VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Japari Park: Lost Tanshima [Quest] - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Jump to content

New VO Changelog - Find out more: http://www.vocaloido...ew-vo-changelog

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2017 DevFuse
  • (2 Pages) +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Japari Park: Lost Tanshima [Quest] Selphos, watch Kemono Friends

#1 User is offline   CondorTalon Icon

  • VIT 999, LUK 0
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 202
  • Joined: 12-April 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Producers:ぎんすけ, Last Note., cosMo, 黒魔

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:56 AM

CHARACTERS HERE

======

Posted Image

You've seen the opening scene of Inception. Well, right now, that scene is playing out right in front of you... minus the children building sandcastles of course. You lift your head up and look around. You can barely see anything too far in front of you... of course, you think, slowly bringing your hand up to your face. Your glasses aren't on your face. That'll be a bit of a problem; hopefully they haven't been washed away.

Oh, who are you kidding? They totally have. That was going to suck.

You slowly sit up. Your clothes are drenched, but you can't really dwell on that. You look out to sea, trying to piece together what led to this point.

You were part of a small research team who were headed to Tanshima to investigate signs of a Sandstar eruption having happened there. A Sandstar explosion meant that the island was probably now inhabited by Friends... and Ceruleans.

Geographical scans showed that the island grew by several orders of magnitude in size... which some of your team were skeptical about... but the scans didn't lie. As your team's ship approached to island it was clear that the island was now way bigger than it used to be.

Then... an explosion rocked the ship. Panic gripped the crew as the vessel was rocked about, and before you even realized what exactly had happened.

The sting of the saltwater assaulted you.

That's right... the team!

"Hatanaka! Yagi!" you cry out, "Fujimura? Kiryuu? Maehara!"

Nothing. They're not here. Damn it...

Were you the only survivor? It's impossible to tell, but... the possibility is high.

This is... this must be Tanshima. The chance that you somehow got marooned on a different island when you were so close to Tanshima is slim. So... you've made it to your destination, at least. But with no team and no tools, actually doing research will be tough.

Research... into Friends... Friends... Ceruleans...

That's right. This island probably isn't safe. Looks like you'll be forced into survival mode for now.

Then you should probably get moving... as hard as that will be with impaired vision. You take a few steps down the beach with the intention of moving inland, when...

"Ah, there you are! Master!"

An unfamiliar voice. The sound of footsteps bounding towards you, and then...

You feel something slam into you. You stagger, but don't fall. Looking down, you notice... it's a girl.

Posted Image

Looking closer, you see animal ears poking up from the top of her hair. A Friend?

"Master, I'm so glad... I thought you had died... you and everyone else..." she says, snuggling against your chest.

"U-Um..." you stammer out.

"Right! Here, Master, these are yours, right?" she asks, holding something out to you...

You squint, and...

Your glasses.

You take them from the girl and put them on, and the world comes into focus.

"Yay! Master can see again!" the girl says, jumping up and down.

"Uh, great, but... who are you?" you ask.

"Eh? Ehhh? What do you mean?" the girl asks, before gasping, "Don't tell me you don't recognize me?! That's so rude, Master! Just because I don't look the same..."

She pouts.

Wait... is that...

"Shiina?" you say.

The girl's face brightens.

"Yay! Master remembered!" she says, hugging you again.

Shiina. Your dog. Normally... you wouldn't have brought your dog to this excursion, but in this instance you had nowhere to leave her. She's a good dog, and is fairly mild-mannered. Still, it took quite a bit of convincing for the team to let you bring her with you. And it was under the stipulation that she stayed in a carrier cage to avoid any accidental contact with Sandstar.

Well, considering you capsized, you guessed it didn't take... but to actually see her become a Friend...

"Still... this isn't good, is it, Master?" Shiina asks, her tail drooping.

"No, I can't really say that it is," you say.

"What... What are we going to do?" she asks.

"For now... we're moving inland," you reply, "We'll set up a base of operations, and then..."

"And then?" Shiina asks.

"Well... try to find the others, is the top priority, I think," you say.

