VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: New VOCALOID4 LUMi - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (13 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New VOCALOID4 LUMi

#31 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Rin, Miku, IA, flower, Iroha, Len, Yuki
  • Producers:Jin, PinocchioP, GigaP, MARETU, Osanzi

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

View PostSomebodyrandom, on 22 May 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

I prefer it when we get a mixture of bad and good opinions.... Though my initial reaction (Even the worst vocaloids still sell fairly decently in Japan, the only exceptions seemed... post ) was more of a respective respond to comments more like Autumngold's, which host more then just an opinion, but try to say it in a fact-based way. "Another female, she won't sell well", as they give a very negative response.

I did, however, feel the need to address her market situation in your post because how you look at the situation changes everything and put things in prospective on her release.

Though I'm glad I'm not the only one at least noting the situation with responses. :-/

Yeah, the way Autumngold said it as if it were a fact was not the best way to put it, especially because most (or all, really) Vocaloids, do in fact, sell pretty well, no matter how "popular" they are by the end of their first year or so.
While I still stand by the things I've said about Lumi in my past posts, who knows? She might have a high-quality, good voicebank, so that would be a plus. I mean, she would still be an "irrelevantloid" imo, but at least she would have something to stand on. (that sounded really mean ww)

#32 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

I prefer to think of those type of vocals as "Vanilla flavour" types, I was once a Magic the Gathering player and its the nickname for the rare cards with no abilities on them. Vanilla is a flavour considered to be the standard flavour in ice cream, often being plain. Some brands of Vanilla ice cream are unfortunately not particularly spectacular and often barely have a taste. But its still have a flavour and when used as a neutral flavour for certain ice cream combos, its pretty interesting.

#33 User is offline   Autumngold Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Fukase. Prima. V flower.
  • Producers:Never cared

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

View PostSomebodyrandom, on 22 May 2017 - 04:58 AM, said:

Depends on how you look at "the market". In terms of V4, she is competing with just 5 other new vocaloids. That means the "new Japanese vocaloid market" based on new vocaloids is actually quite small.

Usually, the most modern engine is the most notable "market" as previously engine versions tend to wane in popularity as support for them lessens. You can see this by looking at some charts, once everyone starts buying V4's, the V2 and V3's starting loosing their market relevance. In reality, many of the female vocals now are competitors for the markets attention, lower the interference for Lumi's release.

Next thing to look at, is you look at this years releases and compare. Which again, there hasn't been that many, though all have been female... she is this years only new vocal in Japan. That means she pretty much will have full attention of the "new vocal" producers, if we discount vocals like Nemu's that were just alternatives to Rion and so forth. Take note that with the expection of a few cases, a vocaloids best year is only its first year. Though Miku sold 60,000+ units in her V2 lifetime, 40,000+ only occurred in her first year. The nxt 4 years only sold 20,000. So vocaloids released last year have less impact on her then vocaloids released this year.

Is the market over saturated? Only yes, if you look at the Vocaloid franchise collectively as a whole. But in terms of the martket here and now... She has some advantages and as I said... The only concern I would have myself is if she doesn't have XSY capabilities as that would put her at a serious disadvantage against all other vocaloids as a new vocaloid.

But then again... Look... The males still aren't doing so well, can you blame the for producing another female? ITs why Arsloid had issues on if and should he be released and likely why there has been no VY2v4 yet. Their going to want to turn a profit, and the best way is female vocaloid... Can't blame them, vocaloid companies don't make the vocals for charity. Its a thing we have to live with, especially if its not our market and we're just looking in on it from the outside. :-/

I'm not cribbing at the opinions on the limited information, I'm cribbing at the negativity of them, as "positive" opinions are often harder to come by then negative. Its becoming a bit of a broken record... New vocaloid is released... "oh look its another female vocaloid". We then lay into it before its left the gate, as I pretty much said. I don't mind us laying into a vocaloid, but the impression its leaving over time is not a good one. It makes everyone look like miserable fans who just want to lay into every new release before its proven itself. I admit sometimes it can be pushed to say something nice, but if our issues were more balanced, I would have less concern that we're not giving a new vocaloid a chance.

