
http://www.bilibili....ideo/av10429680

--
In the process of editing this post and adding more information as it becomes available. Like I mentioned before, please take with grain of salt.

Special thanks to Migi for translating and helping me with most of this information.
Posted Image

My sprites - [link]

Yap yap yap like you're some kind of pro wrestler. Then what happens?
You have to eat up all your words. It's pretty dumb -Yusuke Urameshi

#2 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• Has a large obsession over Longya
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Producers:JUSF, ilem, Chunbai-P, st.k4n3

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:37 AM

btw if anyone wanted to know what Chuchu looked like before getting into VOCALOID

This is what she looked like in Chuchu Dong Ren. She had a mass makeover for VOCALOID.

Posted Image
My VOCALOID Family
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Xin Hua V4

Other voice synths
Posted Image
(Sprites by bamboogarden101)

#3 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

Another male for the Chinese side, that is good.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#4 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• Icon

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:52 AM

I apologize about the lack of information regarding Chuchu's audition. Unfortunately, that seems to be lost. I can't find anything about it on her Weibo. I was told she did have one and she seemed to reference it in one post aimed at Yuecheng. So some of the developer information may be estimates (but I didn't assume without some sort of evidence of course).

I was working on researching these mostly on my own, with help from two friends (bless you lanterns and bajucy, omg. I'd be in tears by myself). Chuchu and Yuecheng had been known for months, but as Haneoka said, people were very wary because Ren Li is the head of Wangcheng. So it is important to take this information with caution (be prepared if it's a hoax).

It wasn't until recently when Nalanxunfeng (well known Chinese VOCALOID tuner) and Dr. Yun (developer of UNI, did YANHE demo "Rain of Dreams", and did some songs for Tianyi) became involved that people's opinions were starting to sway. I personally completely forgot about Chuchu (Yuecheng made his VOCALOID debut much later, but I can't find the exact post for this either) until a Chinese native recently brought them up on Vocaloid Wiki. I went to investigate and was working every night trying very hard to get as much info as possible. It was very difficult for me to understand with machine translators. Bajucy read some of the manhuas, so she was able to obtain the manhua character counterpart information for me.

About Yuecheng's official English name, from what I understood, I don't think "Yuecheng" (悦成) literally means that. "Yue" is kinda "Pleased" or "content", while "cheng" is like "to finish" or "to succeed". I'm not sure why his official English name is "King", but *shrugs*, maybe someone else can take a gander. TTwTT I'm not well versed with the Chinese language as I am still learning.

I have been making mock pages for Vocaloid Wiki for the past several days and been tweaking it. However, we are not adding them yet due to Wangcheng's current reputation. We are waiting for the right time to add them. Thank you!

(Also Yuecheng's design reminds me of Choi Saeran / Unknown from Mystic Messenger-)
My VOCALOID Family
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Xin Hua V4

Other voice synths
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Infoholic Icon

• Digital_S CEO
  • Icon
  • Producers:Circus, Cien, Kikuo

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:28 AM

I don't know what to think about these two. They seem all nice and dandy, but Ren Li. Ren Li, is, skepticalness ensues with this.
I like a lot of synths.

#6 User is offline   D!zzy Icon

• [dZ]
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:Hachi, Team Kamiuta, Ryuryu

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

三月は夜の底 古川本舗

#7 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

• Protector of Puns
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:mayuko

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image
His hand scares me.

TBH I'm not really impressed? Kinda average designs (who the hell wears ripped jeans??? and why do they look like they have elastic around the holes???) (and the same with the voices, they don't feel like they'd stand out much no matter the choice for Chuchu (even with such a small about of CHN vocals compared to JP or even EN)).

Guess I'll wait and see but right now I'm not really interested in them.

#8 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

I saw this one the wikia? I think anyway.

We wouldn't add it as we have become cautious at the time due to not sure if or if not solid as news.
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#9 User is offline   SarahMarie Icon

• Icon

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

all I have to say about these two is "yikes".
Vocaloid Baes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Sprites by Haneoka

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   P-chan Icon

• Icon

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

interesting...but what are those pants xD
anyway,out of the 4 samples with Chuchu i like mostly the 3rd or 4th ones
All Vocaloids pic!
Love ALL official Vocaloids!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Vocaloid Diva of each Language
Spoiler

you know you want to see it
Spoiler

#11 User is offline   -Andy Icon

• edgy red boy fan
  • Icon
  • Producers:Jesus-P Neru Giga-P MARETU

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

That boy is wearing a crop top
I like him
My babies <3

Posted ImagePosted Image

sprites by bamboogarden101

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• Icon

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

Good evening (or morning)~

I haven't gotten around to get online all day due to work, but here I am. Anyways, I was waiting out for any information about what happened at the event, but I think it's safe to say that it's treated as a debut or introduction to Chuchu and Yuecheng. There really isn't much to say. My friend and I can only get little bits and pieces of the event for now. We're hoping that there would be a more detailed explanation later on, but if not, that's okay I guess.