"The others... okay! We'll definitely find them, right, Master?" she responds excitedly.

"...Yeah. Yeah, we'll definitely find them," you reply, petting her head.

"Ehehe... at least some things haven't changed..." she says.

For now...

>Head west
>Head north
>Head northeast
0


#2 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

  • scottish vocaperson ❤
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 7,997
  • Joined: 03-May 10
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Scotland
  • Vocaloids:Chika

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

>Head north
0


#3 User is offline   astroninja Icon

  • VO's First Ocarinist
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,054
  • Joined: 03-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Producers:Tripshots

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

>Head north

would be nice to have a reference to where these directions lead relative to the beach. as in following the coastline vs headed directly inland

This post has been edited by astroninja: 28 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

0


#4 User is offline   Selphos Icon

  • Bitter to the end.
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,193
  • Joined: 02-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere else
  • Producers:yuyoyuppe, kurozumiP

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

Posted Image

Spoiler


>Head north
0


#5 User is offline   Nova Icon

  • Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 17,511
  • Joined: 02-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:think you can find me?
  • Producers:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

>Head northeast
0


#6 User is offline   CondorTalon Icon

  • VIT 999, LUK 0
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 202
  • Joined: 12-April 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Producers:ぎんすけ, Last Note., cosMo, 黒魔

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:16 AM

>Head north

You decide to start off by heading north. This will get you to the center of the island, you figure, considering that you're more than likely on the southern shore of the island. You head up the slope leading from the beach. Shiina bounds along energetically behind you, staying close to you.

Soon the scenery around you changes, as it begins to get more and more crowded with trees. It seems you're entering a forest.

Your thoughts turn to that base you said you were going to set up. You were probably going to need to get some materials and find some way to put them all together to create a sturdy house. Even if it is temporary, it'll probably be way longer than you expect. You'll need to make sure you can get something up that can withstand bad weather, among other things.

Suddenly, you hear a rustling from the bushes.

"Is someone there?" you say. Your tone isn't one of concern; the concern will only really come if there's no response.

"Huh? Is someone else here?" you hear, coming from a bush. The owner of the voice pops her head from the bush.

Posted Image

"Oh my, I haven't seen you two around here before... are you new Friends?" she asks, stepping out from the bush.

"Well, sort of," Shiina says, moving forward curiously.

"Sort of?" the girl repeats.

"I'm a Friend!" Shiina says, "I became one just a few hours ago, but Master is a human!"

"M-Master?" the girl asks.

"Shiina, come on," you respond, "Sorry about that. But yeah, I'm not a Friend, I'm a human. I'm..."

>Name input
0


#7 User is offline   Nova Icon

  • Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 17,511
  • Joined: 02-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:think you can find me?
  • Producers:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:32 AM

>Aiden Clarke
0


#8 User is offline   Selphos Icon

  • Bitter to the end.
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,193
  • Joined: 02-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere else
  • Producers:yuyoyuppe, kurozumiP

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:53 AM

>Daisuke Tamura
0


#9 User is offline   astroninja Icon

  • VO's First Ocarinist
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,054
  • Joined: 03-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Producers:Tripshots

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:03 AM

>Takashi Yamaguchi
0


#10 User is offline   CondorTalon Icon

  • VIT 999, LUK 0
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 202
  • Joined: 12-April 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Producers:ぎんすけ, Last Note., cosMo, 黒魔

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:00 AM

1d3 = 2

>Daisuke Tamura

"...Tamura Daisuke," you say.

"Hm hm... it's nice to meet you!" the girl says, "I'm Ibex. It's been a long time since a human's been here."

"Is that so?" you ask. That's strange... you don't remember hearing anything about humans inhabiting Tanshima before. "There were humans here before?"

"Ahaha, well," Ibex says, "I haven't actually seen a human. It's just something I've heard from others."

That gets you thinking...

"Who are these others?" you ask.

"Well, quite a few other Friends, I guess!" Ibex replies.

"Can I meet these Friends? I'd like to know more about these previous humans," you reply.

"You're a curious type, aren't you?" she asks.