It feels like the karma of the Vocaloid western fandom is a little whiny, ignorant or grumpy all the time, especially when you consider that we sometimes are the same to any new English vocaloid release of our own, though we have gotten better at that in recent years. It feels at time when the negativity rolls in like someone should shout, "we get it, its female, you hate it! Get over it!", though thats not what I'm doing here. I too have concerns for this girl, but not based on the fact she is female. But rather her technical sides, her time of release (mid/late V4 it must be at this point, steps towards V5 should be in the works either right now or arriving pretty soon). Because I have learn at this point the only thing best not to dwell on is it being yet another female.

Sooo, you are saying that just because she was released in the vocaloid 4 engine she's likely to be popular? Come on! There are a ton of vocaloids who are yet to be updated and people would more likely waste money on them than on something that has a voice often heard before.

How many voice types do you think possibly exist? Out of the forty, there are at least 10 with unique voices, the others are so indistinguishable it's funny. And what happens to voice types that are indistinguishable? They get fucked. Look at Chika. And even if Lumi does have a nice voice, looking at vocaloids such as Sachiko and Fukase who have nice voices yet sell like shit doesn't raise my hopes. Why in heavens name do you think she'll be an exception?

Look at the past vocaloids. Most of them sold terribly because another one was being sold at the same time. Yohioloid and Piko come into mind right now, but if I recall correctly there was one another female who had the same thing happen.

Even if she doesn't have any rivals, what would a small game company do that makes her have a good voice and no glitches and make everyone want to buy her? If YAMAHA can fuck Sachiko up, can't a company with no experience do the same?

What we need is something unique, and even then there is no guarantee it would sell well. Mew and IA have probably the same voice type but IA's marketing was great. Yukari was aimed at vocaloid producers and she just got recent publicity.

Even if she does have hope, how long do you think it would last? Look at CUL. She had popularity, now she's one of the "Who-vocaloids." Or, well, according to the WIKIA, she sold well but is now officially shit.

And I did not even mention male vocaloids. Sure, I may like them more than female ones but my opinion was about the over saturation in the market and how she's gonna be terrible, not about how female vocaloids suck in general.

It was a small opinion, an opinion that you've seen about a thousand times, yet you people are jumping on my throat. And even so, I definitely had basis for such an opinion, even if I may be wrong at several things, so whining that it's "Negative" is worthless.

#34 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Rin, Miku, IA, flower, Iroha, Len, Yuki
  • Producers:Jin, PinocchioP, GigaP, MARETU, Osanzi

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

View PostAutumngold, on 23 May 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

Sooo, you are saying that just because she was released in the vocaloid 4 engine she's likely to be popular? Come on! There are a ton of vocaloids who are yet to be updated and people would more likely waste money on them than on something that has a voice often heard before.

How many voice types do you think possibly exist? Out of the forty, there are at least 10 with unique voices, the others are so indistinguishable it's funny. And what happens to voice types that are indistinguishable? They get fucked. Look at Chika. And even if Lumi does have a nice voice, looking at vocaloids such as Sachiko and Fukase who have nice voices yet sell like shit doesn't raise my hopes. Why in heavens name do you think she'll be an exception?

Look at the past vocaloids. Most of them sold terribly because another one was being sold at the same time. Yohioloid and Piko come into mind right now, but if I recall correctly there was one another female who had the same thing happen.

Even if she doesn't have any rivals, what would a small game company do that makes her have a good voice and no glitches and make everyone want to buy her? If YAMAHA can fuck Sachiko up, can't a company with no experience do the same?

What we need is something unique, and even then there is no guarantee it would sell well. Mew and IA have probably the same voice type but IA's marketing was great. Yukari was aimed at vocaloid producers and she just got recent publicity.

Even if she does have hope, how long do you think it would last? Look at CUL. She had popularity, now she's one of the "Who-vocaloids." Or, well, according to the WIKIA, she sold well but is now officially shit.

And I did not even mention male vocaloids. Sure, I may like them more than female ones but my opinion was about the over saturation in the market and how she's gonna be terrible, not about how female vocaloids suck in general.

It was a small opinion, an opinion that you've seen about a thousand times, yet you people are jumping on my throat. And even so, I definitely had basis for such an opinion, even if I may be wrong at several things, so whining that it's "Negative" is worthless.

