VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: New VOCALOID4 LUMi - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (13 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New VOCALOID4 LUMi

#16 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

View PostSomebodyrandom, on 19 May 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Its Japan, complaining about every female out of Japan is old and boring and has been going on for the last 7 year, they still sell much better then the males overall...

Though there is one thing to note... XSY. At this stage for a Japanese vocal, male or female, not to have XSY is a bigger a deal then the gender. So if she doesn't have at least 1 extra vocal, she has to be super special to compete. This is the trouble with V4... Even if the vocal itself is crap, if it has XSY it does a lot more then a better vocal without it. It gives the vocal a lot more flexibility and depth to play with. :-?

The art-style remains me of Pokemon sun and moons style for some reason...

I know, I know. I really shouldn't complain since its not for us and the data shows that females do sell better. It's just another vocaloid that I can't use so it is basically a waste for me.

edit: I can probably the vocal tone since it is Japan but I am trying to be optimistic. But you are right it isn't cool of me to rip on the product before it has a chance.

#17 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:29 AM

View Postsleepysheep7, on 20 May 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

I know, I know. I really shouldn't complain since its not for us and the data shows that females do sell better. It's just another vocaloid that I can't use so it is basically a waste for me.

edit: I can probably the vocal tone since it is Japan but I am trying to be optimistic. But you are right it isn't cool of me to rip on the product before it has a chance.

Yeah, as notable as it is, for us to complain amounts to typing on our keyboards for the sake of hitting the keys at this point. Can't change a countries culture and we shouldn't either. To be fair I sometimes wonder if females do better overall in the west but e haven't seen evidence of it? We have the popularity of Oliver and the sales position spot held by Dex... But thats about it.

Then again... I sometimes like the sound of my fingers hitting the keyboard... :-<

As I was saying about the Sun and Moon artstyle comparison, she reminds me of that woman who was obsessed with the Ultra Beasts... I'd loo the name of her up but... Laziness... Her jawline isn't the normal heart-shape the Japanese females normally have, its a little squarer also, but makes her look a little odd when you put her side by side with the other vocaloids from Japan. Its nice to have something that stands out when the majority of vocaloids are the same and look too formal, she kinda reminds me in approach to the opposite of Flower.

Here's to June or bust either way...

#18 User is offline   SarahMarie Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:vFlower, VY2, Nekomura Iroha, Maika

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:08 AM

She has an overall adorable concept. The only thing I can hope for from her is a nice mature toned voicebank. It's nice to see a brand new JPN vocal after so long. Actually it suddenly hit me that we haven't gotten a completely new JPN vocaloid since Una and that was almost a year ago...

#19 User is offline   Autumngold Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Fukase. Prima. V flower.
  • Producers:Never cared

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

Sigh, another female out of about 40 other females who's bound to have a generic voice and little to no hype before being released and sent to the "Which vocaloid is that?" section. And boy does she look like a rip off of Miku except with untied hair and a lighter colour. Do people really like wasting 5 million yen to make a product no one is gonna buy?

Is it just me, but doesn't her voice sound like the ship name of Luka and Miku? Oh dear...

#20 User is offline   TJ Studio Icon

• Vocal Synth Electronic/EDM Producer
  • Icon
  • Producers:VocaCircus

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostAutumngold, on 21 May 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

Sigh, another female out of about 40 other females who's bound to have a generic voice and little to no hype before being released and sent to the "Which vocaloid is that?" section. And boy does she look like a rip off of Miku except with untied hair and a lighter colour. Do people really like wasting 5 million yen to make a product no one is gonna buy?

