VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: VOCALOID4: Xin Hua V4 - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VOCALOID4: Xin Hua V4

#1 User is offline   TJ Studio Icon

• Vocal Synth Electronic/EDM Producer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:VocaCircus

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

Apparently, I was on twitter looking at some stuff. When all the sudden. Xin Hua's V4 update for VOCALOID4 was somehow revealed. I had to post this on VocaloidOtaku to spread the news

Posted Image

Xin Hua's V4 update is available for the VOCALOID4 engine. Not only Xin Hua contains a growl feature, but she also contains her natural and power voicebank to take advantage of the Cross-Synthesis feature. According to the translated news here http://www.gynoid.co.jp/news/view/53/ She has a Japanese version. I'm predicting that Xin Hua not only has Chinese voicebanks, the Japanese as well

In addition. Xin Hua will have her MMD model made.

Posted Image

You can pre-order Xin Hua V4 in some selected stores

Gynoid store [Japanese]: https://gynoid.theba...n/items/7920987

Xin Hua V4 Cubase starter pack: https://gynoid.theba...n/items/7921012

Taboo Store [Chinese] [Where the VSinger cast and Stardust is also distributed]: https://item.taobao....894&toSite=main

Didn't expect that to happen. But, oh well. A reveal is a reveal

Edit: According to the demo. She does have a Japanese voicebank.

Edit 2: Welp, I was wrong about the sudden release. Her Japanese version will release in September 22nd (Which is Friday), but the Chinese version will come later (But is unknown when)

#2 User is offline   Move->Forward Icon

• That Piapro Studio Girl
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Vocaloids:The Cryptons

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:09 AM

Oh? I saw on twitter she's available for pre-order :0 (not a release yet)

Still, certainly is out of nowhere. Great she's getting Japanese voicebanks!

#3 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Vocaloids:BIG AL
  • Producers:OSTER-P

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:53 AM

well that is unexpected. I kinda figured she would of been forgotten about due to how popular luo tiyani was in china. Still that is cool she is getting a V4. Granted I'm not digging the new colors, but I can overlook it since yoou can still just use her V3 colors.

#4 User is offline   Distortion Icon

• mess
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Lily, Leon, Rana
  • Producers:Kikuo, niki, Wowaka

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

I think the color scheme is...interesting. I like her v3 more but it's not terrible. Glad to see her updated though, I like her voice.

#5 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• Has a large obsession over Longya
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:All Chinese VOCALOIDs duh
  • Producers:JUSF, ilem, Chunbai-P, st.k4n3, Zeno

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

I've compiled and simplified the information on Vocaloid Wikia if you need help understanding what's going on:

http://vocaloid.wiki...in_Hua_Japanese
http://vocaloid.wiki...wiki/Xin_Hua_V4

@conversation about design - This color scheme is not exactly "new". This was part of her old concept design when she was still in development. They also used this version for her VOCALOID3 + Cubase bundle package. Turns out that they're going with it for her Japanese boxart.

#6 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

She likely did better then many expected, though its getting harder to tell how well these vocaloids are doing. It used to be the rule of the thumb if a Vocaloid got an update, they did well before. Now its more like "what" kinda of update. To me when a non-Japanese gets a Japanesevocal it means their trying to bump up sales, this however isn't a certainity to work. Both SeeU and Yohioloid have had lustbuster releases for Japanese, in V2 we believed almost to a rule that if you had Japanese the vocaloid was certain to be successful. However, a lot of the issue is that the foreign vocals aren't perfect and have more flaws then the natives, and Japan has an awful lot of Vocaloids now... Thats a crowded market and even some of the newer Japanese aren't getting anywhere compared to V2. For the natives, to me its almost a bad choice to release without XSY at this point as XSY just gives too many options. :-/

Though the Chinese update + XSY is definitely the more note worthy of the two... It means instantly she is able to compete with vocals being sold in China itself.