Eh, while you are right about wholoid sells going to shit as the years pass, it's still true that in the year of their release most sell decently. And about what I said on Lumi's voice, it's true that it could be, dare I say, "unique" (it really probably won't be though, let's be real) but she will still be a wholoid in my book. Wholoids can have high-quality voices, just as relevantloids can have not so good ones (Luka V4x, Len V2, etc). I absolutely agree with you on the Vocaloid market being over saturated, as I've said in my past posts. I also agree that marketing is extremely important, and if a Vocaloid isn't marketed properly no one will remember it by the end of it's first year. Chika is an example of this, since she was barely promoted by Internet co, had one demo, and had a pretty bland and forgettable voice.
I also think it's pretty unfair that Somebodyrandom is saying that negative opinions are bad, or that we aren't "giving the Vocaloid a chance", since all opinions should be accepted in this sort of discussion, and I already adressed that to her. But hey, we all think differently, and that's a good thing.

#35 User is offline   Infoholic Icon

• Digital_S CEO
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Tone Rion, Macne Nana, Rana, CUL
  • Producers:Circus, Cien, Kikuo

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

I personally think she'll have a soft mature voice? Is that just me or?

#36 User is offline   missy20201 Icon

• was Lεօղ
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Engloids + Kaito + SPNloids

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

I hate to join the Discourse™ but...

The market is over-saturated with samey-sounding females, yeah, but even females with less unique voices can gain a foothold if A) interesting design and B) good marketing (and it certainly helps if the bank isn't shitty quality, and in V4 if it's XSY-compatible). So, given the overall reaction I've seen to Lumi's design sneak peek, if she's marketed well, I think she could make a name for herself. That being said, I'm inclined to agree with others that, based on past releases, it's likely she'll have her two minutes of fame and fall back into obscurity. It's up to her company, though, I think.

Negative opinions don't hurt anything. The same old 'she's gonna be a nobody' is what people assume because it's always been true in the past. People are entitled to these opinions, and plenty of people are being positive as well. I just think everyone should hold off on any judgments (good or bad) till we get a voice sample/demo/full design -- something. Who knows what could happen (or, on the flip side, not happen).

#37 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

Never said it was certain she would be Yukari or IA popular, just tat she will sell well. The most relevant market is always the market as it stands within the last year. Vocaloids do best in their first year, and worst later on. So any Vocaloid that is older then a year is less likely to impact her sales then those within the year.

Plus, not every Vocaloid has to be super popular, just meet expectations. It is more important that they do rather then they don't. Kaito's initial 500 units had more impact on Vocaloid then Zero-G's "we meet expectations of the market in all areas but the US". For Zero-G, it just meant that they didn't sell Miriam initially outside of europe until about 2008, for Kaito it had impact on Vocaloid that we still feel even now despite his success. And the continued expectation meeting of V2 Zero-G's allowed them to make Avanna, who was super popular.

Chika's problem was one of the last V3's released and literally had 1 and a 1/2 months before V4 was here. On top of it, came after Kokone, who was based on a failed attempt to create a Megpoid falsetto and by pure chance Chika ended up sounding like Gumi vers.2. Even then, she seems to have done well as many other mid-popular Vocaloids. Remember a vocaloid doesn't have to be super popular to be successful.

Since then, they have CHANGED the way Vocaloids are recorded so even though they can sound similar, they will NOT behave the same. This makes Vocaloids more unique despite their vocal types. The mistake the made was making the Vocaloids easy to use for music, but not recording the traits of the vocalist, the current focus is on the traits of the vocalist above if the vocal is easy to use or not.

Oh... And where is the sales stats to prove this? All Japanese vocaloids have mostly met market targets as far as I can read. Even the English ones currently are mostly meeting targets, with exceptions. Remember popularity within the fandom does not mean sales were good. Avanna is a PRIME example and so is SeeU. Avanna did exceptionally well but had a absence within the fandom, while SeeU didn't do as well as people thought but had a huge presence.

PowerFX is a small company and once one of the smallest around... Yet they have several Vocaloids under their belt... Sachiko was also decently successful.

Ia's inital marketing was a SINGLE NOTE.

A SINGLE NOTE!!!

Her website had sketches in the background and absolutely not much else in terms of information, other then Lia being the provider we had 0 to go on.Like many popular vocaloid most of her market has come post-release, such as was Mikuand co. Yukari took a while because poducers too a while to figure her out, she was a soft vocal type released in a V3 era where most vocaloid types leaned towards faster paced song. In the end, she stood out because of this reason as she literally had a position in the market all to herself. Plus, she had been boasted by her Voiceroid product, her voiceroid being just as popular as her vocaloid product in Japan.

