VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: A few (actually, a lot) questions before my first VOCALOID purchase - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A few (actually, a lot) questions before my first VOCALOID purchase I wanna be really prepared, y'know?

#1 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Rin, Miku, IA, flower, Iroha, Len, Yuki
  • Producers:Jin, PinocchioP, GigaP, MARETU, Osanzi

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

Ok, so this will be a long post, but please bare with me. I've thought this over, and now I've finally decided that I want to purchase the VOCALOID4 Editor as well as Rin and Len V4X Bundle as my first VOCALOID purchases. I have some questions, so if anyone here on VO would like to answer some of them (or all of them!) that'd be awesome!

First, I'm planning on buying the download versions of both products. The VOCALOID4 Editor download seems pretty straight-forward (I'm planning on buying from the official VOCALOID website) but I'm a bit perplexed on Rin and Len. I'm planning on buying them from Big Fish Audio, and If I'm correct, they come with Piapro Studio and Studio One, right? I think at least the physical version does. I'm not planning on using either Piapro Studio or Studio One, but I'd just like to know. Does the digital one also come with them? (I really doubt this though) (I could also be totally wrong about this)

I know that if you get the physical version, it comes with one DVD for all the Japanese voicebanks, but you have to register the English voicebanks on the Crypton site and download them. Is this the same for the download version? Do you have to connect with Crypton to get the English voicebanks working or do they come together with the download?

Also, how does the activation process work with digital downloads of VOCALOIDs? As in, how exactly do I activate my VOCALOIDs? If someone could explain this in detail, I would highly appreciate it. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, y'know?

I'm also assuming they send you the serial codes via email, right? And do the voicebanks pop right up in the VOCALOID4 Editor after you installed/activated them onto your computer? I've heard from some that Crypton VOCALOIDS are a bit tedious to get on the VOCALOID Editor, since they come with Piapro Studio. Is this correct?

I'm sorry if this is very long, but I want to be super prepared before my purchase, so that there are no slip-ups during installation, activation, etc. (ง'̀-'́)ง
I might add more questions later, and if some of you have any tips/advice, I would highly appreciate you sharing them! Thanks in advance everyone!

#2 User is offline   Marric Icon

• Technidude at your service
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Producers:<empty>

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

View Postidoltrash69, on 21 September 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

First, I'm planning on buying the download versions of both products. The VOCALOID4 Editor download seems pretty straight-forward (I'm planning on buying from the official VOCALOID website) but I'm a bit perplexed on Rin and Len. I'm planning on buying them from Big Fish Audio, and If I'm correct, they come with Piapro Studio and Studio One, right? I think at least the physical version does. I'm not planning on using either Piapro Studio or Studio One, but I'd just like to know. Does the digital one also come with them? (I really doubt this though) (I could also be totally wrong about this)

The DL (download) versions come with Piapro Studio packaged, and you get a serial number for Studio One (which is not directly included in the download) via email to be registered and downloaded from Presonus.

I know that if you get the physical version, it comes with one DVD for all the Japanese voicebanks, but you have to register the English voicebanks on the Crypton site and download them. Is this the same for the download version? Do you have to connect with Crypton to get the English voicebanks working or do they come together with the download?

When you buy them directly at Sonicwire, they are registered in your linked-together Sonicwire/Crypton accounts.

I'm also assuming they send you the serial codes via email, right? And do the voicebanks pop right up in the VOCALOID4 Editor after you installed/activated them onto your computer? I've heard from some that Crypton VOCALOIDS are a bit tedious to get on the VOCALOID Editor, since they come with Piapro Studio. Is this correct?

The opposite is the case: Non-Cryptonloids require an activation code from Sonicwire to be used inside Piapro Studio. All Cryptonloids however can be used inside the Vocaloid Editor without problems (after they're all and the Editor have been activated using the Activate4 program).