#7 User is offline   KingSkyeRain Icon

• (。◕‿‿◕。)
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:SeeU, Xin Hua, Zhiyu Moke

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

I was thinking of buying her v3 but nevermind i'm going wait for her v4..... hopefully its easier to buy than her v3 lol :xinhua:

#8 User is offline   NebulousViper Icon

• Has a large obsession over Longya
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:All Chinese VOCALOIDs duh
  • Producers:JUSF, ilem, Chunbai-P, st.k4n3, Zeno

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

"Though the Chinese update + XSY is definitely the more note worthy of the two... It means instantly she is able to compete with vocals being sold in China itself. "

Her Chinese isn't confirmed to have more than one voicebank though. Only her Japanese package has multiple vocals: Normal and Power. We don't know very much about the Chinese package aside from what it looks like, notes about the design itself, it's on pre-order and it can be purchased as a physical or digital copy.

@Skye - You wouldn't have been able to buy her V3 anyways unless you're looking for her starter packs. Her standalone V3 packs are no longer sold on either Gynoid or Shanghai Wangcheng's shops.

"hopefully its easier to buy than her v3 lol"

Her Japanese is being sold on Gynoid and her Chinese update is being sold on Shanghai Wangcheng's Taobao. She is already easier to buy. She has been since 2016 when Gynoid stopped having Facio distributing her (which was Taiwan restricted).

#9 User is offline   Infoholic Icon

• Digital_S CEO
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Tone Rion, Macne Nana, Rana, CUL
  • Producers:Circus, Cien, Kikuo

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

If there isn't a power chinese voicebank I'd say that's pretty weird tbh since it's kind of her main language

#10 User is offline   KingSkyeRain Icon

• (。◕‿‿◕。)
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:SeeU, Xin Hua, Zhiyu Moke

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

View PostNebulousViper, on 21 August 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

@Skye - You wouldn't have been able to buy her V3 anyways unless you're looking for her starter packs. Her standalone V3 packs are no longer sold on either Gynoid or Shanghai Wangcheng's shops.

"hopefully its easier to buy than her v3 lol"

Her Japanese is being sold on Gynoid and her Chinese update is being sold on Shanghai Wangcheng's Taobao. She is already easier to buy. She has been since 2016 when Gynoid stopped having Facio distributing her (which was Taiwan restricted).

Oh, i knew she wasn't on Shanghai Wangcheng's shop and Facio didn't have the (outside of taiwan)shipping but i did find a website selling her v3 but it was "a lot" of money compared to her v4 is going for.

either way i'm glad that her v4 got revealed before i even started looking for her.

#11 User is offline   Robyn Is A Ninja Icon

• Wind Turbine of the Jellyfish Mom
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Oliver, Kaito, Avanna, Anon, Wil, Fukase
  • Producers:AdyS, Yukitsuki, EmpathP, KTKT

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:35 PM

her Japanese sounds really cute! and yeahh, it is an interesting choice to give her more JP banks than Chinese ngl. But who knows maybe they'll add more. I am really digging her new color scheme, especially since it came from one of her old concepts. really cute! plus she's gonna be soooo much easier to buy now for people living outside of Taiwan. all around I'm excited to see where she goes from here

#12 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

The way the OP was worded gave me the impression it was Chinese with the XSY... Actually having it on the Japanese may be the smarter move then as it makes her stand out from any without it.

#13 User is online   D!zzy Icon

• [dZ]
  • Icon
  • Producers:Hachi, Team Kamiuta, Ryuryu

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Insert screenshot of me complaining about the colour scheme in 2015 here

Good for Xin Hua for getting an update though, it's a nice surprise!

#14 User is offline   Byakuren Icon

• The Zombie
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Ruby, galaco, kokone, Lily
  • Producers:kiichi, gigaP, DECO*27

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

Oh she's the vocaloid I never really remember exists...?

Well good for her getting an update.

(@Dizzy: isn't her colour scheme like the exact same colour scheme as the gifs in your signature...? www)

#15 User is online   D!zzy Icon

• [dZ]
  • Icon
  • Producers:Hachi, Team Kamiuta, Ryuryu

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

first of all how dare you, I wouldn't let that grey-green within 100m of my home

Second of all it is kind of interesting they decided to change her hair colour for an update, that's pretty bold. If they'd redrawn the entire thing she might have looked like an entirely different character, a la Rion. (I don't see that as a good or bad thing, just an uncommon style of marketing)

• (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users