Erm... I wrote most of that stuff on the wikia, based on what was being said in Japan at the time... I will note what is written on her page is nothing, for example have you read the Kagamine's V2 non-Append stuff... Their vocals were far ore problematic then Cul's. A lot of the problem with CUL came from her vocal type, which caused problems getting quality results. Meiko V3 Power suffered the same problem, any Vocaloid. If Cul had been a V2, she would have been a terrible vocaloid. Any Vocaloid type, male or female, that wonders into the Kagamine vocal type territory faces the same problems that they did. Its just something that is well known about Vocaloid, it in fact impacts males like Big Al much more then females. But these struggles will ease with time, as Vocaloid gets better at handling them, and studios better at recording them. Cul made today would be different to Cul made when she was. ^_-

Cul had issues with the timing of her release being early V3 (within its first year basically) when about 15 Vocaloids all got released at once. It essentially was the problem of early V3, wherein Vocaloids ate each others sales. As a consequences, producers could afford to pick and choose and some Vocaloids got really unlucky. And thats without including the Vocaloids that came out within V3's fist year, there was many. Lumi isn't being released to that same situation, though their are many voicebanks being released within the lat year, the number of vocaloid packages is low and number of new Vocaloids even lower. As I said, the most relevant releases are only within the last year, and while older engine vesions still sell, V4 vocals will normally sell better then the V3 vocals.

Essentially, you can cut out about 70% of the Vocaloid releases from your workings out.

You didn't need to, you pretty much laid into her for being female, as you went on about her voice type before we even know what 100% that is, so it basically amounts to laying into her for being female without that knowledge. How many voice types can there be when you haven't a thing to go? Even then... If we alone take classical music types come in several types such as Alto, Mezzo-Soprano and Soprano and note that not every Soprano sounds identical. So there is about 4 or so voice types for female alone. The Vocaloids often have the ability to fulfill more then one octve these days so many can do both Mezzo and Soprano. This makes them quite a wide range. With no details on the voice type, tempo range or vocal range, e cannot know hat she is. You re basiclly laying into her for being female and not male.

And if she gets a second vocal she'll have XSY, which alone with 1 extra vocal doubles capabilities.

Oi now... I was not alone... I just went into the most counter arguments. ¬_¬'

You presented your opinions with facts that can be counter argued... Its what discussions about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and are free to do so, but likewise, hen you try and address something with putting something factual into it... Then it can remain strong because its right, or topple easily because your mistaken by your assumptions and have formed an opinion on a lack of support. Quite literally, your opinion is amounting right now to "I think she will fail because too many females", even though there is room for a lot of disagreements based on the things I've brought up.

Spoiler

Edit:
Fixed some issues with the post

#38 User is offline   Tema Icon

• Living Katsudon
  • Icon

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

I'm gonna just drop this here because I'm still hyped (BEATORICHELOID)

#39 User is offline   TJ Studio Icon

• Vocal Synth Electronic/EDM Producer
  • Icon
  • Producers:VocaCircus

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

I have a preview of my new LUMi song up on soundcloud and youtube (+ Vidme)
https://soundcloud.com/tj-quarles-2/vocaloid-original-title-tba-lumi-preview

#40 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:56 AM

View PostTema, on 23 May 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

I'm gonna just drop this here because I'm still hyped (BEATORICHELOID)

I hope she sounds a bit like the 1st and 3rd one. That would make me immediately turn around what I said from before.

#41 User is offline   Autumngold Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Fukase. Prima. V flower.
  • Producers:Never cared

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

View PostSomebodyrandom, on 23 May 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Never said it was certain she would be Yukari or IA popular, just tat she will sell well. The most relevant market is always the market as it stands within the last year. Vocaloids do best in their first year, and worst later on. So any Vocaloid that is older then a year is less likely to impact her sales then those within the year.
Plus, not every Vocaloid has to be super popular, just meet expectations. It is more important that they do rather then they don't. Kaito's initial 500 units had more impact on Vocaloid then Zero-G's "we meet expectations of the market in all areas but the US". For Zero-G, it just meant that they didn't sell Miriam initially outside of europe until about 2008, for Kaito it had impact on Vocaloid that we still feel even now despite his success. And the continued expectation meeting of V2 Zero-G's allowed them to make Avanna, who was super popular.