The event mostly consisted of fashion shows (I believe there were groups and companies showing up at the event to showcase what they have for that) and promotions for Xin Hua. I'm not sure what Wangcheng's current connections to Xin Hua is. I suppose they have permission to promote her, but I'm not 100% sure.

I haven't seen much for Chuchu, but there is a blown up picture of her logo. It's super stylized. Her full name is rendered like this (章楚楚) by the way, but from what I can tell, they're going to refer to the VOCALOID version as just Chuchu (楚楚). Kinda like how Otori Kohaku's character name is "Otori Kohaku" but the software name is "unity-chan!". At the event, she had a connection to the fashion show feature YALANKA (雅兰卡) Lingerie (probably because that's what Chuchu's character did in the manhua: an underwear/lingerie designer).

Spoiler

Now, for Yuecheng, he did get something at the event. He had a performance onstage. The only thing I don't know about is if he was using a voicebank or not. Now, Yuecheng was a bit easier to research in terms of development information compared to Chuchu, but again, I couldn't find the source of when exactly they announced him to become a VOCALOID. Interestingly enough, as Haneoka put up in the OP, he did have a sort of character song. This was in 2015.

Love Lock: http://www.bilibili....ideo/av2960987/

I'm surprised they didn't stick with this singer as the voice provider. I don't have a clue who the vocalist was since they credited him as "Yuecheng". Yuecheng was treated as a virtual idol back then and now, if things go well in production, he can do so as a VOCALOID.

Anyways, at the event, I can't be 100% sure if I interpreted this right, but it might have been a new demo? This was the thing Dr. Yun was working on a while ago and it's been promoted a little before the event as a teaser on Yuecheng's Weibo. It's only a short sample of the instrumental however.

http://y.baidu.com/song/388595

Spoiler

So, some of you must be wondering how the Chinese fans are reacting to the two. From the fans who are paying attention to them (again, some of them are wary or ignoring them because of Ren Li's involvement), they don't seem to like the character designs very much. There was also a dislike for Yuecheng's biography as they seem to see him as a Gary Stu in a way. So aside from the stigma coming from the company itself, the two are already suffering from design and concept as well. I'm not sure how they feel about the voices for Chuchu, but I did see some comparisons to other existing VOCALOIDs (including non-Chinese VOCALOIDs). I'm not sure if this is good or bad (but I'm guessing the first demo being described as a YANHE/Stardust XSY probably isn't a good thing).

These are the four potential providers for Chuchu. I don't know if they selected one by now. Likewise, I don't know if they selected one for Yuecheng yet (especially if I don't know if his performance used a voicebank or not), but they definitely didn't show a promotional picture like they did for Chuchu.

Spoiler

My VOCALOID Family

Other voice synths
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Infoholic Icon

• Digital_S CEO
  • Icon
  • Producers:Circus, Cien, Kikuo

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

I really want to like them, and I'm a chinese loid weeb, but I just can't. I understand all of the pros, but I just can't get passed everything I don't like with this.
I like a lot of synths.

#14 User is offline   TJ Studio Icon

• Vocal Synth Electronic/EDM Producer
  • Icon
  • Producers:VocaCircus

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

(Sorry if this is off-topic but...)
Chinese male VOCALOIDs?
I'll see if I can give my UTAU a Chinese VCV voicebank
[Sprites By: BambooGarden101]

My Vocal Synth Voicebanks [In order of purchases]
Spoiler

Soon to be in the team [Not in order]
Spoiler

My Social Medias

Fanclubs I'm In
Spoiler

#15 User is offline   P-chan Icon

• Icon

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

is there a way we can see Kings performance somewhere?
All Vocaloids pic!
Love ALL official Vocaloids!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Vocaloid Diva of each Language
Spoiler

you know you want to see it
Spoiler

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users