"Well, there's another reason I want to know about these humans," you say, "I... well, my team should be the first humans to be on this island."

"Hmm? That's strange! Well, you should talk to the other Friends, then!" Ibex says, "They should be able to tell you more."

"Um... master," Shiina says, "What about... what about the base?"

"Hmm? Base?" Ibex asks.

"Uh, well," you say. You explain to Ibex that you're stranded here for now; you explain how it happened and that you need to set up a base of operations and find the others... if they're alive and managed to make it onto the island.

"I see, I see," Ibex says, after hearing your explanation, "That's a predicament for sure. Ah, but if you'd like, I can direct you to some Friends that can help you build a base!"

"Really?" you ask.

"Oh, yes! I'm sure they'd help out if you tell them your story!" she replies.

Hmm... though that was your original plan, you can't help but get caught up on those other humans that she was talking about...

>Have her direct you to the base building Friends
>Have her direct you to the Friends that know about the humans
0


#11 User is offline   Nova Icon

  • Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 17,511
  • Joined: 02-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:think you can find me?
  • Producers:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

>Have her direct you to the base building Friends
0


#12 User is offline   Selphos Icon

  • Bitter to the end.
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,193
  • Joined: 02-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere else
  • Producers:yuyoyuppe, kurozumiP

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:52 AM

>Have her direct you to the base building Friends
0


#13 User is offline   Cluemily Icon

  • scottish vocaperson ❤
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 7,997
  • Joined: 03-May 10
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Scotland
  • Vocaloids:Chika

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

>Have her direct you to the base building Friends
0


#14 User is offline   astroninja Icon

  • VO's First Ocarinist
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,054
  • Joined: 03-May 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Producers:Tripshots

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

>Have her direct you to the Friends that know about the humans
0


#15 User is offline   CondorTalon Icon

  • VIT 999, LUK 0
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 202
  • Joined: 12-April 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Producers:ぎんすけ, Last Note., cosMo, 黒魔

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

>Have her direct you to the base building Friends

Well, that's not the most salient issue here. You really do need a place to rest up.

"Yeah, if you could do that for us, we'd really appreciate it," you say.

"I wouldn't mind at all!" Ibex says, "They live over the hill, so I'll bring you there. This way!"

Ibex begins to move, walking through the trees. You and Shiina quickly follow behind Ibex.

The walk soon turns into a hike, as you go up the hill that Ibex mentioned. You don't let it get to you, though. After all, what kind of field researcher would you be if you couldn't traverse a few slopes? It seems Shiina's doing fine, too.

So, the walk is a bit uneventful. At the top of the hill, you look out onto the island. You knew how big the island had become, but actually seeing it is a different matter; even from up here, the land stretches out beyond the horizon.

"It feels so good to walk around," Shiina says.

"Hmm," you say, idly scratching at her ears, "Have you gotten used to your body already?"

"Used to it?" Shiina says, "Well... I dunno! It sort of feels like... I've always been like this, I guess?"

"Is that so?" you ask.

"Ah, I know what you're talking about," Ibex says, "You didn't really have any difficulty adjusting to your new body, right?"

"Mhm!" Shiina affirms.

Well, this was something you've known about, but you didn't realize just how quickly it happened. You've never gotten real insight from a recently turned Friend before.

"Shall we keep going?" Ibex asks.

You and Shiina agree, and you all start heading down the hill. Rather than the forested area on the side of the hill you came from, the area you're appraoching is more open fields.

"You see that lake over there?" Ibex asks, "That's where we're headed."

"So the Friends live there, huh?" Shiina asks.

"Yep!" Ibex replies, "That's where Eurasian Beaver lives."

You continue to move down the slope, and eventually reach the bottom of the hill.

"Master, we've been walking for quite a while now," Shiina says, "Do you want to take a break?"

"Huh?" you ask.

She looks up at you with a look of slight worry on her face.

She doesn't really look that tired... is she concerned about you? Well, you have indeed been walking for quite a long while.

>Yeah, let's take a break
>I'm still good to go (Roll 1d100)
0


  • (2 Pages) +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users