VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Crappy song needs fixing - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

New VO Changelog - Find out more: http://www.vocaloido...ew-vo-changelog

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crappy song needs fixing

#1 User is offline   dreaminzz Icon

• Space Bunny of Peppermint Chocolate
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:gumi,Miku,

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys. I know iv been posting a lot of stupid questions lately but I realllly appreciate all the help I've gotten.

Anyways I'm working on this song and there is just something off about it. I dunno it's probably my tuning.

In the middle she says "very" and forces out the e like "verYYYY" I don't know if it's fixable though. Also, i'm aware that it needs to be synched better.

If anyone has ideas on ways to fix it please let me know. :) My link

It's Cyber Diva

#2 User is offline   Hatsune-hakase Icon

• Professor of Vocaloidology
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Luka, Gumi, Meiko
  • Producers:DECO*27, CircusP, PinocchioP

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:30 PM

Well one thing I notice is that the vocal and instrumental sound out of sync. I'd say the vocal is slightly ahead of the instrumental (by which I mean I think the vocal is hitting its beats slightly earlier than the instrumental is--like it's too far to "the left" on the timeline). I also think the mixing of the vocal and instrumental needs to be improved, though I can't say exactly how because I don't know much about mixing myself.

#3 User is offline   dreaminzz Icon

• Icon

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the response! I've been working all day on putting it more in synch. ^^"

#4 User is offline   Cynical Icon

• Amateur VOCALOID Artist
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Len Kagamine, Fukase, and Oliver!
  • Producers:VocaCircus & SteamPianist

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

I'm not an expert on mixing, but I do have some advice. Besides just syncing up the vocals and instrumental, I would advise changing the volume of the overall piece. I'd recommend boosting CyVa a good amount, as she is barely audible (though that may be because I'm using headphones). If you have access to, say, GarageBand, you can add filters over her voice to make it a little more prominent. As for the overall piece, you can use an equalizer on the exported product (don't know too much about equalizers, but iMovie has some simple ones if you have access to that) to make the product louder without clipping too much.

For the part where the "y" is stressed in "very", you can most likely fix it. It's not a problem with the mixing, it's a problem with the tuning. Check the note with the phoneme and shorten it, or change it to a different phoneme (I don't know any in particular off the top of my head). Unfortunately, CyVa isn't the easiest to work with in terms of realism (in my opinion at least).

I hope this helped!

#5 User is offline   dreaminzz Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostCynical, on 21 June 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

I'm not an expert on mixing, but I do have some advice. Besides just syncing up the vocals and instrumental, I would advise changing the volume of the overall piece. I'd recommend boosting CyVa a good amount, as she is barely audible (though that may be because I'm using headphones). If you have access to, say, GarageBand, you can add filters over her voice to make it a little more prominent. As for the overall piece, you can use an equalizer on the exported product (don't know too much about equalizers, but iMovie has some simple ones if you have access to that) to make the product louder without clipping too much.

For the part where the "y" is stressed in "very", you can most likely fix it. It's not a problem with the mixing, it's a problem with the tuning. Check the note with the phoneme and shorten it, or change it to a different phoneme (I don't know any in particular off the top of my head). Unfortunately, CyVa isn't the easiest to work with in terms of realism (in my opinion at least).

I hope this helped!

Yes Very helpful thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users