VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: 2017 Nico Nico Cho Party vocaloid concert details - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2017 Nico Nico Cho Party vocaloid concert details VFlower & Otomachi Una debuting this year

#1 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Along with Flower & Una's debut; Miku, Rin, Len, Luka, Gumi, Gakupo, IA, Yukari and Teto are also set to return this year http://choparty.jp/artist/

Concert tickets & details on the concert's japanese (http://choparty.jp/) & english (http://www.chokaigi.jp/2017/en/) pages.

#2 User is offline   Delsago Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Deco*27, kz, Oster, Junky, Ryo

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

So Cho Party was this friday.

I couldn't watch it live so i have to base my ipmressions of the usual uploads.

So far i'm not impressed at all by the sound mixing and camera angles of the stream.
The instruments where overwhelming the vocals a lot and there's some metallic reverberation to them plus the vocals sounding muffled a lot. Checking other stream uploads of different cho Party sections it was the same everywhere, i would've been miffed paying for this.
Camera angles, a lot of hall panning and it's really off putting during the opener where the stage helpers couldn't get the screen cloth down fast enough and where piling in the middle of the stage to get it down. There where no good angles to get at all.
And the weird angles where following through the whole stream, especially when they tried to get some side views with the AR models on it.
So AR models. We had plenty of smaller concerts with those and usually it was AR only, what's kind of offputting is that you still got the MMD animation in the background. Motions where not synchron, angles off and to some point it was frustrating to see how good the AR's actually looked compared to the MMD counterpart.
The AR renders had no bodyline, shader for a more 3D feeling, wonderful textures and lightning on hair and clothes. The MMD render literally paled in comparison.

I could go into detail on each songs but after watching it a second and third time i got to enjoy it besides the stream quality.
So far i really like the opening until song 5, Yukari getting to shine again and wrecking havoc and ahh 11, even with the AR's but it was such a cheery performance and motion with nice backgrounds, same for 14(classic) and then the finale which got me again *sniff*.
Some transitions between the songs wheren't that smooth with the timing and instrumental wise and i feel that after last years teasing it fell a little short and maybe a little to crammed as well.
On the other hand when would we've gotten Vocaloids like Una or flower in a concert? Right, never.

I'm definitely looking forward to the official Nico upload now, let's just hope we don't have to wait for it until Miku's birthday next year. The one for 2016 was a good improvement in direct comparison to the stream quality, even though some of the crowd cheering and reactions where tuned out and miku's cute mishap.

Songlist
Spoiler

#3 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• Icon

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

Don't know how long this will stay up for

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users