Really? REALLY? Why would you insult this newest VOCALOID? She looks great

#21 User is offline   Blue of Mind Icon

• The world that I do not know...
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku; Gumi; Meiko; IA; Miriam; Lapis.
  • Producers:Shu-t & Yume

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

View PostAutumngold, on 21 May 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

View PostTJ Studio, on 21 May 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Really? REALLY? Why would you insult this newest VOCALOID? She looks great

I'm holding back criticism until I see the full design and hear her voice. Lumi could potentially stand out from the other Japanese females and do well, but we simply don't know yet. (Besides, the overall popularity of certain Vocaloids, especially newer ones, can be very fleeting. Una got a bunch of videos when she was released, but then she seemed to disappear after a month or so. Sachiko has a unique voice, but hardly anyone uses her because her voice type is tricky to work with outside of enka. Meanwhile, IA and Yukari have both held on, even if their voice types may not sound distinct at first.)

#22 User is offline   Grapefruits Icon

• this is how we lose friends
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:T☆E☆T☆O
  • Producers:doriko, keeno, and some others

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

If things go right maybe LUMi will be able to confirm her spot over Luka as the true tunaloid

#23 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Rin, Miku, IA, flower, Iroha, Len, Yuki
  • Producers:Jin, PinocchioP, GigaP, MARETU, Osanzi

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostAutumngold, on 21 May 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Is it just me, but doesn't her voice sound like the ship name of Luka and Miku? Oh dear...

I absolutely agree that there are way too many "who?" Vocaloids out there, and imo this one will join them too, but you have to realize that the reason companies keep making so many wholoids is because people buy them. Sure, this "Lumi" might be forgotten and unrecognized by many Vocaloid fans, but she is indeed going to sell (then again that's just what I think personally).

#24 User is offline   XCVI Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:nana
  • Producers:nashimoto

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

OOoo she looks ethereal, I love it. I'm hoping maybe we'll finally get a gentle whispery mature vocal, something like Yukari Onn but more womanly sounding and less straining when she's trying to hit any note. Not expecting much, but who knows!

#25 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

Even the worst vocaloids still sell fairly decently in Japan, the only exceptions seemed to be the foreign ones.

I don't know why people seem to condemn a Vocaloid as soon as its out of the dark, whatever happened to the concept that a vocaloid can be a "Dark Horse". Japanese vocaloid aren't aimed at us... And our opinions matter naught. Plus, if it wasn't a female you guys would give it a better reception.

Truth is we have not much information and everyone wants to pick a fault right now before the vocaloids proven itself. =_=

#26 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostSomebodyrandom, on 21 May 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Even the worst vocaloids still sell fairly decently in Japan, the only exceptions seemed to be the foreign ones.

I don't know why people seem to condemn a Vocaloid as soon as its out of the dark, whatever happened to the concept that a vocaloid can be a "Dark Horse". Japanese vocaloid aren't aimed at us... And our opinions matter naught. Plus, if it wasn't a female you guys would give it a better reception.

Truth is we have not much information and everyone wants to pick a fault right now before the vocaloids proven itself. =_=

It doesn't matter if there isn't much information on the Vocaloid right now, people can still form their own opinions on what there is known. And if someone thinks that the market is over saturated, then that's what they think (though honestly, I don't think anyone can deny that it's at least a little over saturated). Also, you saying that "Japanese Vocaloids aren't aimed at us therefore our opinions don't matter" has two problems: 1) saying Japanese Vocaloids aren't aimed at us is not entirely true. Sure, they're made in Japan and Japanese people are more likely to buy them, but really, they are aimed at any musician in the world who wants to make use of them. And 2) just because something isn't "made for us" doesn't mean we can't have an opinion on it. People are just giving feedback on what they think of this new Vocaloid, whether it be positive or negative.