#3 User is offline   Kona Icon

• I just really love Len.
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Len, Lily, Una, IA, Avanna, Miku
  • Producers:Mitchie M. 40mP, Giga-P

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

1. The digital version comes with everything the physical version does, so Piapro and Studio One are in the digital version of the package

2. With the digital version, you should just get the download. Though I'm unsure because you can't register downloads on Crypton unless they're bought from Sonicwire but I assume BFA would send you the download links

3. The activation should come up automatically after installation. If it doesn't, just search for Activate4 and use your activation serials, you'll get the serials in an email. Rin/Len V4X and Rin/Len V4 English will have their own codes, so you'll have two codes for the whole bundle

4. They do pop right up. Cryptonloids are only tedious if you plan to use Piapro.

#4 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Thank you Marric and Kona! I really appreciate the responses.

View PostMarric, on 21 September 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

When you buy them directly at Sonicwire, they are registered in your linked-together Sonicwire/Crypton accounts.

And if I'm shopping from Big Fish Audio, how does that work?

#5 User is offline   Move->Forward Icon

• That Piapro Studio Girl
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:The Cryptons

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

View Postidoltrash69, on 21 September 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

And if I'm shopping from Big Fish Audio, how does that work?

If you buy via download from Big Fish Audio, they will send an email with download links to the email connected to your BFA account.
You cannot register Cryptonloids bought via dl from BFA, so if you want to register (for discounts, etc) you need to buy a physical copy or buy the dl from Crypton/Sonicwire.
As long as the physical copy is new, you will be able to register it onto Crypton's site regardless of where it was purchased from.

#6 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostMove->Forward, on 21 September 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

If you buy via download from Big Fish Audio, they will send an email with download links to the email connected to your BFA account.
You cannot register Cryptonloids bought via dl from BFA, so if you want to register (for discounts, etc) you need to buy a physical copy or buy the dl from Crypton/Sonicwire.
As long as the physical copy is new, you will be able to register it onto Crypton's site regardless of where it was purchased from.

Ah, thanks Move!

#7 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

Hey guys, so I ran into a bit of a problem. I'm at the VOCALOID Shop trying to buy the V4 Editor, and I've already entered all the information they ask you before you buy. I selected to pay with a credit card, and clicked next. It brings me go the "Review your information" page, and after checking all my info I click "Buy now". However, after clicking that it just brings me back to the "Review your information" page and there's nothing I can do. I checked to see if they charged me the money but they didn't. I've clicked "Buy now" around three times and nothing's happened. What's going on?

#8 User is offline   mvcucumber Icon

• tsuki no usagi
  • Icon
  • Producers:Mitchie M, GigaP

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

View Postidoltrash69, on 30 September 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

I've clicked "Buy now" around three times and nothing's happened. What's going on?

Disabled pop-ups?

#9 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

View Postmvcucumber, on 30 September 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Disabled pop-ups?

I don't think so... any idea on what's happening? ;_;

#10 User is offline   mvcucumber Icon

• tsuki no usagi
  • Icon

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

What if you'll do it on different web browser? Do you have firefox or chrome?

#11 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

View Postmvcucumber, on 30 September 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

What if you'll do it on different web browser? Do you have firefox or chrome?

I am currently using Chrome but I also have that 'Microsoft Edge' browser. I guess I could try with that one...

#12 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:28 AM

edit: So it worked and now I have installed and activated the VOCALOID4 Editor! Now I just have to complete my Rin & Len purchase (which I had some trouble with today, according to BFA my credit card was accepted but "a hold has been placed on this transaction". I'll look more into it tomorrow though, I'm a little tired right now ;;^_^)

#13 User is offline   mvcucumber Icon

• tsuki no usagi
  • Icon

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

Happy money spending!

#14 User is offline   idoltrash69 Icon

• 2D women > 3D women
  • Icon

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Ok so I finally got around to buy Rin and Len (finally they accept all my credit card info ;v;) and I'm given all these links to download. I'm assuming each link is for each "thing", so to say? (JP voicebanks, ENG voicebanks, Studio One, etc) However, I'm not sure about this. Am I supposed to click all the links? I use Windows, by the way. Sorry for the kinda dumb question ;_;

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Move->Forward Icon

• That Piapro Studio Girl
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:The Cryptons

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:08 AM

Either download all of them, or just the Windows parts and the Piapro Studio update.

You probably won't need the MAC ones, but you can download them just in case if you want.

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users