VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Mandarin VOCALOID4: Lu Niang - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mandarin VOCALOID4: Lu Niang 3rd new character for Shanghai Wangcheng

#1 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• Has a large obsession over Longya
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:All Chinese VOCALOIDs duh
  • Producers:JUSF, ilem, Chunbai-P, st.k4n3, Zeno

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hi there! I'm still kinda sorting everything out with this one in terms of translations of the character information itself and such, but for now, I'll just go ahead and skip to the announcement part (I will edit the OP accordingly when things start becoming clearer).

As the title implies, there's going to (potentially) be a new Mandarin-capable VOCALOID4 from Shanghai Wangcheng. Shanghai Wangcheng is the company handling Zhang Chuchu and Yuecheng (King)'s voicebanks and has some marketing rights to Xin Hua.

There really isn't that much to say since the announcement article talks a lot about Shanghai Wangcheng's history and their affiliation with Chuchu, Yuecheng, and Xin Hua. But it was mentioned that Lu Niang's production would begin soon and it seems she would have an audition, just like Chuchu and Yuecheng did.

She's apparently the mascot of NetEase Comics and her name translates to "Deer Girl" (or "Deer Mother", though I don't think "Mother" is the correct term to refer to her as). From what I read so far, she's "forever 15".

The reason I marked her as "potential" is for the same reason as Yuecheng and Chuchu at the time. No voicebank examples for now and Shanghai Wangcheng hasn't released a VOCALOID product yet, so we're still waiting.

Here's what she looks like for now:
Spoiler

(Announcement source: http://weibo.com/5611031032/Ff3tomXc5 )

What do you think of her?

EDIT: Adding some information about her character based on her Baidu encyclopedia entries.

Spoiler

------
Demonstration songs:
None for now

Voice provider information:
Voice provider not chosen yet

Official character art (VOCALOID counterpart):
None at the moment

Character information:
PENDING

Vocaloid Wiki Pages:
http://vocaloid.wiki...iki/Yao_Luniang

This post has been edited by NebulousViper: 07 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

#2 User is offline   TJ Studio Icon

• Vocal Synth Electronic/EDM Producer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:VocaCircus

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:11 PM

Not bad. Hope it's for digital download as well (Unlike the VSinger cast and Stardust, it's for the physical disc download only :( ), I really wanted to use a Chinese Vocaloid for my music production

#3 User is offline   PikaOMiau Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:46 AM

Well, she kinda looks like Miki in Miku's clothes and deer horns... but she's cute nonetheless. I'd rather have her than Chuchu, to be honest. Also I hope her voice is like an Iroha type, but maybe more femenine and softer.

#4 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

gonna have to wait until I hear a voice demo before I pass judgement.

#5 User is offline   Uchuu Icon

• ★ Twinkle Star ★
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Stardust, UNI
  • Producers:Mel, Harufuri, oov, sigel

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:43 AM

She's precious. I stan her. I hope this company delivers though, I wanna see Chuchu and Yuecheng be released.

#6 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• Has a large obsession over Longya
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:All Chinese VOCALOIDs duh
  • Producers:JUSF, ilem, Chunbai-P, st.k4n3, Zeno

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:41 AM

So, my friends and I did some checking. They don't seem to be doing anything to her design, at least for now. They didn't mention it, so I removed that part from the OP.

I added information about her character. You can see that in the OP as well. Contains things about her basic info, personality, skills, likes, about where she's from, her name etc. They seem to refer to her as "Luniang", but her full name is "Yao Luniang".

#7 User is offline   Passive Aggressive Iroha Icon

• A proud graduate of procrastination 101.
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Gackpo, flower, Iroha, Fukase, Kiyoteru

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:32 AM

That has to be the most generic design I've ever seen, jesus.

#8 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

View PostPassive Aggressive Iroha, on 03 August 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

That has to be the most generic design I've ever seen, jesus.

After Stardust, its a notable issue too.

People, however, don't believe in a "generic Vocaloid design", but you can see the influence clearly in a lot of Vocaloid designs... Ironically the ones confirmed aren't always too obvious. But the same issue is a issue with voice similarities and it is an issue that fans often are stubborn to accept. I think if not for Noboru speaking up about the issue with V3, we wouldn't have it confirmed as a very real issue. One day... Maybe fans will acknowledge the designs too.

#9 User is offline   D!zzy Icon

• [dZ]
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:Hachi, Team Kamiuta, Ryuryu

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

She does look like a different character doing a cute Miku cosplay, haha.

I theorise that they couldn't think of a design, so they added deer horns as a distraction. Since she's 15 I'm expecting a voice similar to Lumi's.

#10 User is offline   Kona Icon

• I just really love Len.
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Len, Lily, Una, IA, Avanna, Miku
  • Producers:Mitchie M. 40mP, Giga-P

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

I'll agree with her being generic, my first thought seeing her design was "is that just Miku's outfit?"

#11 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

I'm not saying sort of thing is off limits, but its a lot more exciting when they try a new design. One of the things Dex and Daina was praised over was their fresh Vocaloid designs even in Japan. I know eventually we'll run out of really creative designs, but this one just relies on the same forumlas that produced Miku's design in the first place, furthermore even though it reuses the design its not the fact it does its that it really isn't doing much with it that hasn't been done before. Its a great character, but they need to spice up the attire even if they keep it. The old of re-using an existing concept should be to change it to hit nostalgia while introducing a new approach. But they are doing that with Miku herself. Considering that Uni's Attire looked like her Appen design also, it seems there is a serious issue about designs going on overall in Asia right now.

This... Concerns me at a time when V4 has had to acknowledge there are some generic traits in Vocaloids already... :-/

edit:

Lets put it this way... There are 5 Vocaloids confirmed who took design pages out of CFM's CV series; Sonika, Big Al, SF-A2 miki, Nana (and in turn Petit I suppose) and Gackpo.

If I put all 5 in a line up with Miku herself, with only written descriptions you can easily tell them apart, to me this is what a successful design re-use is about.

#12 User is offline   Distortion Icon

• mess
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Lily, Leon, Rana
  • Producers:Kikuo, niki, Wowaka

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

Usually I like boring designs but this is leaning a little too much on the miku rip off side for me. But what's really bothering me is the tie. I don't know why but it's really ruining the whole look for me. It's such a small detail but damn I want that tie gone
I'd like it better if they ditched the tie and the sleeves. Maybe give her a bow instead of a tie.

#13 User is offline   BenHo Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Yuyoyuppe, Utsu-P, Muryoku-P

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

Couldn't they have given her outfit literally ANY other color scheme besides "Miku"? The design of her outfit is already really similar to Miku's, so using the same color scheme is just... what were they thinking?

#14 User is offline   Zoku Icon

• im a waking mess
  • Icon
  • Producers:DystoP, kuben, CircusP

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

People are acting as if they purposefully followed the "Miku formula" when it seems that Lu Niang had this design before the possibility of a Vocaloid VB even occurred. She was a mascot for a comic chain before being a possible Vocaloid.

That's all I'm saying about design because other than that, I feel people should stop paying so much attention to design and more to the voice. That's why we have a kind of "generic" voice in the first place..

#15 User is offline   Masuta-Chan~ Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Circus-P, Mothy-P, ect. :3

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

I actually really love her look. And tbh all Vocaloids nowadays get compared to others design wise. it just happens when you have more and more of them. I'd like for her to get something more unique to help her stand out, but over all shes cute.

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users