There are a lot of vocaloids with unconfirmed dates. As far as I know, IA is likely to be released this year, and a vast majority of others are to be as well. We are not aware of when this specific vocaloid would be released, but due to the constant upgrading it is safe to assume that there would be a crowd in the future, and definitely a crowd in 2017. How many vocaloids are there? About 50? It is impossible for her to be released this year before anyone when things such as IA have been worked on before, so based on this alone we can assume that she will definitely be released after a majority of vocaloids have been updated. These updates alone can affect a vocaloids popularity.

Chika's problem was one of the last V3's released and literally had 1 and a 1/2 months before V4 was here. On top of it, came after Kokone, who was based on a failed attempt to create a Megpoid falsetto and by pure chance Chika ended up sounding like Gumi vers.2. Even then, she seems to have done well as many other mid-popular Vocaloids. Remember a vocaloid doesn't have to be super popular to be successful
Since then, they have CHANGED the way Vocaloids are recorded so even though they can sound similar, they will NOT behave the same. This makes Vocaloids more unique despite their vocal types. The mistake the made was making the Vocaloids easy to use for music, but not recording the traits of the vocalist, the current focus is on the traits of the vocalist above if the vocal is easy to use or not.

You're merely proving my point by saying that no one was interested in her due to Kokone. They all have the same vocal type. If her and Gumi's voices were distinct, her being late would have no effect. Why would it? Gumi was to be released in 2015, she had a ton of other voicebanks and is fairly known. why would someone buy an exact copy of hers when they know she will be released? But if Chika were to have a different voice more people would have brought​ her, mainly because there would be little chances of an exact same voice type to be released in V4.

Are you referring to the tone and quality of a vocaloid in the second paragraph? If you are, tuning has a great effect on a vocaloids tone, and why would someone not use a tone they have already heard before? It's all meaningless.

"Hey, look, this vocaloid has the same voice as the one with more voicebanks..."

"Nah, pal, she stresses the 'r'."

"Oh, I must buy her."

(Take this with a grain of salt, I don't get what you're trying to say here anyway.)

Oh... And where is the sales stats to prove this? All Japanese vocaloids have mostly met market targets as far as I can read. Even the English ones currently are mostly meeting targets, with exceptions. Remember popularity within the fandom does not mean sales were good. Avanna is a PRIME example and so is SeeU. Avanna did exceptionally well but had a absence within the fandom, while SeeU didn't do as well as people thought but had a huge presence.

You contradict this same exact point later on. Anyway, I find it interesting that you know these vocaloids sold well despite having their own companies claim they sold like crap (Wikia.) Either you know more than the companies, you're just ignorant as hell or that Wikia editors are shit who lie because they like lying.

PowerFX is a small company and once one of the smallest around... Yet they have several Vocaloids under their belt... Sachiko was also decently successful.

Majority of Power FX vocaloids sold terribly as claimed by their companies. The only vocaloid that seems to have sold well is Oliver.

Ia's inital marketing was a SINGLE NOTE.
A SINGLE NOTE!!!
Her website had sketches in the background and absolutely not much else in terms of information, other then Lia being the provider we had 0 to go on.Like many popular vocaloid most of her market has come post-release, such as was Mikuand co. Yukari took a while because poducers too a while to figure her out, she was a soft vocal type released in a V3 era where most vocaloid types leaned towards faster paced song. In the end, she stood out because of this reason as she literally had a position in the market all to herself. Plus, she had been boasted by her Voiceroid product, her voiceroid being just as popular as her vocaloid product in Japan.

IA's popularity rested entirely on Jins shoulders, thus increasing her popularity. Nonetheless, it was 1st place who bribed him, or at least that was what I heard in these forums. However, Jin also wrote her demo, and he was popular before, no? Nonetheless, you're right. Mayu's company promoted her to high heavens, but she is not that popular.

Lumi is likely to be fucked even if she has a great promotion

Erm... I wrote most of that stuff on the wikia, based on what was being said in Japan at the time... I will note what is written on her page is nothing, for example have you read the Kagamine's V2 non-Append stuff... Their vocals were far ore problematic then Cul's. A lot of the problem with CUL came from her vocal type, which caused problems getting quality results. Meiko V3 Power suffered the same problem, any Vocaloid. If Cul had been a V2, she would have been a terrible vocaloid. Any Vocaloid type, male or female, that wonders into the Kagamine vocal type territory faces the same problems that they did. Its just something that is well known about Vocaloid, it in fact impacts males like Big Al much more then females. But these struggles will ease with time, as Vocaloid gets better at handling them, and studios better at recording them. Cul made today would be different to Cul made when she was. ^_-
Cul had issues with the timing of her release being early V3 (within its first year basically) when about 15 Vocaloids all got released at once. It essentially was the problem of early V3, wherein Vocaloids ate each others sales. As a consequences, producers could afford to pick and choose and some Vocaloids got really unlucky. And thats without including the Vocaloids that came out within V3's fist year, there was many. Lumi isn't being released to that same situation, though their are many voicebanks being released within the lat year, the number of vocaloid packages is low and number of new Vocaloids even lower. As I said, the most relevant releases are only within the last year, and while older engine vesions still sell, V4 vocals will normally sell better then the V3 vocals.
Essentially, you can cut out about 70% of the Vocaloid releases from your workings out.