#27 User is offline   Nezuh-kun Icon

• Piko lover ピω゚コ"
  • Icon
  • Producers:Hikari Shuuyou, wowaka, kemu

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

I am more impressed with the art and the website tbh

#28 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

View Postidoltrash69, on 21 May 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

It doesn't matter if there isn't much information on the Vocaloid right now, people can still form their own opinions on what there is known. And if someone thinks that the market is over saturated, then that's what they think (though honestly, I don't think anyone can deny that it's at least a little over saturated). Also, you saying that "Japanese Vocaloids aren't aimed at us therefore our opinions don't matter" has two problems: 1) saying Japanese Vocaloids aren't aimed at us is not entirely true. Sure, they're made in Japan and Japanese people are more likely to buy them, but really, they are aimed at any musician in the world who wants to make use of them. And 2) just because something isn't "made for us" doesn't mean we can't have an opinion on it. People are just giving feedback on what they think of this new Vocaloid, whether it be positive or negative.

Depends on how you look at "the market". In terms of V4, she is competing with just 5 other new vocaloids. That means the "new Japanese vocaloid market" based on new vocaloids is actually quite small.

Usually, the most modern engine is the most notable "market" as previously engine versions tend to wane in popularity as support for them lessens. You can see this by looking at some charts, once everyone starts buying V4's, the V2 and V3's starting loosing their market relevance. In reality, many of the female vocals now are competitors for the markets attention, lower the interference for Lumi's release.

Next thing to look at, is you look at this years releases and compare. Which again, there hasn't been that many, though all have been female... she is this years only new vocal in Japan. That means she pretty much will have full attention of the "new vocal" producers, if we discount vocals like Nemu's that were just alternatives to Rion and so forth. Take note that with the expection of a few cases, a vocaloids best year is only its first year. Though Miku sold 60,000+ units in her V2 lifetime, 40,000+ only occurred in her first year. The nxt 4 years only sold 20,000. So vocaloids released last year have less impact on her then vocaloids released this year.

Is the market over saturated? Only yes, if you look at the Vocaloid franchise collectively as a whole. But in terms of the martket here and now... She has some advantages and as I said... The only concern I would have myself is if she doesn't have XSY capabilities as that would put her at a serious disadvantage against all other vocaloids as a new vocaloid.

But then again... Look... The males still aren't doing so well, can you blame the for producing another female? ITs why Arsloid had issues on if and should he be released and likely why there has been no VY2v4 yet. Their going to want to turn a profit, and the best way is female vocaloid... Can't blame them, vocaloid companies don't make the vocals for charity. Its a thing we have to live with, especially if its not our market and we're just looking in on it from the outside. :-/

I'm not cribbing at the opinions on the limited information, I'm cribbing at the negativity of them, as "positive" opinions are often harder to come by then negative. Its becoming a bit of a broken record... New vocaloid is released... "oh look its another female vocaloid". We then lay into it before its left the gate, as I pretty much said. I don't mind us laying into a vocaloid, but the impression its leaving over time is not a good one. It makes everyone look like miserable fans who just want to lay into every new release before its proven itself. I admit sometimes it can be pushed to say something nice, but if our issues were more balanced, I would have less concern that we're not giving a new vocaloid a chance.

It feels like the karma of the Vocaloid western fandom is a little whiny, ignorant or grumpy all the time, especially when you consider that we sometimes are the same to any new English vocaloid release of our own, though we have gotten better at that in recent years. It feels at time when the negativity rolls in like someone should shout, "we get it, its female, you hate it! Get over it!", though thats not what I'm doing here. I too have concerns for this girl, but not based on the fact she is female. But rather her technical sides, her time of release (mid/late V4 it must be at this point, steps towards V5 should be in the works either right now or arriving pretty soon). Because I have learn at this point the only thing best not to dwell on is it being yet another female.

#29 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostSomebodyrandom, on 22 May 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Depends on how you look at "the market". In terms of V4, she is competing with just 5 other new vocaloids. That means the "new Japanese vocaloid market" based on new vocaloids is actually quite small.

Usually, the most modern engine is the most notable "market" as previously engine versions tend to wane in popularity as support for them lessens. You can see this by looking at some charts, once everyone starts buying V4's, the V2 and V3's starting loosing their market relevance. In reality, many of the female vocals now are competitors for the markets attention, lower the interference for Lumi's release.