Oh, didn't know that.

So it is true that the selling of vocaloids affect eachothers sales? If that's the case, then this argument strengthens my first point. Siscard the argument about CUL.

Anyway, there is a vast number of vocaloids that can be announced in the near future. We just don't know about them, but there's a fifty percent chance that something can be announced tommorrow as far as I know, plus the updated of Kaito, Meiko and IA.

You didn't need to, you pretty much laid into her for being female, as you went on about her voice type before we even know what 100% that is, so it basically amounts to laying into her for being female without that knowledge. How many voice types can there be when you haven't a thing to go? Even then... If we alone take classical music types come in several types such as Alto, Mezzo-Soprano and Soprano and note that not every Soprano sounds identical. So there is about 4 or so voice types for female alone. The Vocaloids often have the ability to fulfill more then one octve these days so many can do both Mezzo and Soprano. This makes them quite a wide range. With no details on the voice type, tempo range or vocal range, e cannot know hat she is. You re basiclly laying into her for being female and not male.

Judging me and telling me I have no information about her voice type even though her VP's name is right before my eyes and then bashing me and saying that I dislike her due to her gender does not really make me think well about you.

now... I was not alone... I just went into the most counter arguments. ¬_¬'
You presented your opinions with facts that can be counter argued... Its what discussions about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and are free to do so, but likewise, hen you try and address something with putting something factual into it... Then it can remain strong because its right, or topple easily because your mistaken by your assumptions and have formed an opinion on a lack of support. Quite literally, your opinion is amounting right now to "I think she will fail because too many females", even though there is room for a lot of disagreements based on the things I've brought up.
Spoiler

Edit:
Fixed some issues with the post

Actually, I did not give any facts before, but people jumped on me for being, you know, negative. Didn't you bash me earlier for having being biased against female vocaloids despite having no proof whatsoever? And here you are claiming that you were disrupting my "facts" and ''debating''? I have enough right to state my thoughts despite giving very little facts. You merely attacked me for having these thoughts. Wow, I guess.

#42 User is offline   Infoholic Icon

• Digital_S CEO
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Tone Rion, Macne Nana, Rana, CUL
  • Producers:Circus, Cien, Kikuo

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

Maybe we should simmer down a bit?

#43 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

• scottish vocaperson ❤
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Vocaloids:Chika

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:10 AM

Chill out a bit, please. Discussion is fine, though insulting members of this website for one (via insulting Wikia editors who are also members here) isn't gonna go down well. If you wanna keep going, head off to PMs 'cos people are here for news and they're not going to find any or discussion of the news in between debates.

(Also as a note, Avanna sold very well as she topped ZeroG's top selling products (as in all their products, not just VOCALOIDs) three years in a row (almost being beaten by Dex and Daina in 2015 who were only just out, mind).)

#44 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• Has a large obsession over Longya
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:All Chinese VOCALOIDs duh
  • Producers:JUSF, ilem, Chunbai-P, st.k4n3, Zeno

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:20 AM

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the thread, but it seems that the character design was by omoiomoutori / Miyama Hugin (Hugin? Fugin? They seem to refer to themselves as "Hugin" on their tumblr).

This is a tweet from AVA's founder.

#45 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

• scottish vocaperson ❤
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Vocaloids:Chika

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

It would be Miyama Hugin, you're right.
They're mostly known for their art in the Overlord manga. Though they've also worked on a Miku manga (which is getting licensed) called "Hatsune Miku: Future Delivery", so they aren't new to participating in VOCALOID works especially since their Pixiv is full of VOCALOID art.

So it kind of gives you an idea of their character design if you look up some of the Overlord manga art (though Overlord and VOCALOID are two entirely different types of things, so).

• (13 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users