Next thing to look at, is you look at this years releases and compare. Which again, there hasn't been that many, though all have been female... she is this years only new vocal in Japan. That means she pretty much will have full attention of the "new vocal" producers, if we discount vocals like Nemu's that were just alternatives to Rion and so forth. Take note that with the expection of a few cases, a vocaloids best year is only its first year. Though Miku sold 60,000+ units in her V2 lifetime, 40,000+ only occurred in her first year. The nxt 4 years only sold 20,000. So vocaloids released last year have less impact on her then vocaloids released this year.

Is the market over saturated? Only yes, if you look at the Vocaloid franchise collectively as a whole. But in terms of the martket here and now... She has some advantages and as I said... The only concern I would have myself is if she doesn't have XSY capabilities as that would put her at a serious disadvantage against all other vocaloids as a new vocaloid.

But then again... Look... The males still aren't doing so well, can you blame the for producing another female? ITs why Arsloid had issues on if and should he be released and likely why there has been no VY2v4 yet. Their going to want to turn a profit, and the best way is female vocaloid... Can't blame them, vocaloid companies don't make the vocals for charity. Its a thing we have to live with, especially if its not our market and we're just looking in on it from the outside. :-/

I'm not cribbing at the opinions on the limited information, I'm cribbing at the negativity of them, as "positive" opinions are often harder to come by then negative. Its becoming a bit of a broken record... New vocaloid is released... "oh look its another female vocaloid". We then lay into it before its left the gate, as I pretty much said. I don't mind us laying into a vocaloid, but the impression its leaving over time is not a good one. It makes everyone look like miserable fans who just want to lay into every new release before its proven itself. I admit sometimes it can be pushed to say something nice, but if our issues were more balanced, I would have less concern that we're not giving a new vocaloid a chance.

It feels like the karma of the Vocaloid western fandom is a little whiny, ignorant or grumpy all the time, especially when you consider that we sometimes are the same to any new English vocaloid release of our own, though we have gotten better at that in recent years. It feels at time when the negativity rolls in like someone should shout, "we get it, its female, you hate it! Get over it!", though thats not what I'm doing here. I too have concerns for this girl, but not based on the fact she is female. But rather her technical sides, her time of release (mid/late V4 it must be at this point, steps towards V5 should be in the works either right now or arriving pretty soon). Because I have learn at this point the only thing best not to dwell on is it being yet another female.

I guess I should've specified that when I said "market" I was referring to all Vocaloid releases, particularly Japanese ones, rather than all the new V4 Vocaloids. Well, I can respect your opinion on Lumi, we all think differently. And hey, so what if positive opinions are harder to come by? Sure, it's not that good for the Vocaloid in question, but it forms discussion and that's always a good thing to have in any community. Though I do kind of agree that the western fandom can be pretty bad at times, that is definitely true. But if someone says "Huh, another Vocaloid. I'm getting kind of sick at all these new 'loids, there's too many" then that's their opinion. Anyone can think whatever they want about a subject, even if it's not positive. And while I stick to the idea that Lumi will indeed be a "who?"loid, and that the Vocaloid market as a whole is pretty over saturated, it's nice to see someone who thinks differently. And there's no denying that she will indeed sell well, or at least decent, because all (or most) Vocaloids do so.

#30 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

I prefer it when we get a mixture of bad and good opinions.... Though my initial reaction (Even the worst vocaloids still sell fairly decently in Japan, the only exceptions seemed... post ) was more of a respective respond to comments more like Autumngold's, which host more then just an opinion, but try to say it in a fact-based way. "Another female, she won't sell well", as they give a very negative response.

I did, however, feel the need to address her market situation in your post because how you look at the situation changes everything and put things in prospective on her release.

Though I'm glad I'm not the only one at least noting the situation with responses. :-/

• (13 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users